Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak - who would you choose as Tory leader and future Prime Minister of the UK?

Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak - who would you choose as Tory leader and future Prime Minister of the UK?

• none of the two

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Liz Truss

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Rishi Sunak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Some info about Liz:

.... is a British politician who has served as Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Affairs since 2021 and as Minister for Women and Equalities since 2019. She has been Member of Parliament (MP) for South West Norfolk since 2010. She has served in various cabinet positions under David Cameron, Theresa May and Boris Johnson.

More - with picture:

Liz Truss - Wikipedia

Some info about Rishi:

Born in Southampton to Punjabi Hindu parents who had been raised in the Indian diaspora in Southeast Africa,[1] Sunak was educated at Winchester College. He subsequently read philosophy, politics and economics (PPE) at Lincoln College, Oxford, and later gained an MBA from Stanford University in California as a Fulbright Scholar. While studying at Stanford, he met his future wife Akshata Murty, the daughter of N. R. Narayana Murthy, the Indian billionaire businessman who founded Infosys. Sunak and Murthy are the 222nd richest people in Britain, with a combined fortune of £730m as of 2022.[2] After graduating, he worked for Goldman Sachs and later as a partner at the hedge fund firms The Children's Investment Fund Management and Theleme Partners.

Rishi Sunak - Wikipedia

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As it happens, right now I am reading a novel written by Lynne Truss.
If I compare the two Trusses, I would prefer Lynne over Liz. :)

Lynne Truss (born 31 May 1955[1]) is an English author, journalist, novelist, and radio broadcaster and dramatist. She is arguably best known for her championing of correctness and aesthetics in the English language, which is the subject of her popular and widely discussed 2003 book, Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation.[2] The book was inspired by a BBC Radio 4 show about punctuation, Cutting a Dash, which she presented.

Beside her promotion of linguistic prescription and commentary on English grammar, Truss has written many radio plays, both comedic and dramatic. She has also written novels, and grammar guides for children.

Lynne Truss - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

David's Harp

Dec 7, 2021
Scotland
✟46,483.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
For me, you would be as well asking the question: which face/voice you would rather see/hear in the media?

Whoever gets in will only be following orders from powers much higher than they are.

In my opinion, we really are on a global stage with actors playing their parts in order to entertain and distract from the Truth.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know much about either of them, though I'd rather have our 3rd female PM than someone who stabbed Boris in the back.

But as I'm not a member of the Tory party I, and millions of others, have no say whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But as I'm not a member of the Tory party I, and millions of others, have no say whatsoever.

HERE IN THIS POLL we all have a say.
That is what a forum is there for. :)

We are not the Tory Party here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is a pity that Tom Tugendhat is no longer in the race.
His name means in German: "Er hat Tugend = he has virtue!"

I would have liked a Prime Minister with such a name.

A Queen with the German name Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha
and a Prime Minister called Tugendhat. :)

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,708.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Queen with the German name Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha
and a Prime Minister called Tugendhat. :)

The Queen is Elizabeth Windsor.
Their surname was officially changed from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha in 1917.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums