• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Living with ADHD and ADD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ycgiggles

Feb 17, 2005
✟7,648.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I was in grade one when I was told that I had ADHD and Dexslyia and fine montor skills and my parents where told that I wouldn't fishes highschool but we didn't beilve that because we beilved in god. So elemtrany school was easy as far as rember. It was once I got to highschool that was when I had the hard both scoial and edcution the class work was hard but not that the hardest thing was that I would get picked on and did have anyone to hangout with basically I was a loner because I was always worried that people were going to pick on me because of my ADHD and Dexslyia I would spend many lunches hinding in the libary and then after school I would go home and cry for hours I hate school. I hate classes when my teachers would ask me to read out lound because I would have trouble reading. But I did remeber that god was there in my life to help with life so prayed that he would make me alittle less shy and have friends. Then in grade 9 I did make friends we called our conner werido's conner and no one judge anyone. grade 9 and 10 got alot hard I had a little trouble sit still and listing due to the ADHD but most of the trouble were due to the delysia math and english were the worst at one point I thought I was going to final but I prayed top god to help me beat what the doctors said and passed the courses and I did grade 11 was okkay the worst was grade 12 because I took english 12 in my second semster I took english 12 and I was doing really bad and then I deiced to start skipping class told off a couple of teachers. I was basically final english 12 which was the one course that I need to take to get into ECE so it was a really hard time in my life and a lot of these was due to my two learning dispibilties so I got to the point were I want to kill myself and I had told lost sigth of god then I remher all the people that loved me and that god was there to so estended of killing myself and decided to pay to him for help and help me I didn't pass enfglih 12 but I did get commution was is an easer english so I did get my grade 12 and my dogwood and I am now take some courses in college looking at carre opptions and have lots of new friends. The reason I am tell you about this is that I want you all to know god will help you with what ever you need if you ask him to help and he loves you the way you.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,130.00
Faith
Christian
Praise the LORD! I thank you O Father and I pray you continue to help her my sister and bless her life in everyway and with good friends always. I have ADHD I think , coz of EEG but It might just be social anxiety. I also have depression and God is helping me too. Its awesome that you made it to college but I hear dyslexics have special visual talents, maybe you could develop that and think how you can use that. It is a disablility but not of intelligence I think it can also be a blessing. I dont know what else to say, I will remember this story if I get to know any dyslexics who have lost hope and are helpless.
Peace and God Bless!

Upvote 0

YC Bearzie

*Carefree & Cuddly*
Feb 14, 2005
✟8,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know YCGiggles as we are best friends and I know all the struggles she has endured over the years. Sweetie U truely are a blessing in my life and I couldn't ask for a better friend!!! Keep up the good work.

I hope for all those w/ learning disabilties that have read this thread that you can find that light inside yourself. People will tell you that there are things that you cannot do-but they are wrong!! You can do anything you set your minds to-that doesn't mean it is going to be easy-But any thing is possible if you believe enough!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.