tobewan

Jan 29, 2012
Not really home yet
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture setting of before, is: Mat 22:31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,
Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
Christ the lamb, "slain from before the foundation of the world" (before the creation of Adam), was planned in order to secure the resurrection of mankind, in due time.
The Resurrection is a MAJOR factor in God's plans, from before Adam was created.
Christ's sacrificial death and raising up, he was the first to be resurrected, thus became the firstborn of the new creation, and he became the means whereby Adam and all his descendants will be resurrected to a really true hope of perpetual life, under righteous rule, rather than the corrupt rules and regulations existing now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
AV1611VET said:
We have this thing called The Great Commission; ever heard of it?

I just recently reviewed that thread that someone started on why Jesus wept and shook my head at the ridicule in it.

Now you know why He wept -- people weren't giving a [hoot] about their spiritual lives.

The Great Commission says to preach the Gospel to all the nations, not act like a rude 7 year old and drive people away through mocking behavior. Well, the great commission of Jesus anyways; I imagine Satan is quite gleeful over the mocking version.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,953,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Great Commission says to preach the Gospel to all the nations, not act like a rude 7 year old and drive people away through mocking behavior.
Would you like to compare your Friend's List to mine?

Would those of you who have left and are never coming back because of me, kindly post here in Trog's behalf?

Thank you -- :)

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green

Would those of you who have left and are never coming back because of me, kindly post here in Trog's behalf?

Thank you -- :)

I was talking about the Church, AV. Shocking, I know, but while you may have 2 million plus posts, some of us consider Christ's Church more important than an internet forum. It's telling that you actually think that I am talking about an internet forum.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,953,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was talking about the Church, AV. Shocking, I know, but while you may have 2 million plus posts, some of us consider Christ's Church more important than an internet forum.
What are you doing here, then?
It's telling that you actually think that I am talking about an internet forum.
Didn't Jesus say to go out into the highways? isn't this an information highway?

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
What are you doing here, then?

I'm criticizing you, not attempting to condescend to people I'm supposed to be a witness to while capping it off by demonstrating a lack of basic science knowledge.

Didn't Jesus say to go out into the highways? isn't this an information highway?

No, he didn't say that. And even if he said anything that could be remotely abused into that interpretation, it would be for the purpose of proselytizing, not provoking people in the pursuit of your own worldly passions.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,953,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm criticizing you, not attempting to condescend to people I'm supposed to be a witness to while capping it off by demonstrating a lack of basic science knowledge.

No, he didn't say that. And even if he said anything that could be remotely abused into that interpretation, it would be for the purpose of proselytizing, not provoking people in the pursuit of your own worldly passions.
Why don't you just get off your high-horse and stop acting like you know me.

There are some, like Split Rock, who have put up with me for six years, and [just recently] sent me a friend's request.

Then there are some, like you, who come here with a short fuse and a chip on your should who last about a week or so.

Let me know when you plan to leave, so I can open the door for you.

Upvote 0

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Why don't you just get off your high-horse and stop acting like you know me.

I'm not on a high horse, I'm sitting on a chair. And I'm not acting like I know you.

There are some, like Split Rock, who have put up with me for six years, and [just recently] sent me a friend's request.

Doesn't it indicate anything to you that it took 6 years?

Then there are some, like you, who come here with a short fuse and a chip on your should who last about a week or so.

Let me know when you plan to leave, so I can open the door for you.

Really, AV, really?

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you: That you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jazer

I'm not on a high horse, I'm sitting on a chair.
A chair like this one?

images

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then what are you doing in a CHRISTIAN forum?
In a CHRISTIAN forum, yes.

Golly gee willikers. It's as of Doveaman thinks Cabvet randomly clicked on some search result link and found himself on a forum that allowed oneself to reply to posts without registering... all the while being completely oblivious to what site/forum he'd done so.

Well, except for the fact that one cannot post to CHRISTIANFORUMS without registering to be a member of CHRISTIANFORUMS. :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,953,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Judges in the Supreme Court didn't read that part it would seem.
Neither did Othniel, Ehud, Shamgar, Deborah, Gideon, Abimelech, Tola, Jair, Jephthah, Ibzan, Elon, Abdon, or Samson -- (book of Judges).

Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Is your friend list so long in spite of your occasional unsavoury behaviour, or in respect? :p

Hands up if you're no longer here! :D

Upvote 0

verysincere

Exegete/Linguist
Jan 18, 2012
Haiti
✟18,146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted by Trogool:
...but while you may have 2 million plus posts
That's much less impressive than some people think it is.

I consider it far below anything I would consider "impressive"----so if you are saying that it is "much less impressive" than that..........then that's really saying something!

[Yes, just for LOL.]

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.