Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, so I'd really like to play light and early jazz. Unfortunately, I did not grow up in that era (obviously), nor did my parents listen, no really anyone I know very well. So, basically, what are some of the hits from back then? The only two "books" that I have are favorites that Nat "King" Cole would sing, and also a book of Gershwin. Some of the one that Cole sang are really cool (Victor Young has the two I like most... soft, ballad type ones), and a few Gershwins ... but he tened to get a bit on the weird side, hehe.

So, anyways... I'm really looking for the really early stuff. *thinks* Hm, stuff like .... Fly Me to the Moon, I've played that in a sort of "band" at school, I liked that. Or something like Misty... that kind of music.

Any suggestions? Even cd's to get so I can at least hear them. :)

Samson

Apr 27, 2004
✟15,115.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
P,

I wrote a reply previously but it must have been lost. Anyway I can recomend a few jazz radio stations where you can hear great jazz and obtain a good deal of information from their web sites : WBGo_Org, WGMC.geeceny.org, and KKJZ.org. Invest some time listening and looking over the sites and you will get a good start learning to appreciate this music we call jazz.

Enjoy

Upvote 0

Samson

Apr 27, 2004
✟15,115.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
P,

You are right; the stations I listed play mostly jazz from the 50's to the present. I misunderstood. Try wmkvfm.org; music is from the big band era and it is very good. Also I think you would enjoy riverwalk.org. This is a program featuring The Jim Cullum jazz band. They bring in guest that are big names in jazz, or feature the music of a jazz great who has passed. Very educational as well as entertaining. :cool:

Upvote 0