Light-hearted: Most annoying Christmas/holiday song?

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My nomination isn't what some might think. Baby It's Cold Outside? All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth? I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus? Santa Baby? Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer?

None of those.

Which one, then, do I find most annoying?

Well, you'll be able to guess after I tell you how I would be tempted to reply if I were Mary.

"The archangel Gabriel explained to me what I was getting into, and I gave my full informed consent. Then I went to visit my relative Elizabeth, and she gave me more details. I even wrote a song about it myself, while I was still pregnant. After I gave birth, I kept and pondered in my heart everything the wise men said to me. At the temple, Simeon and Anna both separately discussed things with me too. In summary, the answer is yes. I knew. Now will you please stop asking me?"

Which, I suppose, is why she is Mary, and I am not. :D

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I neglected to mention that I'd like to invite everybody else to state what songs they find most annoying. My husband's choice is Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I neglected to mention that I'd like to invite everybody else to state what songs they find most annoying. My husband's choice is Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree.
Jingle Bell Rock. Way overplayed. I hate it.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My nomination isn't what some might think. Baby It's Cold Outside? All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth? I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus? Santa Baby? Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer?

None of those.

Well, you'll be able to guess after I tell you how I would be tempted to reply if I were Mary.

"The archangel Gabriel explained to me what I was getting into, and I gave my full informed consent. Then I went to visit my relative Elizabeth, and she gave me more details. I even wrote a song about it myself, while I was still pregnant. After I gave birth, I kept and pondered in my heart everything the wise men said to me. At the temple, Simeon and Anna both separately discussed things with me too. In summary, the answer is yes. I knew. Now will you please stop asking me?"

You are so right about that song. It is definitely the worst Christmas song ever.
Lol ... I can't stand it. It's so stupid. (OF COURSE she knew!!!!)

:doh:

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
By the way, all of the songs I mentioned in my OP certainly *are* annoying to me. Especially the one about "all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." I come from a family that loves to tease. The more it irritates you, the funnier they think it is, and the more they step it up. So, the year I was seven years old and my top front teeth were missing, you'd better believe my mother sang that song to death at every opportunity.

My husband's least favorite, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," is only mildly annoying to me, mainly because the phrase "in the new old-fashioned way" makes no sense. Doesn't compute. Contradiction in terms.

Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟84,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My son used to sing along to commercials
"It's the Most Overplayed Song of the Year....."
Now they have encroached that tune into saying that every season is the "most wonderful time of the year" including allergy season if you follow the commercials

I will turn "Little Drummer Boy" off in an instant

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

None of those.

How do you choose? Anything with snow in it. It's summer here. One year it was 42 C on Christmas day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟449,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feliz Navidad. it's too repetitive.
I hated that song until one day I realized it sounds like "Fleas on the dog" and it actually makes me laugh when I hear it now.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My son used to sing along to commercials
"It's the Most Overplayed Song of the Year....."
Now they have encroached that tune into saying that every season is the "most wonderful time of the year" including allergy season if you follow the commercials
That was only funny when it was a dad gleefully buying back to school supplies while his kids glowered at him >here<.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
How do you choose? Anything with snow in it. It's summer here. One year it was 42 C on Christmas day.
In my mind I cannot easily disassociate snow and cold from Christmas. That is from having lived most of my life at 45 degrees North. And most winters getting to at least -30 degrees. Not much difference when it's that cold between C and F. In fact at -40 they are the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas Is You". I worked in retail for several years and that song just gets to us current and former retail workers.
I also work in retail for years and I absolutely love that song. :D I can understand why people hate it, it gets played too much.

Upvote 0