Lies, misinformation, and downright silliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm afraid it doesn't.

oh really I had a hint your opinion is greater....than any other in here....lol...
some opinions lack credibility when examined.

you can claim that an opinion is biblically based, however, all claims are not equal.

such as, some claim the bible denies that Jesus is God.

some claim that the trinity doesn't exist, and they use scripture to prove it.

some state that you MUST speak in tongues to be Christian.

so on, so forth.

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lies, misinformation, and downright silliness. ....

I do not see the discussion of the thread going towards the theme of the topic....any time soon rather the opposite way.....sad...

Lord have mercy

Philothei
per usual.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

you can claim that an opinion is biblically based, however, all claims are not equal.

so on, so forth.
the creed does that ....not the Bible... it is wide open to interpretation... sorry but in truth and love I disagree ....show me where in the Bible you see the Trinitarian dogma... it was the community of believers that supported it and decided it to be a dogma...based on the Bible ....and...further you can come up with millions of other dogmas, that you individuallycan come to believe and make them bible based..... Sola scriptura opened the door for all kind of interpretation.... period.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Therefore personal attacks are okay?
you said it I said the opposite....please ....

Let us be courteous to each other :)
I just responed to his post he said that "He is afraid that ..." he expressed an opinion he is bound to be critizised....it insinuated he was talking from authority...
God bless,
Philothei

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
you said it I said the opposite....please ....

Let us be courteous to each other :)
I just responed to his post he said that "He is afraid that ..." he expressed an opinion he is bound to be critizised....it insinuated he was talking from authority...
God bless,
Philothei
and I don't mind my opinion being criticized, that is what debate fora are for.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

so on, so forth.
who sets the standards that make some opinions valid and others not valid? For example when the fathers put the bible together they had some critiria that all agreed such as was ...1.validity of scripture etc.... 2. historicity...and so on as measures to compline the Bible... who... in the wide wide world of Sola scriptura will be 'assinged" to do that? the agnostics? the ex atheists...?? people outside the tradtion of Christianity will defenately will not call you up to ask your opinion about what they would believe.....

Think about it....

God bless,
Philothei

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
the creed does that ....not the Bible... it is wide open to interpretation... sorry but in truth and love I disagree
cool, I didn't expect less.
....show me where in the Bible you see the Trinitarian dogma...
dogma? you don't find ANY dogma in the bible. Dogma is apart from scripture, it is definition of teaching FROM scripture. And the trinity is most definitely present.

it was the community of believers that supported it and decided it to be a dogma...based on the Bible ....and...further you can come up with millions of other dogmas, that you individuallycan come to believe and make them bible based..... Sola scriptura opened the door for all kind of interpretation.... period.
sure, you can come up with pretty much anything you want, if you twist it enough. how many are remotely credible?

(note, I am not calling any dogma you might have as IN-credible. Just noting, that most of them can be catagorized quite easily.)

who sets the standards that make some opinions valid and others not valid?
there is no "standard." Some are easy to identify, some not. Some are in question.

For example when the fathers put the bible together they had some critiria that all agreed such as was ...1.validity of scripture etc.... 2. historicity...and so on as measures to compline the Bible... who... in the wide wide world of Sola scriptura will be 'assinged" to do that? the agnostics? the ex atheists...?? people outside the tradtion of Christianity will defenately will not call you up to ask your opinion about what they would believe.....

Think about it....

God bless,
Philothei
sorry, I'm really not sure what you are asking here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.