Oct 5, 2003
TN
Visit site
✟16,306.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
How do you nicely get rid of an old friend who's non-Christian like? This girl is a liar, and I don't want to be her friend anymore, and she's trying to e-mail me, though like an idiot I replied before I really got a chance to think about things. She's also done things in the past that I can't prove, but know she did. Should I stop replying from now on? I hate lying, so if I ever met her in the future I wouldn't know what to say. The odds of seeing her in the future are rare bc I moved out of state, and she doesn't know where in the state I live, though I dunno how hard it would be for her to find out. I just want to know how to handle it..

wgjones3

\0/ Still praising God...
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟9,215.00
Faith
Christian
It depends on how you want to handle it. There's a couple of things you could do.

a) You could block the girl's email address.

b) You could send her an email telling her how you feel, tell her you're sorry but you can't be friends with her right now because you just can't handle it/have that kind of influence in your life right now.

c) You could apply a lot of pressure to her trying to get her to change her ways. If it works, you might be able to salvage the friendship. If it doesn't work, she probably won't talk to you again.

Without knowing the story, I'd hate to say what's the right thing to do, but just remember to handle it in a Christ-like way (in other words, do what's best for her).

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
I have found that I have only one non-chrisian friend. We have been friends for 6 years now. I found that as I started going to church more on a Sunday, and stopped going out with her, until all hours of the morning Friday and Saturday nights, that the friendship started to change anyway. We are still in contact, but we don't speak to each other every week, maybe once a month. I do find it hard to talk about very much, but we are still keeping the contact. I would pray that God will help you in this friendship, and it will just take it's natural course.

Upvote 0

KGirl

Oct 5, 2003
TN
Visit site
✟16,306.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Let me put it this way, she flirted with or hit on about 2 or 3 of my ex's. I have no proof, but I heard that from alot of different people and with the way she acts I don't doubt it.

She also slept with my cousin's fiance and claimed it was rape. She's the kind of girl to sleep around, also it was in our house where we'd hear if she yelled for help or anything, and my mother says she saw them hugging when she went downstairs after this "rape".

All these things are things she's done but I can't proove them. She'll just lie. I know she's a liar bc she said she "dated Justin Timberlake" when she was 11, and he was way older. Now supposedly she does have connections to JC, but even if she'd met him, yea right. And her picture was "showing on stage" at an NSYNC concert.

She didn't even make convincing lies.

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
well, just tell her that you're now a christian and a lot of things she does is in huge contrasts to the teachings of christianity...

and you can also use this opportunity to evangelise to her. It seems like she's the kind who doesn't have a direction in life.

Upvote 0

d0c markus

The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few
Oct 30, 2003
✟3,060.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have slowly cut my ties with some of my non christian friends. Though we hang out every now and then i make the best of my witnessing time. They were becomming a bad influence on me. My advice is dont sever all ties other wise you wont be a lampstand in thier life, just subtley cut them out of your daily life.

Upvote 0