Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen

Joh 5:37
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

Pro 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake moved by the Holy Spirit.

John 5:37, why would He say "seen His form", because they DID see the form of the son. Who was God! So it makes sense. You did not see God except in the form I am. And that would be correct. But your verse does not negate that the old testament prophets did in fact see God's form, just the multitude of new testament individuals present did not see father's form.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
John 5:37, why would He say "seen His form", because they DID see the form of the son. Who was God! So it makes sense. You did not see God except in the form I am. And that would be correct. But your verse does not negate that the old testament prophets did in fact see God's form, just the multitude of new testament individuals present did not see father's form.
Got soap?
Jer 2:22 For though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked before me, saith the Lord GOD.
23 How canst thou say, I am not polluted, I have not gone after Baalim? see thy way in the valley, know what thou hast done: thou art a swift dromedary traversing her ways;

Fuller's earth (soap) resembles clay in texture and form, but is actually a superabsorbent form of aluminum silicate. Mostly composed of silica, magnesium, iron, and aluminum, fuller's earth has been used for centuries to absorb dirt and oil. The name comes from its historic use in refining wool, when a craftsman, called a "fuller," would apply the clay-like substance to wool to remove dirt and oil before the cloth was completed.

History revels that a particular kind of clay was use for cleaning woollen cloth for nearly seven thousand years. The process of cleansing and thickening cloth is known as “Fulling” and a person engaged in its trade and practice is called a “Fuller”. Hence the term derived was “Fuller’s Earth (Soap)”. Prov. 25:20; Jer. 2:22; Mal. 3:2
Fuller's soap (WebBible™ Encyclopedia) - ChristianAnswers.Net

Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Got soap?
Jer 2:22 For though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked before me, saith the Lord GOD.
23 How canst thou say, I am not polluted, I have not gone after Baalim? see thy way in the valley, know what thou hast done: thou art a swift dromedary traversing her ways;

Fuller's earth (soap) resembles clay in texture and form, but is actually a superabsorbent form of aluminum silicate. Mostly composed of silica, magnesium, iron, and aluminum, fuller's earth has been used for centuries to absorb dirt and oil. The name comes from its historic use in refining wool, when a craftsman, called a "fuller," would apply the clay-like substance to wool to remove dirt and oil before the cloth was completed.

History revels that a particular kind of clay was use for cleaning woollen cloth for nearly seven thousand years. The process of cleansing and thickening cloth is known as “Fulling” and a person engaged in its trade and practice is called a “Fuller”. Hence the term derived was “Fuller’s Earth (Soap)”. Prov. 25:20; Jer. 2:22; Mal. 3:2
Fuller's soap (WebBible™ Encyclopedia) - ChristianAnswers.Net

Mal 3:2 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

141:5 Striking the Head
Let a righteous man strike me—it is a kindness; let him rebuke me—it is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it.
Oil was often used for medicine, both for humans and animals. It was poured on the heads of sheep to kill mites and other parasites, and to protect their thinly-haired heads from the hot sun. Applied to the skin, olive oil had a softening and soothing effect, and could be used for cleansing; it is often used as an ingredient in soap today.
Another ancient Eastern custom was to chastise children, servants, and slaves by striking them on the crown of the head. Some would even beat their slaves on the head with their knuckles. It is said that the ancient Hindus had a figure of speech similar to that used in our text-verse: “Let a holy man smite my head! and what of that? it is an excellent oil.” or “My master has been beating my head, but it has been good oil for me.” David uses such a figure of speech to denote that he welcomes reproof from the godly lest he be tempted to compromise with evil.

Freeman, James M. ; Chadwick, Harold J.: Manners & Customs of the Bible. Rev. ed.]. North Brunswick, NJ : Bridge-Logos Publishers, 1998, S. 326

see I can do it too, but it has nothing to do with the topic, or Hell.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.