2WhomShallWeGo

May 13, 2010
been in the USA and Canada
✟1,635.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God can use tragedies to bring us closer to Him and suffering is something that we often can profit by more than anything else. They are good reminders that even though we don't have any control over events God uses all good things to the good of those who love Him.

God uses many natural means to effect His will and grace. WE have an opportunity to reach out through prayer to these people who may be suffering or may have their faith shaken. Let 's not let this opportunity for grace and love Go to waste. No doubt Satan and his angels would turn everything they could toward our undoing. But in Christ every suffering can be an opportunity for unity with Christ and His saints.:prayer:

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
lets pray for gifford and that she recovers and reflects on her '100% prochoice' stance

that she comes to realize through this experience the meaning of life not only for herself- but the value of life for everyone

and maybe too she will change her pro-gun stance and decide to reconsider doing photo shoots of herself and her marine husband firing automatic rifles

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
and maybe too she will change her pro-gun stance and decide to reconsider doing photo shoots of herself and her marine husband firing automatic rifles

Don't know about that--maybe if there were some sane people present that were "carrying", there wouldn't be so many dead or injured. Remember, it's not the photo shoots that kill people, it's the pyschotic people!

Since this is a prayer thread, besides praying for those affected by the tragedy, we might hope that the dangerously mentally ill will not be turned loose on our streets to reak havoc. Maybe we ought to hope that people stop with the "I don't want to get involved".

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
the fact of the matter is this,

i know a handful of people- at work, neighbors, in my parish, and on the fringes of my social group, even a distant family member here or there

if you think about it you probably do too

now what right do you or i actually have to call the police ?- how many ex-mother in laws or divorced people fighting in custody battles do you think will level charges against one another if it were that easy

the fact of the matter is the police can do nothing basically until someone actually commits a crime,,, and social services have to follow long and lengthy legal guidelines and procedures in order to lock someone up and just how long do you think someone will get locked up who in all probability is harmless on the grounds that someday they might snap

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
now what right do you or i actually have to call the police ?- how many ex-mother in laws or divorced people fighting in custody battles do you think will level charges against one another if it were that easy

the fact of the matter is the police can do nothing basically until someone actually commits a crime,,, and social services have to follow long and lengthy legal guidelines and procedures in order to lock someone up and just how long do you think someone will get locked up who in all probability is harmless on the grounds that someday they might snap

That has nothing at all to do with it. The facts show that the guy was dangerous--even some of his teachers told the school that they refused to teach if he is in the class unless there is an armed guard present. The school simply told the guy that he was expelled from the school until he got mental help even though Arizona had a law on the books indicating that in such cases, the dangerous person needed to be reported and held for a pychiatric evaluation. He wasn't. Why? Because he wasn't on a list that forbids dangerous people from purchasing guns, he was able to. Why? And why was he able to purchase ammunition when even one clerk refused because the guy was obviously "unhinged"? People died needlessly because of it. Why? It was preventable since there were clear signs that the guy was a paranoid pyscopath. Many people didn't do their jobs.

Upvote 0