~ * Ainuhina * ~
May 16, 2006
in Cyberspace looking for CFpets
✟21,743.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm a little worried we may be moving toward being even less chatty than we were a few months ago. The more organized we are, the less we need to communicate.

Now, we can't see the pet rescue forum from our regular accounts, and it's not as easy to just drop in and see what's up and if there are new threads.

I'm ravenscape, and I joined CF almost 2 years ago (December 19, 2004 -- I'm coming up on my second anniversary :D -- I never dreamed I'd find so much to enjoy at CF when I first joined).

I mostly hang out in the armory forums these days, though I still visit the discussion and debate area where I first began posting. I try to keep an eye out for new members, especially non-Christian members and help them feel welcome. A lot of non-Christians don't even drop by the say hello/introductions forum when they join -- they head straight to the debate areas. So, some kind of fall through the cracks sometimes, and don't feel an immediate connection to the community. They may not even know who to ask about some of the CF features they see in the posts.

I was lucky not to fall through the cracks due to some very sweet CFers who made me feel quite welcome. So, I try and pay it forward.

I joined the armory design team at the start of the huge redesign of Summer 2005, when we introduced the characters, and I've been pixilating ever since. I've met so many CFers as a result of being on the armory design team, people I might not have gotten to know otherwise.

I think that's one of the potential benefits of joining the CF Pet Rescuers. We get a chance to interact with people who may hang out in parts of CF that we don't often visit. It's a good job for people who are relatively new to CF, but who've been around long enough to figure out the ropes.

I know what you mean...I would never have gotten to know some mebers if it hadn't been for petRESCUE...or in my case also the German speaking section :)

you're really doing a great job at the armoury :thumbsup: I never could do that kind of graphics :D

Upvote 0

cffosterAngel6

~ Remember to feed your pet~
Jul 23, 2006
Alabama the Beautiful
✟8,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Raven, sorry I didn't see your message yesterday. I agree with
ainuhina the armory is what captured my heart. I thought all those character were the neatest things I had ever seen. Just couldn't wait to get me one of them. I know many people by their character and now so many have started changing pretty often and It is like I am meeting new people again. You are using the talents you have been gifted with very well. It will be lots of fun when we get the graphic for the pets going. Ainuhina had mentioned she would like to work with that also and I know she will be geat. She has a precious home page so I know she has an eye for such things.

I have several pets I wanted to check on so I better get busy as I have to fix the links. Maybe I will see you tomorrow.

Upvote 0

LadyIcthus

Senior Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
Kent, UK
✟12,970.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
:clap: Hi :wave:
Thought I'd introduce myself a little :blush: I'm registered disabled and am currently housebound so CF is a ral lifeline for me for the chance to meet people and to fellowship with other Christians. I think I'm just about to come upto my one year anniversary of joining the site (have to go check :)) and have had a blast so far. Originally I was never gonna be a SS but then I found the armoury :doh: and I knew I was going to need more blessings to support my new hobby :)

I wasn't well a few months back and wasn't able to come onto CF as often as I'd liked to have. But now I'm a little better and am trying to get on at least once a day. This is where helping the pets I thought would also help me, it'll give me a chance to meet new people I wouldn't normally chat to, give me a reason to get up so I could go online and also importantly help the pets :clap:
Other facts about me: I have a brother who is now married to an American woman and living in the US, I have a RL border Collie called Buddy and my favourite subject at school was History.

Looking forward to chatting to you all
Godbless :hug:

p.s. I'm addicted to the smilies :blush:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CFpetRESCUER4

Dec 7, 2005
✟16,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all I'm am Cfpetrescuer4 also known as Bluedragonfly73/blue. I have been a rescuer since Dec. 2004.. I am amazed of how fast time has flown since I've started... Its wonderful to be among you fellow rescuers. I just wanted to stop by and say HI to all the newly petrescuers and the vetren rescuers

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

CFpetRESCUER9

wow i just saw this thread, hi everyone:wave: :wave:
nice to read about everyone looks like i am gonna have kinda a boring life here..... i just started a new job after not working for 11 yrs, i was a sahm to 5 girls 2 sets of twins ages 10, and 8 and my little one is 4. my job is a sp( standized patient) you literally help dr's become dr's by being there make believe patients..... you have to grade them its actually a very rewarding job, and i work school hrs for the most part and have summers off, which is ideal.
i joined cf i believe 2 yrs ago, and just became a rescuer about a mth ago, and now take care of the abandoned section. well thats it for now i could go on, but i will stop.....:wave: nice to meet you all.

Upvote 0

cffosterAngel6

~ Remember to feed your pet~
Jul 23, 2006
Alabama the Beautiful
✟8,587.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you cfpr22, we had a great Christmas. Ready to move on to New Years. New Years is special at our house. Hubby and got married on the 31 Dec. so we always celebrate New Years as our day and I cook all the good sould food, and he watches all the Fball games. Let start us a list of what we have on NYDay for dinner. We always have the blackeye peas, slaw, Turnips greens or collards, ususally have some kind of pork, ham or pork chops, sweet potatoes, corn bread and lettuce and tomatoe salad and fruit salad. That is what our New Years always start with. We usuall start eating early cause we skip breakfast and everyone gets their favorite place in front of the tv and then half of them fall asleep and some of them stay awake and watch those football games. This is the most tradional thing we do at my house. I think this will be our 44th aniversary and everyone has been spent this way. The crowds started out with just hubby and me and 5 years latter we had our daughter and then our son and now we have son and daughter in law and 3 beautiful grandskids so we are still doing the same thing we started 44 years ago and enjoying and praising God for it all. Let us hear about your tradition.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.