United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 149:1 NASB

Praise the Lord!
Sing to the Lord a new song,
And His praise in the congregation of the godly ones.

Old Song/New Song

So, nearly every morning, when I wake up, the Lord Jesus has a song in my head, whether it be an old hymn, or a contemporary Christian song that is played on the radio, or whether it is one of the songs he has given me to write. And, whatever the song is, in most all cases, I know that this song is to go with my devotion for the day.

I do not choose the songs myself. I also do not choose the scriptures myself, but for the past several months, at least, the Lord has been having me follow the daily readings on biblegateway.com, only he usually expands them beyond just the one verse. Before that, I read book by book and chapter by chapter in the books of Prophecy in the OT, and in the NT books.

Well, sometimes the Lord will repeat a song for several days, and today was one of those days. Again the song was “Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken.” This is the third day for this song. So, sometimes, in my flesh, I question whether or not that is to be the song again. But, I yield to the Lord. I know he has his reasons for repeating things over and over again.

Then I read the passage of scripture about singing to the Lord “a new song.” So, then I wondered if he was going to give me a new song, and not the same old song again.

And, then I recalled a dream in the night which showed a bathroom door opening up to a table used for recording new songs. I took this as an encouragement that the Lord may be having me writing songs again, but I recognized that there was more to it than that.

A bathroom, to me, always represents a place of spiritual cleansing where we get rid of the dirt and the refuse of our lives, and where we are washed in the pure water of the Spirit of God in salvation from sin. The door to this bathroom is Jesus Christ. He is the only way to our salvation from sin. So, this door, Jesus, who is the door to our salvation, is also the door to this new song. The Lord was making that connection for me via this dream.

But, then I came to the realization that the “new song” is really the old song of the cross, i.e. it is “Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken.” It is the song of the message of the cross of Christ Jesus, of death to sin, and of living to God. It is a song about getting rid of the dirt and the refuse of our old lives and of being purified by Christ’s righteousness so that we now walk according to the Spirit, and no longer according to the flesh. Thank You, Jesus! Amen!

Psalm 149:4 NASB

For the Lord takes pleasure in His people;
He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation.

He Will Beautify

So, for the past year, my husband and I have been living in a one-bedroom apartment, because it was all that we could afford. We live on Social Security, so we do not have a huge income, but it is adequate to meet all of our needs and to even help meet others’ needs, too, from time to time.

But, we were paying taxes on our SS income, not knowing that we didn’t have to last year. So, when we realized that we do not owe taxes on our SS income, that gave us enough of a boost to our income to where we can now afford a two-bedroom apartment, so that I can have a room where I can write, read, respond to others, pray, study, and even write songs again.

Thus, my husband and I are now in the process of getting ready to move into this new apartment, and I am in the process of planning out my new room the Lord is blessing me with, where I can have a small desk and chair to sit at to write, and I can have my keyboard (piano) next to me and across the room from me I can have a work table where I can record songs.

For me, this is the Lord taking pleasure in me that he would bless me with this additional space for my studio/study. For, I had prayed and asked him to supply this according to his will and purposes. And, although the “salvation” being supplied here is not that of salvation from sin, the Lord does provide salvation (deliverance) from many obstacles in our walks of faith in him, too, and having no private space to work was an obstacle.

And yet, this is about his salvation from sin, too, for the work he has given me to do is to share the message of the cross of Christ, whether it be through devotions or through songs or poetry or via responding to other people’s posts or in person with people, too. And, this extra room will help facilitate that ministry God has given me to preach his gospel message of salvation from sin and of our walks of faith in his righteousness.

Psalm 149:5-6 NASB

Let the godly ones exult in glory;
Let them sing for joy on their beds.
Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
And a two-edged sword in their hand.

Exult in Glory

The Lord is encouraging me here that this is a picture of what it will look like in this new space he is providing me, not that this present ministry is not already a picture of that, but that it will be even more so when I have a room given over specifically to that purpose alone.

He has encouraged me in so many ways that He is in this move, and that He has a purpose for it, and it will definitely be for his glory and for his purposes.

He has also given me many physical reminders of his grace for this room, such as pictures, scripture, and words intended to keep my focus on Him and on His calling on my life, and on what is hopeful, too.

He even led me, I believe, to purchase a shower curtain for the bathroom that has scriptures all over it, and towels and accessories which say “Praise,” “Joy,” “Believe,” “Faith,” “Hope,” and “Love.” And, maybe five years or so ago, he had me hire a friend to make me a scripture quilt with my favorite scriptures on it, and now I will have a space where I can display it so that I can read those scriptures and be reminded of all God’s promises to me.

These will serve as continual reminders to give praise to God, to thank him always, even in the hard times, to “walk by faith and not by sight,” and to always hold on to hope, even when I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.

But, this is not just about giving God praise, and it is not just about being reminded of his blessings, his provisions, and his love, grace and mercy to me, in saving me from my sins.

But, this is also a reminder to keep on with the two-edged sword in my hand, which is the Word of God and the gospel of our salvation. I need to keep presenting the truths of His Word and of His gospel, especially in a time in our world and within the church when so many are diluting the gospel to make it acceptable to human flesh.

And, the truth is that Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. This is the essence of the gospel message of our salvation. And, one I must continue to share until the day in which my Lord takes me home to be with him for eternity, even if it costs me my life or being persecuted for righteousness’ sake.

Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken

Hymn lyrics by Henry F. Lyte, 1833
Music attr. to Mozart, 1831/ Arr. Hubert P. Main, 1872

Jesus, I my cross have taken, all to leave and follow Thee;
Destitute, despised, forsaken, Thou from hence my all shall be.
Perish every fond ambition, all I’ve sought or hoped or known;
Yet how rich is my condition! God and heav’n are still mine own.

Let the world despise and leave me, they have left my Savior, too;
Human hearts and looks deceive me; Thou art not, like them, untrue.
And while Thou shalt smile upon me, God of wisdom, love and might,
Foes may hate and friends disown me, show Thy face and all is bright.

Go, then, earthly fame and treasure! Come, disaster, scorn and pain!
In Thy service pain is pleasure; with Thy favor, loss is gain.
I have called Thee, “Abba, Father”; I have set my heart on Thee:
Storms may howl, and clouds may gather, all must work for good to me.

Man may trouble and distress me, ’twill but drive me to Thy breast;
Life with trials hard may press me; heav’n will bring me sweeter rest.
Oh, ’tis not in grief to harm me, while Thy love is left to me;
Oh, ’twere not in joy to charm me, were that joy unmixed with Thee.

Haste then on from grace to glory, armed by faith, and winged by prayer,
Heav’n’s eternal day’s before thee, God’s own hand shall guide thee there.
Soon shall close thy earthly mission, swift shall pass thy pilgrim days;
Hope soon change to glad fruition, faith to sight, and prayer to praise.

*Copyright status is Public Domain

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 – Thank You, Jesus, for this encouragement from Your Word to walk in the way of the cross of Christ. Amen!

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 149:1 NASB

Praise the Lord!
Sing to the Lord a new song,
And His praise in the congregation of the godly ones.

Old Song/New Song

So, nearly every morning, when I wake up, the Lord Jesus has a song in my head, whether it be an old hymn, or a contemporary Christian song that is played on the radio, or whether it is one of the songs he has given me to write. And, whatever the song is, in most all cases, I know that this song is to go with my devotion for the day.

I do not choose the songs myself. I also do not choose the scriptures myself, but for the past several months, at least, the Lord has been having me follow the daily readings on biblegateway.com, only he usually expands them beyond just the one verse. Before that, I read book by book and chapter by chapter in the books of Prophecy in the OT, and in the NT books.

Well, sometimes the Lord will repeat a song for several days, and today was one of those days. Again the song was “Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken.” This is the third day for this song. So, sometimes, in my flesh, I question whether or not that is to be the song again. But, I yield to the Lord. I know he has his reasons for repeating things over and over again.

Then I read the passage of scripture about singing to the Lord “a new song.” So, then I wondered if he was going to give me a new song, and not the same old song again.

And, then I recalled a dream in the night which showed a bathroom door opening up to a table used for recording new songs. I took this as an encouragement that the Lord may be having me writing songs again, but I recognized that there was more to it than that.

A bathroom, to me, always represents a place of spiritual cleansing where we get rid of the dirt and the refuse of our lives, and where we are washed in the pure water of the Spirit of God in salvation from sin. The door to this bathroom is Jesus Christ. He is the only way to our salvation from sin. So, this door, Jesus, who is the door to our salvation, is also the door to this new song. The Lord was making that connection for me via this dream.

But, then I came to the realization that the “new song” is really the old song of the cross, i.e. it is “Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken.” It is the song of the message of the cross of Christ Jesus, of death to sin, and of living to God. It is a song about getting rid of the dirt and the refuse of our old lives and of being purified by Christ’s righteousness so that we now walk according to the Spirit, and no longer according to the flesh. Thank You, Jesus! Amen!

Psalm 149:4 NASB

For the Lord takes pleasure in His people;
He will beautify the afflicted ones with salvation.

He Will Beautify

So, for the past year, my husband and I have been living in a one-bedroom apartment, because it was all that we could afford. We live on Social Security, so we do not have a huge income, but it is adequate to meet all of our needs and to even help meet others’ needs, too, from time to time.

But, we were paying taxes on our SS income, not knowing that we didn’t have to last year. So, when we realized that we do not owe taxes on our SS income, that gave us enough of a boost to our income to where we can now afford a two-bedroom apartment, so that I can have a room where I can write, read, respond to others, pray, study, and even write songs again.

Thus, my husband and I are now in the process of getting ready to move into this new apartment, and I am in the process of planning out my new room the Lord is blessing me with, where I can have a small desk and chair to sit at to write, and I can have my keyboard (piano) next to me and across the room from me I can have a work table where I can record songs.

For me, this is the Lord taking pleasure in me that he would bless me with this additional space for my studio/study. For, I had prayed and asked him to supply this according to his will and purposes. And, although the “salvation” being supplied here is not that of salvation from sin, the Lord does provide salvation (deliverance) from many obstacles in our walks of faith in him, too, and having no private space to work was an obstacle.

And yet, this is about his salvation from sin, too, for the work he has given me to do is to share the message of the cross of Christ, whether it be through devotions or through songs or poetry or via responding to other people’s posts or in person with people, too. And, this extra room will help facilitate that ministry God has given me to preach his gospel message of salvation from sin and of our walks of faith in his righteousness.

Psalm 149:5-6 NASB

Let the godly ones exult in glory;
Let them sing for joy on their beds.
Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
And a two-edged sword in their hand.

Exult in Glory

The Lord is encouraging me here that this is a picture of what it will look like in this new space he is providing me, not that this present ministry is not already a picture of that, but that it will be even more so when I have a room given over specifically to that purpose alone.

He has encouraged me in so many ways that He is in this move, and that He has a purpose for it, and it will definitely be for his glory and for his purposes.

He has also given me many physical reminders of his grace for this room, such as pictures, scripture, and words intended to keep my focus on Him and on His calling on my life, and on what is hopeful, too.

He even led me, I believe, to purchase a shower curtain for the bathroom that has scriptures all over it, and towels and accessories which say “Praise,” “Joy,” “Believe,” “Faith,” “Hope,” and “Love.” And, maybe five years or so ago, he had me hire a friend to make me a scripture quilt with my favorite scriptures on it, and now I will have a space where I can display it so that I can read those scriptures and be reminded of all God’s promises to me.

These will serve as continual reminders to give praise to God, to thank him always, even in the hard times, to “walk by faith and not by sight,” and to always hold on to hope, even when I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.

But, this is not just about giving God praise, and it is not just about being reminded of his blessings, his provisions, and his love, grace and mercy to me, in saving me from my sins.

But, this is also a reminder to keep on with the two-edged sword in my hand, which is the Word of God and the gospel of our salvation. I need to keep presenting the truths of His Word and of His gospel, especially in a time in our world and within the church when so many are diluting the gospel to make it acceptable to human flesh.

And, the truth is that Jesus died that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. This is the essence of the gospel message of our salvation. And, one I must continue to share until the day in which my Lord takes me home to be with him for eternity, even if it costs me my life or being persecuted for righteousness’ sake.

Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken

Hymn lyrics by Henry F. Lyte, 1833
Music attr. to Mozart, 1831/ Arr. Hubert P. Main, 1872

Jesus, I my cross have taken, all to leave and follow Thee;
Destitute, despised, forsaken, Thou from hence my all shall be.
Perish every fond ambition, all I’ve sought or hoped or known;
Yet how rich is my condition! God and heav’n are still mine own.

Let the world despise and leave me, they have left my Savior, too;
Human hearts and looks deceive me; Thou art not, like them, untrue.
And while Thou shalt smile upon me, God of wisdom, love and might,
Foes may hate and friends disown me, show Thy face and all is bright.

Go, then, earthly fame and treasure! Come, disaster, scorn and pain!
In Thy service pain is pleasure; with Thy favor, loss is gain.
I have called Thee, “Abba, Father”; I have set my heart on Thee:
Storms may howl, and clouds may gather, all must work for good to me.

Man may trouble and distress me, ’twill but drive me to Thy breast;
Life with trials hard may press me; heav’n will bring me sweeter rest.
Oh, ’tis not in grief to harm me, while Thy love is left to me;
Oh, ’twere not in joy to charm me, were that joy unmixed with Thee.

Haste then on from grace to glory, armed by faith, and winged by prayer,
Heav’n’s eternal day’s before thee, God’s own hand shall guide thee there.
Soon shall close thy earthly mission, swift shall pass thy pilgrim days;
Hope soon change to glad fruition, faith to sight, and prayer to praise.

*Copyright status is Public Domain

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 – Thank You, Jesus, for this encouragement from Your Word to walk in the way of the cross of Christ. Amen!
Just as you are stuck on a song....I guess the Holy Spirit has me stuck on this topic...this is the 3rd or 4th conversation about singing to the Lord that I have had in the past 24 hours.....I remember in my hometown church singing the song Dance Like David Danced...

I think dancing and singing before the Lord is a slap in the enemies face as we celebrate and rejoice before Our God! Oh and sometimes the Holy Spirit would fill the room and we would just break out dancing and singing and it was always fun when that happened.....it just gets in you and you can't help it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just as you are stuck on a song....I guess the Holy Spirit has me stuck on this topic...this is the 3rd or 4th conversation about singing to the Lord that I have had in the past 24 hours.....I remember in my hometown church singing the song Dance Like David Danced...

I think dancing and singing before the Lord is a slap in the enemies face as we celebrate and rejoice before Our God! Oh and sometimes the Holy Spirit would fill the room and we would just break out dancing and singing and it was always fun when that happened.....it just gets in you and you can't help it!
Thank you for responding and sharing what was on your heart to share on this subject. I tend to be more reserved in my worship of the Lord and I don't dance physically, but in my heart I do. God made us all different.

Upvote 0

Glorygirl16

Jul 30, 2018
Witbank
✟16,867.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Amen! When I was praying a little while ago and I was focusing on just yielding to the Holy Spirit in our every day lives, and what I saw in my heart is that every day can be a day of dancing with the Holy Spirit as our lead dancing partner. In my spirit I saw Him leading me over and around obstacles as I walk through each day, and leading me in the way that I should go and while dancing my focus is on Him, as I yield to where He is leading. Every now and then He leans forward and whispers beautiful words in my ear that come straight from the Father. There are many times when I cannot see where we are going, but my trust is so in Him, that I know that I won't bump into anyone, I won't trip over any obstacles, and I will just have an amazing time as I yield to and dance with my leading dance partner.

So each and every day we can be dancing with the Lord as we yield to Him and surrender all.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen! When I was praying a little while ago and I was focusing on just yielding to the Holy Spirit in our every day lives, and what I saw in my heart is that every day can be a day of dancing with the Holy Spirit as our lead dancing partner. In my spirit I saw Him leading me over and around obstacles as I walk through each day, and leading me in the way that I should go and while dancing my focus is on Him, as I yield to where He is leading. Every now and then He leans forward and whispers beautiful words in my ear that come straight from the Father. There are many times when I cannot see where we are going, but my trust is so in Him, that I know that I won't bump into anyone, I won't trip over any obstacles, and I will just have an amazing time as I yield to and dance with my leading dance partner.

So each and every day we can be dancing with the Lord as we yield to Him and surrender all.

Amen! Thank you for sharing that.

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0