MuidSaoirse

Sep 11, 2008
Australia
✟15,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well all the answers given were on the mark. BUT my question to you who placed the question WHY DID YOU?
Why should someone's sexuality or orientation or practice determine their eligibility to attend a Bible study class... To me that is just laughable and sad.
She has been upfront more than many hetero's would about where she is at... She is under no obligation to even have to disclose what she has.
Jesus said Come unto to me all who are weary and heavy laden. NO MENTION OF SUITABILITY OR HAVING TO MEET A STANDARD.
how on earth do you think non believers view this... i know how i as a christian view this. Cringe material....

Upvote 0

Ghettoflame

Salluz
Jul 19, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well all the answers given were on the mark. BUT my question to you who placed the question WHY DID YOU?
Why should someone's sexuality or orientation or practice determine their eligibility to attend a Bible study class... To me that is just laughable and sad.
She has been upfront more than many hetero's would about where she is at... She is under no obligation to even have to disclose what she has.
Jesus said Come unto to me all who are weary and heavy laden. NO MENTION OF SUITABILITY OR HAVING TO MEET A STANDARD.
how on earth do you think non believers view this... i know how i as a christian view this. Cringe material....
I see what's going on here. The thread starter doesn't want to reject the woman for living a former lesbian lifestyle, but at the same time, it is important to know who you're dealing with. If the person is turning away from the lifestyle, cool; if they persist and insist that you support it because they figure that it must be right for them to be that way, no.

I understand the woman who was brought up because I turned away from the same thing (except I am a man who struggled with lust of both men and woman). The world keeps saying "it's genetic! It's who you are! You are an inborn bi/homo/whatever-sexual". Personally, I knew that there were elements in my life that caused my to become physio/psychologically messed-up, specifically my sexuality, so it didn't matter what Oprah or Rosie said.

I don't if it was a likely cause, but I was molested as a kid; also "raped" because I was forced to have sexual relations with other males and possibly females at the age of 4, approximately. I didn't exactly understand at that age, so it took me years to spill the beans.

It all started when I was a kid, trying to act like a girl for no good reason. I associated girl's responses to sexual activity as the greatest freedom and feeling, so I tried to mimic female behavior. I associated women's beauty as the only beauty, so I tried to be beautiful like how women would be, specifically with the attempt to be as close to being a woman as possible. I even fantasized that I was a woman, associating being a woman with less responsibility, receiving more sympathy and more free to express oneself.

Basically, I was becoming lustful, perverted and foolish.

This affected my mind so badly that I pretty much "became" a closeted bisexual, and at times, plain homosexual. I also was a closeted transexual, which how it all started: being a woman, a sexual recipient in my mind, which was the Devil's playground. I have tried explaining this to atheist friends... only one listened. I learned to never talk to non-believers who aren't open to faith.

People have to grow out of all sexual perversions because it's a stronghold of the mind. The best thing for anyone struggling with these things is this: recognize the source and stray any and all behavior, activities and influences that support unnatural desires.

Upvote 0

DISCIPLE61

Jan 5, 2009
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
" However, I do have concerns about her choice of roommates. Living with a former lover is like playing with fire. Especially with the roommate not being as committed to ceasing from sin. "

I agree 100%.

In my church, we had a very devout female servant of the Lord who had a past riddled with drug abuse and homosexual encounters. She married a man when she came to the Lord.

However, not all do this, and some retain the remnant of their sin, unwilling to give it up. These need to be sounded-out - especially before they are admitted to teaching positions in a church.

I guess my slant is to be careful of whom you embrace in your church until they show all the signs of true repentence.

D

I would say, "Welcome."

As described (which I understand is of a Christian woman that fell away for a period of time), the woman acknowledges sin in her life and has turned from it (repented). Assuming this includes asking God's forgiveness, then she has done what is necessary to put sin behind her. I wouldn't have a problem accepting her. In principle, this is true for everyone. Whether someone initially coming to Christ, or an unfaithful Christian, we all are guilty of sin and need to put it behind us and live faithfully in God's service.

However, I do have concerns about her choice of roommates. Living with a former lover is like playing with fire. Especially with the roommate not being as committed to ceasing from sin. I definitely think 1 Corinthians 15:33 would need to be considered.

As for this lady going to the church of Christ, I don't believe there's a better place for her to be to serve God faithfully ... which ought to be the common goal for all of us! :bow:

Upvote 0
P

pauljrose

I think we, as Christians, have been dealing with the gay and lesbian issue the wrong way. Instead of showing them love we show them hate. You could do what the majority of Christians do and reject her because she is living with such a woman and that she will burn in hell OR you could welcome her with open arms and show her a better way in the love of Christ. Who knows maybe the other woman will join your group and maybe she will change her lesbian ways also.

Upvote 0

Coastie01

Jan 5, 2009
✟15,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"
I guess my slant is to be careful of whom you embrace in your church until they show all the signs of true repentence.
D

God must change our hearts before he changes our shirts and how is that going to happen if we dont embrace anyone who come to our churches???

Sorry for the shameless Casting Crowns line....:p

Upvote 0
S

SpiritDriven

Lesbian joins the group.

We have a mixed (men and women) Bible study groups meeting in homes weekly. An MD in the group would like to invite a woman that recently placed membership, but she wanted us to know that she is a “former” Lesbian that has lived for 20 years with the same women. She feels it is a sin to have sex with another woman. She has abstained from having sex for the last 6 years but is still living with her best friend, who loves her but is not as strongly committed to the celibacy.
What do you think should be said to the woman that wants to join if you were in the group?
Is anything needed for her to join?
Should she still be going to the CofC?

Her sexuality is not a topic of discussion....or issue with you.

Christians do not Judge others because we know that if we do judge, we will be Judged, and be found wanting.

Peace

Upvote 0

- DRA -

Jan 21, 2004
Texas
✟4,218.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... Christians do not Judge others because we know that if we do judge, we will be Judged, and be found wanting.

Peace

All will stand before the Lord in judgment per 2 Corinthians 5:10 to be judged by His standard of truth and righteousness. The problem with judging as discussed in Matthew 7:1-2 is the establishment of a higher standard than the Lord set, because the higher standard will be used to judge the one who has appointed himself as The Judge.

As for those who engage in sin and refuse to repent, we aren't judging them by NOT accepting their on-going sinful practices or lifestyles. God has declared His judgment in passages such as Matthew 15:19-20, Romans 1:18-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:19-21, and 1 Timothy 1:9-10. Therefore, it is up to God's people to respect His judgment and help others overcome sin in their lives - not give in to it by continuing to practice it. Agreed?

Upvote 0