Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some do, it is not as wide spread a practice as it is with Catholics, but I would say it is very common. I always do, but I also come by way of the Catholic Church. Most churches do some sort of Lenten services weekly, but not all do this any longer. There are rare Lutheran churches that do Stations of the Cross and fish fry like the RCC.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can Lutherans eat meat on Fridays?
If it has as special significance and is spiritually beneficial for you to fast then - yes it is recommended. But there are not any church mandated restrictions that I am aware of.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some do, it is not as wide spread a practice as it is with Catholics, but I would say it is very common. I always do, but I also come by way of the Catholic Church. Most churches do some sort of Lenten services weekly, but not all do this any longer. There are rare Lutheran churches that do Stations of the Cross and fish fry like the RCC.

My church has a dinner, then worship on Wednesday evenings on Ash Wednesdays and during Lent. I’m looking forward to it.

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

TKA_TN

May 23, 2018
Tennessee
✟66,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We can eat meat on Fridays.

I usually try to give something up, I am this year. It's always nice when you remember during this season that when you crave something, instead of giving into the craving (flesh), we fix our eyes on Christ and ask Him to fill that for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums