Legalization of kannabis

maronthor

Oct 27, 2012
✟7,611.00
Faith
Atheist
Greetings.

I am writing an essay for school on the topic "Should marijuana be legalized in the US, and what effect would the legalization have on it's people."

It's not a question about what would happen to the weed or the people who use it per say, I'm thinking about the larger picture... would the economy benefit? Would the use of marijuana increase or decrease? Would there be lesser of "harder" drugs like heroin and cocaine now that weed is legal? Should it be sold by the government or by independant sellers?

So my question to you is, should marijuana be legal in the US, and if so, what effect would you personally think it would have on the people as a whole?

There are no rights or wrongs, just opinions and I would very much appreciate it if someone could find it in himself to answer these questions for me.

I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong section or done anything wrong in the forum.

Thanks in advance.

rocklife

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
✟18,086.00
Faith
Christian
I don't know, but I think your teacher's opinion of you will go down by writing an essay about something you are probably in favor of. Usually people talking about legalizing marijuana are smoking it already, so you are just giving a huge hint that you are into illegal activities.

If you aren't doing it, that makes it worse, because it looks like you probably do it just by bringing it up.

Smoking is for losers whether it's legal or not. It's unhealthy either way. People like Willie Nelson and etc who do it, often have some large health issue that has come up at some point, and smoking contributes. To some people, the heart attack kills them in their 40s and 50s that a healthier lifestyle would have avoided.

Eat plants (fruits and vegetables) don't smoke them, for a chance at a long life.

Upvote 0

rocklife

Senior Veteran
Apr 4, 2004
✟18,086.00
Faith
Christian
A better paper would be about getting more kids educated about Engineering as a career field, the First Lego League uses a Lego robot called the Mindstorms NXT and uses them to compete at robot competitions to get kids interested in math, science, and technology. Petroleum Engineering is the highest paying engineering, but engineering as a whole is also the highest paying starting career out of college.

You need brain cells to do calculus, smoking pot only makes people dumb.

USFIRST.org and LEGO Education | has more info on the things I am talking about.

Upvote 0

The Blue Elvis Returns

Returner To The Forums
Nov 30, 2012
Texas
✟15,126.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems like rocklife is too busy jumping to conclusions and judging to actually answer your question.

1234321 speaks truth.

My opinion is that is should be legal, just as alcohol, chainsaws and firearms are legal. Would I give any of the 4 to a child? No. Would I try and keep a consenting adult from using any of the 4? No.

The problem is that the government, or whomever, has painted marijuana/weed with the same brush as real drugs. There is a lot of difference between something that grows in the wild and something that is manufactured in a lab. One does not 'lead' to another.

Just my .02¢

Upvote 0