• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Left or Right..

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by MehGuy, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Left

28.6%
  2. Right

64.3%
  3. Ambidextrous

7.1%
  1. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+7,914
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Handed.. are you a lefty or a righty? Or are you one of the rare who can use both?

I was born as a lefty. Mostly a quirk in social circles. I do find it annoying how everything in the world seems like it was at the very least designed in favor of righties.

My father did teach me to throw a baseball and whatnot right handed. He read some sports article about left handers being disadvantage or something. So for some things I favor my right hand and consequently my right hand is a little physically stronger. I used to use a mouse on the right hand because of how the computers were structured in school yet I've trained myself to use my left hand. Mainly due to my fear of being disadvantaged in first person shooter online games, lol.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. 7x13=28 Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+3,581
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    left

3. NerdGirl123

NerdGirl123 If only we could be ourselves...

+1,257
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Boring ol' righty here. But I did teach myself to throw and catch with both hands, just as a challenge :)

4. MehGuy

+7,914
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I should probably start being lefty products like scissors, knives and the like. Tried using some heavy duty scissors to cut my doctor scholls pad and was unable too due to the scissors twisting. For once I might not feel like an awkward freak, lol.

5. NerdGirl123

+1,257
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    This is so amusingly pitiful :D
    "I just want comfy cushion for my feet, man!!"

6. MehGuy

+7,914
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Lots of downsides to being a lefty. When you write you easily get smear marks on your hand.. due to writing from left to right. Also the notebooks at school, the metal part would always bother the side of my hand. I've also read left handers have a slightly lower life expectancy due to equipment favoring right handers. Lol.

7. NerdGirl123

+1,257
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Ah, yeah, that's a good point about the writing. Maybe they've come up with some sort of glove for south-paws to wear when writing?

8. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+16,818
    Christian
    Married
    I always thought saying you're "sinister handed" sounded cooler than "left handed".
    tulc(is just sayn')

9. MehGuy

+7,914
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I've heard of a pen that was designed to solve the problem.. not sure how it works.. I think it makes it so the hand is above the paper at all times. They also have some notebooks that have the spiral metal on the other side.. although as a kid.. these products especially during the early internet days were not really acquirable for me. I remember in one class we even had desks that only had on arm rest.. of course on the right side.. although after a few weeks the teacher found a left one... and dragged it across the class making a horrible squeaking sound just to give it to me.. lol.

I do not consider myself a social justice warrior, but the left perspective needs to be incorporated into everything in life! Lol.

10. NerdGirl123

+1,257
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    This is random, but I just noticed your signature, and I love it.

11. NerdGirl123

+1,257
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Awww, poor MehGuy! I can just picture the desk dragging over the floor :D

12. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints! Supporter

+4,119
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm right-handed, but when I invented a cellular headset for Motorola, it had electronics to accommodate lefties, too. (Google owns that patent now.)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. MehGuy

+7,914
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I appreciate it.

14. MehGuy

+7,914
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I remember when the videogame Zelda: Twilight Princess port was released on the Nintendo Wii the powers that be decided to mirror the image of the entire game. Due to Link being programmed to swing his sword with this left hand (Shigeru Miyamoto is a lefty in real life) just to accommodate the right handers so they wouldn't feel bad. The idea of the wii-mote not being in tune with the video game character was apparently too hard for right handers to bare.. lol.

I found that pretty insulting.. lol.

15. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+10,514
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    I'm left-handed. I used to joke that this is why I learned Arabic, because I was tired of always smearing my handwriting when writing left to right, but then one of the Egyptians pointed out that my handwriting is pretty bad in Arabic, too, so I guess I'll have to move on to classical Mongolian or something (north-to-south columns).

16. MehGuy

+7,914
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Oh, wow! I had no idea Arabic went right to left.

Surprising honestly. I'd think by design all societies would be biased to making writing left to right.

17. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+10,514
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Yeah, most of the scripts natively used for Semitic languages are written and read right to left, though not all (the native Ge'ez script of Ethiopia being a notable exception). That goes for non-Semitic languages that adopted the Perso-Arabic script, too, like Punjabi, Uyghur, Urdu, etc.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List