Lee's Rules: new Rules for the site....please acknowlege.....

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
being a Gentile grafted in also gave you rights to belong to the family as close as any Jew, and afforded the believer with all the rights any Jew has with in the MJ community(Jews not in the MJ community would disagree naturally and thats ok:thumbsup:):wave:
However, this is different that actually being or calling
oneself a Jew.....

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I think that in addition to born Jews, we have to allow for those acknowledged by a Jewish beit din to be converts.

And that would include Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, and Messianic conversions.

I would have to disagree with Messianic, as
these would not be acceptable to Orthodox,
Reform, or Conservative communities...

Upvote 0

Talmidah

היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק
Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I think that in addition to born Jews, we have to allow for those acknowledged by a Jewish beit din to be converts.

And that would include Orthodox, Conservative, Reform, and Messianic conversions.

You don't have this problem on the Jewish boards. No one is going around checking the credentials of converts, or even ASKING if someone is a convert.
I dont understand this at all:confused:

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
acknowledged.

And btw, this whole 'who is/who isn't because of how I perceive...' needs to stop. we already hashed that one out loooong time ago.
yes we have our polls to tell us, we arent going backwards

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
However, this is different that actually being or calling
oneself a Jew.....
yes if you want to be technical but for our purposes here in MJ if someone is following an MJ path they are equal to a Jew in every way even if not born a Jew, and we dont want to make them seem like second class citizens KWIM?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟593,718.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Is there a stipulation or rule regarding those in this forum who may claim to be Jewish but are not halachically by Orthodox standards (born or convert)? I think it's absolutely disingenuous for anyone including Conservative, Reform, Reconstructionist, or Messianic to be claiming they are Jews when they are obviously not(unless born). I'm not sure if this has been happening but if somebody, for instance, had a Reform conversion, they are no more Jewish than say Jesse Jackson and are frauds and should be called out as such. We come from many different backgrounds and ideals on this forum and we can respect the fact the others may hold varying opinions, but one thing we need is clarity and honesty. My 2 cents anyhow.

You do realise that Reform and Reconstuctionists would disagree with you? And rightly so, it is not your job to define what is an acceptable conversion but that of the community into which they convert. Which, whether you like it or not, defines itself as Jewish.

Upvote 0

shlomoh

Oct 28, 2007
✟15,175.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
that is a widespread Jewish belief but only a minority belief in MJ, therefore we are not addressing it as a forum guidline here...We have had a poll or two on this issue before and most disagreed believing, instead that being a Gentile grafted in also gave you rights to belong to the family as close as any Jew, and afforded the believer with all the rights any Jew has with in the MJ community(Jews not in the MJ community would disagree naturally and thats ok:thumbsup:):wave:
Hey everyone. staff edit

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
yes if you want to be technical but for our purposes here in MJ if someone is following an MJ path they are equal to a Jew in every way even if not born a Jew, and we dont want to make them seem like second class citizens KWIM?

But gentiles are not "second class citizens".....I
would hope no one here would feel that they
were...:(

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Here and for our purposes we dont need to address this at all I think:wave:

I agree, the thread got side tracked and I responded
to that-perhaps these posts can be "cleaned" up as
they are not relevant to the OP?
:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChazakEmunah

Emunah Sh'liach
Feb 7, 2007
Texas
Visit site
✟10,114.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
But gentiles are not "second class citizens".....I
would hope no one here would feel that they
were...:(
I hope not too sis and in fact neither are Non Trins that really bugs me when they are treated as such from the Site(not happening now thank ABBA, I hope it stays that way) and neither are Jews who are not MJ or Christian.... so I think that yes we all know how offensive it is to see someone say they are Jewish when in fact they hold no ties to any Jewish blood, but its not something I want to use to define us either, just like we dont need to define us by any of these other groups I mentioned here....We should keep this short and sweet if at all possible and list who can sign up for membership and what post are restricted in this place

Upvote 0