Sinner and Saint
Dec 31, 2007
Adelaide
✟16,893.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I have to say Winter Wonderland. Or any song that references winter or snow (yeah that's a lot), because in Australia they make absolutely no sense! It'll probably be 40 degrees again this Christmas (100+ fahrenheit).

I prefer the traditional songs. O Holy Night is my fave. Whenever I hear someone belting out "fall on your knees" I shiver...

Upvote 0

poeticlurker

exactly what it says on the tin
Sep 21, 2010
✟15,600.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have to say Winter Wonderland. Or any song that references winter or snow (yeah that's a lot), because in Australia they make absolutely no sense! It'll probably be 40 degrees again this Christmas (100+ fahrenheit).

I prefer the traditional songs. O Holy Night is my fave. Whenever I hear someone belting out "fall on your knees" I shiver...

Even when I was an atheist, I much preferred the traditional songs. They were much prettier and I felt that more effort was put into them.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate most of the ones already mentioned.

Simply having a wonderful Christmas time. Ugh! Can't you think of something else to say? ? ?

Exactly!

Okay, I think I figured it out: "Merry Xmas (War Is Over)"

Seriously, for all the praise John Lennon gets the lyrics to this song suck big time. "I hope you had fun", rhyming "year" and "fear". Is that the best he could do? Please.

Truly. Idiot rhyming bugs me to no end. One reason I can't stand rap.

Happy Christmas/War is Over.
Christmas is about Christ not an excuse to protest a war.... move on....

That's exactly what I was thinking. Christmas songs shouldn't be political.

Marshmallow World
the first 50 times it was cute... after that...ugh downside of working a Grocery store...

Am I the only one who has no clue what this song is? lol

Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth
The voices of Bing and Bowie just don't mesh together in a pleasant way...so while I enjoy both sets of lyrics I just can't get into this song

Same here. It's a bit too much "let's put two famous artists together and make lots of money". Bleh.

We Need A Little Christmas. I had to sing for a musical I was in in elementary school and I grew very sick of it.

I HATE THAT SONG, too!! It's like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a new one to add.... and it takes the #1 spot from Happy Christmas in my book

Honda has this new ad on the Tele (I don't watch it much, so maybe others have seen it already...) and in this ad they have a song that goes Holiday! O! Holiday! and the best one of the year....

well just watch it for yourself...
YouTube - Honda: Happy Drivers, Civic

Nothing to do with Christmas, secular or religiously... and to afraid to name the holiday are we? even if you called it a Fesitivus Commerical I'd be ok with it.. but you use Christmas wrapping and such...

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
SingItOut said:
Simply having a wonderful Christmas time. Ugh! Can't you think of something else to say? ? ?

YES. We'll be having a wonderful Christmas time! :ahah: Seriously though, I blame that song for the reason why I hate Christmas shopping cuz that's all I hear at the stores. Doesn't matter which ones, either. It's playing everywhere. EVERYwhere.

A lot of the ones I would mention have already been blasted, but one that is not really "Christmas-y" but you hear it this time of year anyway is "Baby It's Cold Outside." So terrible. I, like another poster here, prefer the more traditional Christmas songs. Personally, I prefer ones sung at church; the ones you'd find in an old school hymnal. But I do like Mariah Carey songs, too. :sorry:

Upvote 0

poeticlurker

exactly what it says on the tin
Sep 21, 2010
✟15,600.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
YES. We'll be having a wonderful Christmas time! :ahah: Seriously though, I blame that song for the reason why I hate Christmas shopping cuz that's all I hear at the stores. Doesn't matter which ones, either. It's playing everywhere. EVERYwhere.

A lot of the ones I would mention have already been blasted, but one that is not really "Christmas-y" but you hear it this time of year anyway is "Baby It's Cold Outside." So terrible. I, like another poster here, prefer the more traditional Christmas songs. Personally, I prefer ones sung at church; the ones you'd find in an old school hymnal. But I do like Mariah Carey songs, too. :sorry:

I caught wind of the lyrics to "Baby it's Cold Outside". :eek: Turns out that analyzing that song is one of the training exercises for the RAINN hotline. How that song ever made it to radio... :destroyed:

Upvote 0

JasperJackson

Sinner and Saint
Dec 31, 2007
Adelaide
✟16,893.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Even though I'm a drummer I can't stand Little Drummer Boy. For some reason it just bugs me.

I always loved the Little Drummer Boy growing up. Then when I became a Christian I was devastated to find he wasn't in the Bible! I was lied to...! :p

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

I was going to say exactly the same.. cause it is really weeird singing about snow when it is so hot..

Love that song too.. wow.. especially when Mariah Carey does it..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I really hate Bruce Springteen's version of "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town". He took a bad song and somehow made it worse.

I love you for mentioning this! :hoho: How TERRIBLE. Wait. The term "terrible" isn't strong enough... :mmh:

As for Little Drummer Boy... wow. I like that song, actually. I do picture an ox and a lamb keeping time by clicking their hooves together during the song. Always makes me giggle. :sorry:

Even in church. :burglar:

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Mele Kalikimaka (The Hawaiian Christmas Song). I hate this song with a strong passion.:doh:
Baby, it's cold outside. I'm sorry but this song sounds rather.....like a pervert song.:sorry::doh:
Little Drummer Boy. I don't know why but it bugs me.

Upvote 0