Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hi guys, i am truely having a blast in learning how to read biblical Hebrew, and while i've been at it, i've learned how to speak somewhat, i've been jumping around repeating where is my father [ A, Avi] and many many other words.. Does anyone know how to type Hebrew letters in there computer?? This would be a major help to me, perhaps we can all learn how to read write and speak hebrew together...

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
7_3_s1.gif

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I noticed that my copy of WordPerfect has a Hebrew font. Now, I just need to get in a class like you! :wave:
I truely recomend it, it's actually pretty fun to learn another language other ten your native and English, and the best part about it is that no one can tell you stories about what the Hebrew says or fails to say.. We have class today, but since we are under hurracane watch where i live, perhaps classes will be cancelled..

However i hope someone can teach me how to post in Hebrew letters, i've been looking into it but still havent figured out the way to do it.. It would be so beneficial for all of us, i mean we can learn alot.

Upvote 0

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Hey, I'm an Israeli...so I have Hebrew letters...
Abba-Father:
אבא
Avi-My father
אבי
If ya wanna help, I'm here!!
Great, praise G_d, can you provide us with the hebrew Alphabet, with the vowels and everything.

Upvote 0

HayaLovesYeshua

Aug 27, 2006
Israel
Visit site
✟8,052.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I can.
I'll start with our letters, I guess you know them
א-A-alef
ב-B-bet
ג-G-gimel
ד-D-dalet
ה-HA/HE-hey
ו-V-vav
ז-Z-zaiyn
ח-H- chet[well, I noticed that it's a little problem for the british/american person to say H like the Israelies said...so they say like 'Hey' and not CH
ט-T-tet
י-y/i-yud
כ-k/c-kaf
ל-l-lamed
מ-m-mem
נ-n-nun
ן-n-nun sofit [when there is נ in the end of the word, you have to put ן]
ס-s/ce-samech
ע-a-aiyn
פ-p-pei
ף-p [when there is p and the end of the word, you have to put ף, like capital latter...]
ק-k/c- kuf
ר-r-resh
שׁ-sh-shin
ׁש-s-sin [what a word, huh?hehe],
ת-t-taf

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MattyJames

Aug 13, 2005
✟8,944.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
I would soooo love to learn Hebrew! To be able to read the Torah in the native tongue would be really beneficial I think.

Being eldest boy and running the business and all, I can't just 'go and learn hebew', let alone find the time to. I'm praying hard about this one. I'd love to go to a Messianic College and studing Torah, in Hebrew, learn some of the traditions...:sigh: Lord willing. Then I'd be able to understand some of your Yiddish talk :D LOL.

Hey...good to see Haya and Arron posting here! You beaut guys! hope to see more of your expertise.:thumbsup:

regards,

Matt James

Upvote 0

HayaLovesYeshua

Aug 27, 2006
Israel
Visit site
✟8,052.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Oh, it's okay.
We have 2 awesome Bible college in Israel...actually they are the same, but one for people who know Hebrew and the another [Jerusalem] for people who don't know Hebrew, and study there there in Englishhttp://www.israelcollege.com .
If u wanna know Yiddish, you have to learn Yiddish, coz Hebrew will not so help you with that :),btw, we talk Yiddish at my house, with my grandma..she was born in Russia..

Be blessed bro,
Haya.

Upvote 0

MattyJames

Aug 13, 2005
✟8,944.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Oh, it's okay.
We have 2 awesome Bible college in Israel...actually they are the same, but one for people who know Hebrew and the another [Jerusalem] for people who don't know Hebrew, and study there there in Englishhttp://www.israelcollege.com .
If u wanna know Yiddish, you have to learn Yiddish, coz Hebrew will not so help you with that :),btw, we talk Yiddish at my house, with my grandma..she was born in Russia..

Be blessed bro,
Haya.

ohh ok...I though Yiddish was Hebrew mixed with other languages??

I'm gonna look at that link. Just wish there was one in my home town. All things for a reason.

thanks Haya. What time is it there?? Its 8:30 Wed night here. Just wondering.

Matt James

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HayaLovesYeshua

Aug 27, 2006
Israel
Visit site
✟8,052.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Well, Yiddish it's kinda Hebrew with German...
Hebrew it's Hebrew...sad, but in these days we use with many slangs...and the 'real' Hebrew forgotten...I mean the biblical Hebrew...
There are words that we say in another langugage, instead we say 'Shalom' we say 'Hey', or 'Bye' and not 'Lehitraot'...I don't have a problem with that...and I can say nothing wrong or to judge..but it's a little different Hebrew that we know from the Hebrew Bible [Tanach+NT]

Upvote 0

HayaLovesYeshua

Aug 27, 2006
Israel
Visit site
✟8,052.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
ohh ok...I though Yiddish was Hebrew mixed with other languages??

I'm gonna look at that link. Just wish there was one in my home town. All things for a reason.

thanks Haya. What time is it there?? Its 8:30 Wed night here. Just wondering.

Matt James

What time is it there?? Its 8:30 Wed night here

Matt,
I'm sorry that I didn't answer ya for this queation...wow..so sorry.
Well, I don't know where do you live in the US, but I know that there is -10 hours between Israel and California, for example..
Now is 18.51 [6.51 pm]

---
You should Hear Ladino

I think I heard it in T.V, I'm not sure...but it must be intresting language... ;)

Upvote 0