Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would like you to give me a scripture from the bible that supports this statement. Thanks.

Sure, there's this concept which is foreign to most people who have not felt the power of the Holy Spirit: Romans 8:5-6. Flesh and Spirit are opposite directions as we learn from that scripture, flesh is death and spirit is life and peace. Being resurrected does mean you'll have a body. But a resurrected body. And God will feed you as written in revelation. Also about heaven Revelation 21:1-8 and them that didn't do well had a part in the lake of fire? Do LDS believe in the lake of fire?

I'll be completely honest, I can't say without a doubt that LDS aren't correct. But a couple things I've experienced contradict their teachings:

1: God gave me a testimony in the Lake of fire
2: Jesus Christ gave me a testimony in the sacred nature of marriage between a man and wife (polygamy is wickedness)
3: Sexual desire is void being filled with the Holy Spirit (you feel great Peace, Love, Turmoil of the soul leaves and Pain of the body leaves)
4: Bible teaches against marriage in heaven

There are probably more reasons, but I can't remember at the moment. LDS church requires you to accept a lot of things based on blind faith really.

So I'll stay Catholic until God proves to me otherwise. But I should respect others beliefs. I found beliefs are a difficult thing to have change on you, and then one gets on shaky ground for a while, until they know what to believe.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You can tell when you go on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ that the most part of the people that you teach believe there is marriage in heaven.

The churches in general do not have a written doctrine about marriage in heaven but individuals do, regardless of what their church teaches. They know that because of their love of spouse and children, that they will somehow be a family in heaven. They want to be married and have that relationship forever.

Nobody says those relationships - if all are saved---will not continue on heaven---THERE IS NO SEX IN HEAVEN! That is the bottom line in what Jesus said. Those who believe otherwise, do not understand what they are reading and are thinking carnally!! Just as JS was.

• Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You can tell when you go on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ that the most part of the people that you teach believe there is marriage in heaven.

The churches in general do not have a written doctrine about marriage in heaven but individuals do, regardless of what their church teaches. They know that because of their love of spouse and children, that they will somehow be a family in heaven. They want to be married and have that relationship forever.

Not true.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Not true.
You can say not true, but my experiences have told me it is true. Your circle of friends may not believe it, but your circle of friends are very limited compared to the entire Christian community around the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Nobody says those relationships - if all are saved---will not continue on heaven---THERE IS NO SEX IN HEAVEN! That is the bottom line in what Jesus said. Those who believe otherwise, do not understand what they are reading and are thinking carnally!! Just as JS was.
Sexuality is not a sin. Most of us think of sex as carnal and evil, but when sex is done in the sphere that God has set up for perpetuating the race, it is a wonderful experience that cannot be duplicated by any means.

When God says that man is not to be without the woman, nor the woman without the man and they are to be one, He gives no timeline like is given in Christian wedding (till death do us part). There will be married people in heaven, but the % of those married to those single will be small. The reason for that is narrow is the way and few there will be that find it.

Only a handful of all the people born on earth will believe in Jesus Christ, and only a handful of the believers will do what he has commanded us to do, in order to live in the highest level of heaven and have the opportunity to be married in heaven and to increase for ever and ever worlds without end.

There is no scripture that you can bring me that says THERE IS NO SEX IN HEAVEN.
Matthew 22 only says if you are not married by the time of the resurrection you will not be married during the resurrection but will be as angels of God. This does not say THERE WILL BE NO SEX IN HEAVEN. Remember sex is not a dirty word in God's sphere, it is the lifeblood to perpetuale His species.
I am not sure that our earthly sexual experience is the same as God's heavenly sexual experience. But it is not dirty or carnal as you say.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can say not true, but my experiences have told me it is true. Your circle of friends may not believe it, but your circle of friends are very limited compared to the entire Christian community around the world.

And yours are not?

What percent of the entire Christian community around the world are your friends? Check the box closest to the number that matches your number of friends:

□ 90%
□ 75%
□ 50%
□ 25%
□ 5%
□ 1%
□ <1%

Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Sure, there's this concept which is foreign to most people who have not felt the power of the Holy Spirit: Romans 8:5-6. Flesh and Spirit are opposite directions as we learn from that scripture, flesh is death and spirit is life and peace. Being resurrected does mean you'll have a body. But a resurrected body. And God will feed you as written in revelation. Also about heaven Revelation 21:1-8 and them that didn't do well had a part in the lake of fire? Do LDS believe in the lake of fire?

I'll be completely honest, I can't say without a doubt that LDS aren't correct. But a couple things I've experienced contradict their teachings:

1: God gave me a testimony in the Lake of fire
2: Jesus Christ gave me a testimony in the sacred nature of marriage between a man and wife (polygamy is wickedness)
3: Sexual desire is void being filled with the Holy Spirit (you feel great Peace, Love, Turmoil of the soul leaves and Pain of the body leaves)
4: Bible teaches against marriage in heaven

There are probably more reasons, but I can't remember at the moment. LDS church requires you to accept a lot of things based on blind faith really.

So I'll stay Catholic until God proves to me otherwise. But I should respect others beliefs. I found beliefs are a difficult thing to have change on you, and then one gets on shaky ground for a while, until they know what to believe.

God bless
Jesus in Luke 24 appeared to his apostles with a resurrected body that was made of flesh and bone and spirit. They touched him and he ate with them. Unmistakenly flesh body.
A more pure and perfect body of flesh, but none the less, flesh.

Yes, we believe in the Lake of fire.

God gave you a testimony in the Lake of fire? Do not know what that means.
Sexual desire is void, being filled by the Holy Spirit. Not sure Romans 8:5-6 answered my question. It says flesh is death and spirit is life, but nothing that sexual desire is replaced by the Holy Spirit. If you are interpreting Romans to say this, I may interpret it differently. And that's OK, just saying.
Matthew 22 teaches that if you are not married by the time of the resurrection, you will not be married in the resurrection or given in marriage during the resurrection and you will be single as the angels of God forever. It does not address those who are married by the Lord before the resurrection. These who were married in the Lord by the time of the resurrection, will be married for time and all eternity.
If God says man is to not be without the woman, nor woman without the man, in the Lord, there does not seem to be a time frame set on this marriage in the Lord. And when the Lord says that a man and woman should be on flesh, there is not time frame that limits this saying or condition, in the Lord. IOW a rather small % of people will be married in heaven, who do what the Lord commands them to do and follows him, and receives his grace.

I do not follow by blind faith. I follow because the Holy Spirit has confirmed these thing to me not only spiritually, but biblically also.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
And yours are not?

What percent of the entire Christian community around the world are your friends? Check the box closest to the number that matches your number of friends:

□ 90%
□ 75%
□ 50%
□ 25%
□ 5%
□ 1%
□ <1%

Hahaha. Normally I would frown on this kind of argument (not just because my own communion is only about 90 million people worldwide, but because it's just a bad argument; would we still say things like this if we were in 200 AD, when Christianity was still a minority religion even in its birthplaces?), but come on, Peter...you had to have seen this coming! That's too funny to not appreciate.

Reminds me of this lovely video from the ever-entertaining "Brother Jake" regarding Mormon denominations:

"Size is only important when comparing our church to other Mormon churches because none of the non-Mormon churches have the Book of Mormon so, you know...that's just like a trump card right there."

^ This is basically the argument they're making whenever LDS argue from numbers

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus in Luke 24 appeared to his apostles with a resurrected body that was made of flesh and bone and spirit. They touched him and he ate with them. Unmistakenly flesh body.
A more pure and perfect body of flesh, but none the less, flesh.

God gave you a testimony in the Lake of fire? Do not know what that means.
Sexual desire is void, being filled by the Holy Spirit. Not sure Romans 8:5-6 answered my question. It says flesh is death and spirit is life, but nothing that sexual desire is replaced by the Holy Spirit. If you are interpreting Romans to say this, I may interpret it differently. And that's OK, just saying.
Matthew 22 teaches that if you are not married by the time of the resurrection, you will not be married in the resurrection or given in marriage during the resurrection and you will be single as the angels of God forever. It does not address those who are married by the Lord before the resurrection. These who were married in the Lord by the time of the resurrection, will be married for time and all eternity.
If God says man is to not be without the woman, nor woman without the man, in the Lord, there does not seem to be a time frame set on this marriage in the Lord. And when the Lord says that a man and woman should be on flesh, there is not time frame that limits this saying or condition, in the Lord. IOW a rather small % of people will be married in heaven, who do what the Lord commands them to do and follows him, and receives his grace.

I do not follow by blind faith. I follow because the Holy Spirit has confirmed these thing to me not only spiritually, but biblically also.

First off, where is the lake of fire ever mentioned by LDS scripture? Please reference for me, I read the book of Mormon and cannot recall?I was given a testimony in the lake of fire to avoid blasphemy, but that is personal revelation, and the description is something that is not allowed on this forum.

OK let's entertain those ideas for the sake of understanding. I would love to be an angel of Gods Matthew 28:2-3, what an honor would that be and what glory. The scripture references Angels of Gods at different times, never other gods beside him. Why is God using these angels and never LDS gods? And how can you say you will be a god?: Isaiah 45:5, Deuteronomy 32:39. How can you distort those scriptures? By your definition there should be other gods that are LDS even in Moses time, where are they mentioned in the bible? I only see angels: Matthew 22:30. Even in your own religion Moroni was only an angel, did he sin and was not allowed into god heaven?

Also you didn't tell me about the holy spirit and how you recognize that it is in fact God.

You said that Jesus appeared in a "Unmistakenly flesh body", Jesus appeared to the apostles sure, and they did not recognize him (different face at least? John 20:15, John 21:4, Luke 24:15-16), but his body is God and not mans, He was created by the Holy Ghost, not a man Matthew 1:18, Galatians 6:8. And his body is broke for everyone as bread in the communion. You possible cannot say your resurrected body will be anything like Christs. We all eat bread of Christs body, which I don't think you would disagree right? That said Christ's body is enormous then in power and magnitude. God's body is then different than mans in the resurrection. So I'm not sure what you're suggesting? Could you please clarify?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sexuality is not a sin. Most of us think of sex as carnal and evil, but when sex is done in the sphere that God has set up for perpetuating the race, it is a wonderful experience that cannot be duplicated by any means.

When God says that man is not to be without the woman, nor the woman without the man and they are to be one, He gives no timeline like is given in Christian wedding (till death do us part). There will be married people in heaven, but the % of those married to those single will be small. The reason for that is narrow is the way and few there will be that find it.

Only a handful of all the people born on earth will believe in Jesus Christ, and only a handful of the believers will do what he has commanded us to do, in order to live in the highest level of heaven and have the opportunity to be married in heaven and to increase for ever and ever worlds without end.

There is no scripture that you can bring me that says THERE IS NO SEX IN HEAVEN.
Matthew 22 only says if you are not married by the time of the resurrection you will not be married during the resurrection but will be as angels of God. This does not say THERE WILL BE NO SEX IN HEAVEN. Remember sex is not a dirty word in God's sphere, it is the lifeblood to perpetuale His species.
I am not sure that our earthly sexual experience is the same as God's heavenly sexual experience. But it is not dirty or carnal as you say.

I never said it was--it was created by God--Adam and Eve were given the directive to be fruitful and multiply--they were given permission to mate and have children as was all of creation. Contrary to what JS says that it is only because of Satan that we can have children!!
Jesus gave the timeline:
Mat_22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

It is Jesus that created everything and it is Jesus that created sex and it is Jesus that says in the resurrection we will be as the angels=no procreation. You can not come up with anything else. It does not say that if you are not married by the resurrection you won't be able to have sex--that is your own made up rendering of what Jesus said based on JS not the bible.
Men who do not obey God’s law of eternal marriage neither marry nor are given in marriage but are appointed angels in heaven, D&C 132:16–17.

This is not written anywhere in the bible. Jesus plainly says in the resurrection---that means all who are resurrected unto salvation.
"There is no scripture that you can bring me that says THERE IS NO SEX IN HEAVEN."

There is no verse in the bible that says we will!!!

at 22:29 ... Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Your experiences are minuscule compared to the population of the world and you can't even identify a Christian.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Book of Mormon, Jacob 6
10 And according to the power of justice, for justice cannot be denied, ye must go away into that lake of fire and brimstone, whose flames are unquenchable, and whose smoke ascendeth up forever and ever, which lake of fire and brimstone is endless torment.

The Bible teaches that there is a devil and a hell, but the place of hell in the plan of salvation is taught best by the Book of Mormon. Hell is a state of suffering, both temporary and permanent. Continuous suffering, however, is reserved only for sons of perdition—those who are still unclean after the final judgment. The Book of Mormon clarifies that the “lake of fire and brimstone” is a metaphor for the suffering of the wicked. It also teaches that the Atonement ransoms humankind from physical death through the resurrection and from spiritual death, or hell, through repentance...

The term second death refers to spiritual death or separation from God. The Book of Mormon contains six references to the second death: one reference by Jacob (Jacob 3:11), three by Alma (Alma 12:16, 32; 13:30), and two by Samuel the Lamanite (Hel. 14:18–19). John’s references to the second death testify of its existence but do not offer any explanatory information that instructs those readers who do not already understand the doctrine. In contrast, Book of Mormon references to the second death are embedded in sermons that teach it in context with other essential elements of the plan of salvation.
6. Hell, Second Death, Lake of Fire and Brimstone, and Outer Darkness | Religious Studies Center

The only people in the presence of the Father are those in the highest level of the "celestial kingdom." They are the only ones who will be members of the Church of the Firstborn and they will be gods.

If separation from God is the second death, I would ask, "Aren't assignments to lower kingdoms also the second death?" What of those in the lower levels in the "celestial kingdom?"

Part of this post diasappeared so I'll post it in another post.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Joseph Fielding Smith taught:

SAINTS COMMANDED TO MARRY FOR ETERNITY.

The Lord has commanded us, as it is recorded in the revelations, that marriage among members of the Church should be performed in his holy house, and not for time only, but for time and all eternity. Therefore, those who are satisfied to receive a ceremony for time only, uniting them for this life, and are content with that, are ignorant of this fundamental principle of the gospel and its consequences, or they are in rebellion against the commandments of the Lord.
Now, what I want to say is intended very largely for the parents of the young people. I think the parents, perhaps, are more to be blamed, because, in many instances, very many instances, they have not taught their children the sacredness of the marriage covenant….
It fills my heart with sadness when I see in the paper the name of a daughter or a son of members of this Church, and discover that she or he is going to have a ceremony and be married outside of the temple of the Lord, because I realize what it means, that they are cutting themselves off from exaltation in the kingdom of God.

SORROW IN RESURRECTION IF NO ETERNAL MARRIAGE.
These young people who seem to be so happy now, when they rise in the resurrection-and find themselves in the condition in which they will find themselves-then there will be weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth, and bitterness of soul; and they have brought it upon themselves because of their lack of faith and understanding of the gospel, and from, I am sorry to say, the encouragement they have received many times from their own parents….
Of course there are people who are not worthy to go to the temple, and therefore should not go to the temple. No one should go to the temple except those who are worthy, as the Lord has said,
"who [have] overcome by faith," and are cleansed and are just and true. Then they can go to
the temple. If they are unclean, if they lack the faith, they had better stay out until they get the faith and are clean.
Doctrines of Salvation, Volume 2, pp. 60-61

http://ldsseminary.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/doctrines-of-salvation-volume-2.pdf

Topics (I urge you to use the link rather that jump to conclusions):

CIVIL MARRIAGE MAKES SERVANTS IN ETERNITY.
CHOICE BETWEEN WORLDLY THINGS AND EXALTATION.
CELESTIAL MARRIAGE MAKES GODS IN ETERNITY.
UNMARRIED TO INHERIT THE DEATHS.
MARRIAGE AND BECOMING SONS OF GOD.
https://ldsseminary.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/doctrines-of-salvation-volume-2.pdf

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Book of Mormon, Jacob 6
10 And according to the power of justice, for justice cannot be denied, ye must go away into that lake of fire and brimstone, whose flames are unquenchable, and whose smoke ascendeth up forever and ever, which lake of fire and brimstone is endless torment.

The Bible teaches that there is a devil and a hell, but the place of hell in the plan of salvation is taught best by the Book of Mormon. Hell is a state of suffering, both temporary and permanent. Continuous suffering, however, is reserved only for sons of perdition—those who are still unclean after the final judgment. The Book of Mormon clarifies that the “lake of fire and brimstone” is a metaphor for the suffering of the wicked. It also teaches that the Atonement ransoms humankind from physical death through the resurrection and from spiritual death, or hell, through repentance...

The term second death refers to spiritual death or separation from God. The Book of Mormon contains six references to the second death: one reference by Jacob (Jacob 3:11), three by Alma (Alma 12:16, 32; 13:30), and two by Samuel the Lamanite (Hel. 14:18–19). John’s references to the second death testify of its existence but do not offer any explanatory information that instructs those readers who do not already understand the doctrine. In contrast, Book of Mormon references to the second death are embedded in sermons that teach it in context with other essential elements of the plan of salvation.
6. Hell, Second Death, Lake of Fire and Brimstone, and Outer Darkness | Religious Studies Center

The only people in the presence of the Father are those in the highest level of the "celestial kingdom." They are the only ones who will be members of the Church of the Firstborn and they will be gods.

If separation from God is the second death, I would ask, "Aren't assignments to lower kingdoms also the second death?" What of those in the lower levels in the "celestial kingdom?"

Part of this post diasappeared so I'll post it in another post.

Thanks for digging that out. I couldn't remember the LDS teachings but remembered something about not being the lake of fire after death for the wicked.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
devin553344 says:

The scripture references Angels of Gods at different times, never other gods beside him.

If you want to see 2 Gods standing or sitting side by side, read:
Psalms 110
Acts 2:32-34
Acts 7:55-56
Revelations 5

And how can you say you will be a god?
2 Peter 1:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

So according to the scriptures, God, through his divine power has given me all things pertaining unto godliness.
According to the scriptures, through Gods promises, if I escape the corruption of this world I can be a partaker of the divine nature of God.
IOW I can become like God, just like Jesus became like God, and be a God because I am a partaker of God's divine nature. There are other scriptures that let us know that God wants us to be like Him and have all the things that He has. It has to do with being joint heirs with His Son Jesus Christ.

Also you didn't tell me about the holy spirit and how you recognize that it is in fact God.

I recognize that the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead, and I recognize that the Holy Spirit is a God, but the Holy Spirit is not God the Father.
I know this because Jesus told his apostles that when he went to sit on the right hand of God in the heavens, that he would send the Holy Spirit to comfort them and show them all things pertaining to their calling as apostles. Therefore, Jesus and the HS have to be 2 separate beings. God and Jesus in the heavens, and the HS on earth bearing testimony that Jesus is the Christ, and helping the apostles by direct revelation.

but his body is God and not mans

Jesus is also not God the Father. He is God the Son. They are 2 separate beings also. That is why Jesus was on earth during his ministry and his God and Father was in heaven.
That is why Jesus prayed, Our Father, which art in heaven. When Jesus prayed to the Father, which was in heaven, he was praying on the earth.
Jesus's body was not the body of God the Father, it was the same body he had while on earth, but now it is resurrected, and perfect and exalted. A much different body than his earthly man body, but nonetheless it was a body of flesh and bone and spirit, the body of a God, which he was. But, as his apostles, you could touch him and he could eat mortal food with this resurreced, perfect, exalted body.
And BTW, the only difference between your resurrected body and Jesus's resurrected body is the exalted part. If you are exalted like him, then your resurrected body will be the same as his, and the same as God the Fathers body too.

And his body is broke for everyone as bread in the communion.

Not sure what you mean. When we partake of the sacrament of the Lords supper, we brake the bread and give it, and drink from the cup, in remembrance of the sacrifice that Jesus did for us. We do not see the bread and water as being the literal body and blood of Jesus. So I don't see how taking the sacrament has anything to do with the resurrected body of Christ in heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Your experiences are minuscule compared to the population of the world and you can't even identify a Christian.
I agree about my experience, but I recongize you are a Christian, so it can't be that tough.

I do go to many Christian churches and I do talk to a lot of main stream Christians all the time, so I do get a feel for what main stream Christians believe. To be honest, they are all over the place in their belief on the Trinity, and on marriage in heaven. Every year, there are new books on these subjects that further clouds the issues and imparts new knowledge about these subjects that do more to divide than to bring us together.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
I never said it was--it was created by God--Adam and Eve were given the directive to be fruitful and multiply--they were given permission to mate and have children as was all of creation.
Contrary to what JS says that it is only because of Satan that we can have children!!
Jesus gave the timeline:
Mat_22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

It is Jesus that created everything and it is Jesus that created sex and it is Jesus that says in the resurrection we will be as the angels=no procreation. You can not come up with anything else. It does not say that if you are not married by the resurrection you won't be able to have sex--that is your own made up rendering of what Jesus said based on JS not the bible.
Men who do not obey God’s law of eternal marriage neither marry nor are given in marriage but are appointed angels in heaven, D&C 132:16–17.

This is not written anywhere in the bible. Jesus plainly says in the resurrection---that means all who are resurrected unto salvation.
"There is no scripture that you can bring me that says THERE IS NO SEX IN HEAVEN."

at 22:29 ... Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Contrary to what JS says that it is only because of Satan that we can have children!!
That is a statement that throws the worst light on the Church of Jesus Christ that can be cast. Good going.
Can you show me that while Adam and Eve were in the garden that they had children? No, I didn't think so.
It took satan to temp Adam and Eve to take of the fruit and get kicked out of the garden in order for them to have children. ALL WITHIN GOD'S KNOWLEDGE. SO EVEN THOUGH SATAN HAD A PART TO PLAY IN EDEN, IT WAS GOD THAT WAS THE ONE THAT OVERSAW WHAT WAS GOING ON THERE. Not satan.
JS was right on target.

The phrase, "in the resurrection" is only a time frame, and it does not mean "all that are resurrected unto salvation".
You have to remember who Jesus was talking to. He was talking to people who did not even believe in the resurrection. But the story was about people who were not being married "in the Lord". So their fate was to be single, and like the angels of God, since there is no marrying nor given in marriage after the resurrection.
Those married in the Lord will be married for ever, says God.

Genesis 2:24 King James Version (KJV)
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Matthew 19:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

How do you think a man and a woman become 1 flesh? And since it says that what God hath joined together, let not man put asunder, implies that there is no time frame limiting this joining that God has done. God is eternal and he does eternal things and this scripture is telling us that what God has joined, will be eternal. Therefore I can believe that my marriage can be eternal, and my oneness with my wife can be eternal. Again, I have said that sex on earth may be different than sex in heaven, we just don't know.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
That is a statement that throws the worst light on the Church of Jesus Christ that can be cast. Good going.
Can you show me that while Adam and Eve were in the garden that they had children? No, I didn't think so.
It took satan to temp Adam and Eve to take of the fruit and get kicked out of the garden in order for them to have children. ALL WITHIN GOD'S KNOWLEDGE. SO EVEN THOUGH SATAN HAD A PART TO PLAY IN EDEN, IT WAS GOD THAT WAS THE ONE THAT OVERSAW WHAT WAS GOING ON THERE. Not satan.
JS was right on target.

LOL!! It is your teaching that without the fall we would never had children. It was the fall that made it possible so however you want to gloss over it---you all thank Satan for making it possible for us to have children!!

The bible clearly says all creation was given the directive to be fruitful and multiply---that means sex!!!
Had Adam and Eve not fallen, they would have had children. The fact that they fell first does not in any way mean that without the fall there would have been no children!!! JS was horribly wrong, as he was about everything else.

The phrase, "in the resurrection" is only a time frame, and it does not mean "all that are resurrected unto salvation".
You have to remember who Jesus was talking to. He was talking to people who did not even believe in the resurrection. But the story was about people who were not being married "in the Lord". So their fate was to be single, and like the angels of God, since there is no marrying nor given in marriage after the resurrection.
Those married in the Lord will be married for ever, says God.

They didn't believe in the resurrection yet they specifically asked
Mat_22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

It was only the Sadducees that did not believe in the resurrection. It is they who asked the question trying to trap Him. They well knew that the rest of the Jews believed in it.

The question was not about being "married in the Lord" for they were all married according to the God given dictates of the time, which they quoted. So they were married "in the Lord."
at 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.

Jesus' answer was for all at the resurrection.
Mar 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
Mar 12:26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob?
Mar 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.

• Agree
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I agree about my experience, but I recongize you are a Christian, so it can't be that tough.

I do go to many Christian churches and I do talk to a lot of main stream Christians all the time, so I do get a feel for what main stream Christians believe. To be honest, they are all over the place in their belief on the Trinity, and on marriage in heaven. Every year, there are new books on these subjects that further clouds the issues and imparts new knowledge about these subjects that do more to divide than to bring us together.

And there is only one answer: books mean nothing. You have no proof that the authors of non-canonical books are inspired by the Holy Spirit. You might as well say, "It doesn't matter what you believe, you're still a Christian." Or, "Of course, we're Christians. Look at the name of our church!" Joseph Smith didn't want to join hands with Presbyterians or anyone who worshiped the Trinity. And we will never join hands with Joseph Smith or his followers.

19 I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”

20 He again forbade me to join with any of them; and many other things did he say unto me, which I cannot write at this time. When I came to myself again, I found myself lying on my back, looking up into heaven. When the light had departed, I had no strength; but soon recovering in some degree, I went home. And as I leaned up to the fireplace, mother inquired what the matter was. I replied, “Never mind, all is well—I am well enough off.” I then said to my mother, “I have learned for myself that Presbyterianism is not true.” It seems as though the adversary was aware, at a very early period of my life, that I was destined to prove a disturber and an annoyer of his kingdom; else why should the powers of darkness combine against me? Why the opposition and persecution that arose against me, almost in my infancy?
Joseph Smith—History 1

“Many men say there is one God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are only one God. I say that is a strange God anyhow—three in one, and one in three! It is a curious organization anyhow. All are to be crammed into one God, according to sectarianism. It would make the biggest God in all the world. He would be a wonderfully big God—he would be a giant or a monster.”
Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 372; History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 476

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks for digging that out. I couldn't remember the LDS teachings but remembered something about not being the lake of fire after death for the wicked.
Please define wicked.

Upvote 0