Dec 14, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
✟15,133.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What do you think of Jack White's newest album "Lazaretto?"

I personally like the album, and Jack White is one of my favorite's of all time. I dig his solo stuff, but of course it's just not as good as the White Stripes. But all in all, Lazaretto is a very good record. I haven't bought the awesome vinyl version of it yet. What do you think?

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's a great album. I really liked The White Stripes and Blunderbuss was a good solo effort but I think Lazaretto is one of my favorite Jack White albums. The country flavor of it is a nice change of pace what what he normally does.

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Be careful with the vinyl. There was some experimental stuff White added to the vinyl version (I think maybe you can actually "play" the label, or something like that) and some buyers reported that this messed up their turntables. I have yet to see a copy of the vinyl version, but have enjoyed my CD since the album came out. One of the best albums of 2014 as far as I'm concerned. Maybe someone who owns the vinyl can give a better explanation than I've attempted to give.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Be careful with the vinyl. There was some experimental stuff White added to the vinyl version (I think maybe you can actually "play" the label, or something like that) and some buyers reported that this messed up their turntables. I have yet to see a copy of the vinyl version, but have enjoyed my CD since the album came out. One of the best albums of 2014 as far as I'm concerned. Maybe someone who owns the vinyl can give a better explanation than I've attempted to give.

I thought I heard something about the hidden track being underneath the label, although how you would pull that off and whether or not you could put the label back on is another question. It's definitely an interesting concept.

Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I thought I heard something about the hidden track being underneath the label, although how you would pull that off and whether or not you could put the label back on is another question. It's definitely an interesting concept.

Yes. That would make way more sense than trying to play the label. Not sure how it was supposed to work without messing up the album. I have the feeling I'm probably missing something here. Like I said earlier, as an old guy, I think I'll just stick with the CD version.

Upvote 0