plum

my thoughts are free
Nov 30, 2003
✟48,380.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
when did you start doing your own laundry? Or do you not do it yourself even now?

280106904_5eb3752c12_o.jpg

Periann

Nov 21, 2003
TX
✟11,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i started doing my own laundry when i was about 11 or 12. i just up and decided one day i wanted to do my own laundry and had my mom teach me how :angel:

lol. i wish i could wake up and quickly make life changing...er...well yea life changing decisions like that.

i was forced to learn how to do my own laundry in the 5th grade. my mom sort of woke up one morning and said...that's it...the kids need to start doing their own laundry.

Upvote 0

nathan82

Feb 19, 2006
✟8,097.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
haha, i couldn't help but laugh seeing that tag.

Think I started sometime in high school. Either junior or senior year.

Funny thing is during my frosh year of college, I had a roommate who had his mom come stop by and pickup his laundry. I was always dogging him. I'm like, "dude, I'll teach you how to clean laundry..." He didn't even want to learn...punk.

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was forced to learn how to do the laundry during my freshman year of college (since I no longer had easy access to Mom's Laundry Service). But I'm not sure that counts. The laundry machines in the dorms were dumbed down for college students. All I had to do was put in the clothes, pour the detergent, and press a couple buttons. When I went back to my parents' house, I could still never figure out how to use a real laundry machine. Now that I've graduated, I'm living with my parents again for a few months (until I go to grad school in the Fall). And guess what? I'm not doing my own laundry!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Dec 5, 2005
✟19,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I started doing my own laundry once my uniforms and practice clothes started to smell too bad for my mom to want to touch. I guess itwas around 12 or so. I always flooded the laundry room though. We had a water-saver system with the washer and I never got the water pulled out of the basin enough. It sucked. Especially since my mom would rather clean up the flooded water than have me just use the regular wash cycle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rhododendron

Senior Veteran
Dec 29, 2006
✟18,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ummmmmm................................ Whites go in cold water, right?:sorry:
LOL! I don't know, I just dump them all in together with cold water. (I know, all you other laundry particulars with your piles and specific water temperatures are probably flinching at the though LOL!!)But NEVER put something new in the wash with the rest of your clothes because the colours will run. I've done that all too often LOL! (I've been doing laundry for years, but I don't really care to be picky with piles and cold/warm water) ;)

Upvote 0