✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For those who love archeology...

these have been many many discoveries all over the planet of enormous megalithic structures built on top of ones most think were built by people between Adam and Noah's flood.
These structures throw a major wrench into the young earth creationism theory.

Some oddities about them:

1. Being 3-15' underneath present structures, we must say that these structures are far older than the ones modern archeology has unearthed. This would precede a 12,000 year old date.
2. The deeper we dig, the more weathered the rock and larger the objects are. Many exceed 100 tons which cannot be moved by todays equipment.
3. Many of the structures are made from granite and andacite which would require diamond-tipped tools to cut. Supposedly, the people from the age the scientists agree on had only pounding stones and copper chisels. Many stones were transported n
hundreds of miles over deserts and mountains with no trees to use as rollers.

I am not suggesting the ancient alien theory at all.
Nearly ALL of that comes from one man....Zecharaiah Sitchen. He claimed to decipher the Sumerian writings discovered a while ago.
Upon much investigation, I found out that there is only one small group of scholars in the world who can decipher Sumerian text...and get this...NONE of them has ever heard of Sitchen! Except for his book he wrote. Point is, he made it all up.

So where would we go from here?

John Hyperspace

UnKnown ReMember
Oct 3, 2016
Hyperspace
✟35,143.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

these have been many many discoveries all over the planet of enormous megalithic structures built on top of ones most think were built by people between Adam and Noah's flood.

1. Being 3-15' underneath present structures, we must say that these structures are far older than the ones modern archeology has unearthed. This would precede a 12,000 year old date.
2. The deeper we dig, the more weathered the rock and larger the objects are. Many exceed 100 tons which cannot be moved by todays equipment.
3. Many of the structures are made from granite and andacite which would require diamond-tipped tools to cut. Supposedly, the people from the age the scientists agree on had only pounding stones and copper chisels. Many stones were transported n

I don't advocate any form of cosmogenic literalism (though I was once a proponent of young earth creationism), but the above wouldn't throw anything into young earth creationism. Young earth creationism rejects modern methods of dating; I'm sure they would simply hypothesize that the structures were built during the pre-flood era.

Nearly ALL of that comes from one man....Zecharaiah Sitchen. He claimed to decipher the Sumerian writings discovered a while ago.
Upon much investigation, I found out that there is only one small group of scholars in the world who can decipher Sumerian text...and get this...NONE of them has ever heard of Sitchen! Except for his book he wrote. Point is, he made it all up.

Sitchen didn't "decipher" per se, he simply translated texts (which had already been translated by others) in a very unorthodox manner. I, personally, have no idea if he was right or wrong. To me, it's all impossible to tell; and, doesn't really produce information that is meaningful to me.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you have any links about cities or structures. Maybe a hint for a search. Thanks

Too many to list.
They are found all over the planet.
I forgot to mention deep underground cities capable of housing 10-20,000 people far beneath the earth cut into the bedrock....once again with a rock and a copper chisel.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Too many to list.
I forgot to mention deep underground cities capable of housing 10-20,000 people far beneath the earth cut into the bedrock....once again with a rock and a copper chisel.
I meant links to articles on the internet. :)

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upon much investigation, I found out .... Sitchen! Except for his book he wrote. Point is, he made it all up.

Yep, Sitchen seems to clearly be just another quack making up stuff. He may have convinced himself, or he may simply have done it to sell books and make money, but it doesn't matter- his stuff deserves no more attention than the similar fakery of von Daniken.

Too many to list.

We can't discuss any of these without additional information. There are a lot of quacks falsely claiming that such and such doesn't fit what archeologists already know, or that you only need to buy their book to learn the Truth (TM), but they often turn out be scammers (often without even any expertise in archeology), fooling gullible people out of their money.

A web link would be best, but without that, how about just a name of some of these? Such as the hoax "ica stones" or something?

Thanks-

Papias

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I meant links to articles on the internet. :)

I don't keep track of what I read or view but I located one video:

This thread is not to prove some weird idea. I have no clue as to the age or origins of those ancient structures. This is just for conversation purposes.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This thread is not to prove some weird idea. I have no clue as to the age or origins of those ancient structures. This is just for conversation purposes.
Thanks.
OK, it just a little hard to have a conversation when one doesn't know what you are referring to. There are lots of ruins around the world. :)
I haven't watched the video yet.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't advocate any form of cosmogenic literalism (though I was once a proponent of young earth creationism), but the above wouldn't throw anything into young earth creationism. Young earth creationism rejects modern methods of dating; I'm sure they would simply hypothesize that the structures were built during the pre-flood era.

Sitchen didn't "decipher" per se, he simply translated texts (which had already been translated by others) in a very unorthodox manner. I, personally, have no idea if he was right or wrong. To me, it's all impossible to tell; and, doesn't really produce information that is meaningful to me.
Sitchen made up an awful lot out of whole cloth, back in the days before anyone with a web connection could check out a questionable claim.

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeStill&Know

Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Too many to list.
It was found that in South America(?) the builders used meteor stones which are much tougher than rock or copper.

Upvote 0

BeStill&Know

Supporter
Sep 13, 2015
✟68,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I love to watch archeological videos on YouTube or Netflix too.
About secular dating,,,I will never forget an carbon dating experiment taking a live snail and running the tests that proved it was hundreds of years old. So much for carbon dating.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You might find this site very interesting if you haven't seen it.
Ancient construction techniques

Upvote 0

DWA2DAY

convictions are worse Enemies of Truth than Lies!
Nov 12, 2016
Paarl Western Cape
✟20,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really guys, can we be so gullible. What I see in the clip offered is a group of authors advertising a book to sell, and web address for you to book your tour. Wake and get on your knees and read Gods word. For example 1 Chronicles 11 tell us of David’s mighty men, a single solder killing 300 men. Genesis tells us of the Promised Land fill with giants. Going back a bit further it is clear the Nephilim had superior knowledge they imparted to humans and it was this pride of knowledge that brought the flood and buried these huge structures.

So why not ask the question, how many goliaths it would take to carry a 100ton rock. Was goliath a big or small giant? Or what archaeological records are there for giants? Or more important is how does the topic in question fit into the biblical story?

Remember it is Satan’s right to roam the world and create deceit. What better way to do it by using evolution theory that everything before now must have been inferior?

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Did you notice the large cylinder stone at 5:11 mins.? It appears to have been hollowed out or drilled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alawishis

Sep 28, 2010
✟9,437.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Rather than some advanced structure isn't it more likely the granite underground portion is some type of aquifer? Like some kind of a water reservoir built to support the temple? Then it would make sense that they were built close to the same time. The aquifer would just be a support structure for the main and surrounding buildings.

It's quite a bit less mysterious to think of it like that, but it probably a whole lot more likely.

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Because the Osireon is part of Set I's funerary complex, and Seti I died around 1279 BC, it's probably around 3,296 years old.

Origin: Ancient people built it from rock about 3,296 years ago, using standard methods which are well understood.

There is no need to postulate anything weird when nothing weird is needed to explain what we find. Ancient construction methods were pretty cool - people weren't stupid then, after all.

It was found that in South America(?) the builders used meteor stones which are much tougher than rock or copper.

Meteorites are sometimes used by people (for instance - a major part of Islam is to worship a sacred stone - which - may be a meteorite), but which site in South America are you referring to?

I will never forget an carbon dating experiment taking a live snail and running the tests that proved it was hundreds of years old. So much for carbon dating.

Carbon dating is well proven to be accurate, and things that can stop it from working are well known too - and corrected for. For instance, if you feed a snail isotopically purified food for years, and then carbon test the snail, it can indeed show up as hundreds of years old. However, that's like saying that, after putting a thermometer under a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that the 108 degree reading of the thermometer on a 59 degree day "proves" that thermometers don't work.

Carbon dating has been confirmed over literally thousands of samples of known age, and it reliably gives the right age. Confirmations like this are known as "calibration curves", such as this one:

c14FairbQSR05.gif

..... it is clear the Nephilim had superior knowledge they imparted to humans and it was this pride of knowledge that brought the flood and buried these huge structures...

What? This sounds like ancient alien conspiracies and stuff. Do you have any evidence suggesting that ancient giants existed and had superior knowledge that they gave to humans?

In Christ-

Papias

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because the Osireon is part of Set I's funerary complex, and Seti I died around 1279 BC, it's probably around 3,296 years old.

Origin: Ancient people built it from rock about 3,296 years ago, using standard methods which are well understood.

There is no need to postulate anything weird when nothing weird is needed to explain what we find. Ancient construction methods were pretty cool - people weren't stupid then, after all.

Meteorites are sometimes used by people (for instance - a major part of Islam is to worship a sacred stone - which - may be a meteorite), but which site in South America are you referring to?

Carbon dating is well proven to be accurate, and things that can stop it from working are well known too - and corrected for. For instance, if you feed a snail isotopically purified food for years, and then carbon test the snail, it can indeed show up as hundreds of years old. However, that's like saying that, after putting a thermometer under a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that the 108 degree reading of the thermometer on a 59 degree day "proves" that thermometers don't work.

Carbon dating has been confirmed over literally thousands of samples of known age, and it reliably gives the right age. Confirmations like this are known as "calibration curves", such as this one:

c14FairbQSR05.gif

What? This sounds like ancient alien conspiracies and stuff. Do you have any evidence suggesting that ancient giants existed and had superior knowledge that they gave to humans?

In Christ-

Papias
How about the huge footprints and that humongous thighbone?

Giant Leg Bone
-------------------------------------
A.
Present day modern man which averages about 6-feet tall + or - several inches or more.

B.

15-foot human skeleton found in southeast Turkey in late 1950's in the Euphrates valley during road construction. Many tombs containing giants were uncovered here. This pertains to the picture of the giant human femur and myself above.

C.

Maximinus Thrax Ceaser of Rome 235-238 A.D. This was an 8' 6" skeleton.

D.
Goliath was about 9 feet + or - a few inches. I Samuel 17:4 late 11th century.

E.
King Og spoken of in Deuteronomy 3:11 whose iron bedstead was approximately 14-feet by 6-feet wide. King Og was at least 12-feet tall, yet some claim up to 18.

F.
A 19'6" human skeleton found in 1577 A.D. under an overturned oak tree in the Canton of Lucerne.

G.
23-foot tall skeleton found in 1456 A.D. beside a river in Valence, France.

H.
A 25' 6 " skeleton found in 1613 A.D. near the castle of Chaumont in France. This was claimed to be a nearly complete find.

I.
Almost beyond comprehension or believability was the find of the two separate 36-foot human remains uncovered by Carthaginians somewhere between 200-600 B.C.

Source for the above information:
Joe Taylor, Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum
124 West Main St., P.O. Box 550, Crosbyton, TX 79322
(805) 675-7777 (office) and (806) 675-2421 (fax)
Genesis6Giants.com
http://www.mtblanco.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How about the huge footprints and that humongous thighbone?

radook, if you can't immediately tell that those are hoaxes, you've got a serious fact checking problem. Your link to buy a giant femur is laughable. How many has this guy made and sold? Do you know how much that "femur" would be worth if it were real? Easily 100's of millions of dollars. Yet, you can buy as many as he can make for just $450 + shipping! And his disinformation poster for $50! I hope you haven't sent him your money yet.

In Christ-

Papias

• Agree
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
radook, if you can't immediately tell that those are hoaxes, you've got a serious fact checking problem. Your link to buy a giant femur is laughable. How many has this guy made and sold? Do you know how much that "femur" would be worth if it were real? Easily 100's of millions of dollars. Yet, you can buy as many as he can make for just $450 + shipping! And his disinformation poster for $50! I hope you haven't sent him your money yet.

In Christ-

Papias
It may not seem logical, you were not alive during that preflood time when these Nephilim were on the earth. The mythical stories of history of the gods and titans were of those mighty men of renown, the Nephilim before the flood.
The great flood worldwide, reworked the entire world of that time, burying and crushing many things.

In Amos we read of Nephilim giants.

Amos 2:8-1021st Century King James Version (KJ21)
8 And they lay themselves down upon clothes laid in pledge by every altar, and they drink the wine of the condemned in the house of their god.

9 “Yet I destroyed the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks; yet I destroyed his fruit from above and his roots from beneath.

10 Also I brought you up from the land of Egypt, and led you forty years through the wilderness to possess the land of the Amorite.

God is speaking here, and He says He destroyed them entirely and utterly their fruit, meaning you likely will never again discover any living Nephilim, and maybe not much physical evidence they ever existed. Christ said that right before His return will be like the time of Noah, but Christ does not mean the return of giants.

Upvote 0