US
✟1,101,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
...Because Yahshua didn't break the Torah!

(CLV) Ex 12:22
Then you will take a bunch of hyssop, and you will dip it in the blood which is in the basin, and you will touch › the lintel and › the two jambs fwith the blood which is in the basin. As for you, not one of you shall go forth from the portal of his house until the morning.

(CLV) Ex 12:23
When Yahweh passes through to strike the Egyptians, and He sees »the blood on the lintel and on the two jambs +then Yahweh will pass over on the portal, and He shall not allow the ruiner to enter into your houses to strike.

(CLV) Ex 12:24
Now you will observe this word as a statute for you and for your sons unto the eon.

This means forever.

(CLV) Mt 26:30
And, singing a hymn, they came out to the mount of Olives.

• Useful
Reactions: dqhall

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Then you will take a bunch of hyssop, and you will dip it in the blood which is in the basin, and you will touch › the lintel and › the two jambs fwith the blood which is in the basin. As for you, not one of you shall go forth from the portal of his house until the morning.

When Yahweh passes through to strike the Egyptians, and He sees »the blood on the lintel and on the two jambs +then Yahweh will pass over on the portal, and He shall not allow the ruiner to enter into your houses to strike.

Now you will observe this word as a statute for you and for your sons unto the eon.

This means forever.

Jesus was arrested on the day of preparation for the Passover. The chief priests would not have conducted a trial on the Passover as this would have broken the commandment forbidding work on the Passover. Jesus hung on the cross while they were slaughtering lambs in the temple vicinity for the Passover Seder that evening. The Talmud Pesachim explains the Jewish Passover regulations in use during Roman times.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This means forever.

Yep - Last Supper

NT - Last Supper

I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in My Father’s kingdom.” 30And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Mark 14:26
And when they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

Mark 14:26
And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Last Supper may indeed have been a Passover Seder. Here is some of the scholarly thought on it: Was the Last Supper a Passover Seder? | Bible.org

From the link:

"It was in some sense a *Passover meal, though possibly held a day before the official celebration, in the knowledge that the next evening would be too late."

I some sense? It either was or it wasn't. YHWH laid out very precise instructions for how and when to honor this Moed.

I don't believe for a second that Yahshua led his disciples to pervert YHWH's instructions concerning Passover, and present "strange fire" so to speak, to YHWH.

• Informative
Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This means forever.

Are you saying that a Passover seder was to include putting the blood of the lamb on the door jambs and the lintel forever?

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does YHWH say?
I asked what you meant. Are you saying that a Passover seder was to include putting the blood of the lamb on the door jambs and the lintel forever? If so, then you are saying the Jews don't keep Passover correctly?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I asked what you meant. Are you saying that a Passover seder was to include putting the blood of the lamb on the door jambs and the lintel forever?
What I say is irrelevant. Again, what does YHWH say?

If so, then you are saying the Jews don't keep Passover correctly?

When you say "The Jews;" which Jews do you mean? All Jews don't celebrate Passover the same. Why are you concerned with what some Jews do?

I honor YHWH's Moedim to my best understanding of scripture. Do you follow the Hillel calendar; or do you follow scripture? I look for the new moon here in Texas, after the abib barley sighting in Israel. I also grow my own barley as a backup.

...and yes, I take hyssop to put blood over the Shema, that's written on my doorposts, in both ancient and modern Hebrew. I roast the lamb as the Samaritans do; but I would urge you to study the scripture yourself.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

When you say "The Jews;" which Jews do you mean? All Jews don't celebrate Passover the same. Why are you concerned with what some Jews do?

I honor YHWH's Moedim to my best understanding of scripture. Do you follow the Hillel calendar; or do you follow scripture? I look for the new moon here in Texas, after the abib barley sighting in Israel. I also grow my own barley as a backup.

...and yes, I take hyssop to put blood over the Shema, that's written on my doorposts, in both ancient and modern Hebrew. I roast the lamb as the Samaritans do; but I would urge you to study the scripture yourself.
How have you been hanni

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Which Jews do I mean? The Jews. These Jews -
Rom 3:1-2 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? (2) Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

I do study scripture but you and I understand it differently.

Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Which Jews do I mean? The Jews. These Jews -
Rom 3:1-2 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? (2) Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

I do study scripture but you and I understand it differently.

Those Jews didn't use the Hillel calendar either.

What do you understand differently?

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those Jews didn't use the Hillel calendar either.

What do you understand differently?
You must have an issue with Hillel? :)

What do I understand differently? Probably quite a bit, but how Passover was, is, observed for one. Yeshua would have observed Passover like the rest of the Jews. And there are a lot more scriptures about observing Passover than just the ones you quoted.

• Useful
Reactions: pinacled
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You must have an issue with Hillel?

In as much as I have an issue with the blind leading the blind.

What do I understand differently? Probably quite a bit, but how Passover was, is, observed for one. Yeshua would have observed Passover like the rest of the Jews. And there are a lot more scriptures about observing Passover than just the ones you quoted.

Oh, because Yahshua historically placed the traditions of men over Torah? Not in my Bible translation!

I'm well familiar with the scripture. I have file after file on the subject of the Moedim. I didn't come to my understanding by blindly following the traditions of men.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,469.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

This means forever.

I believe the gospels themselves are conflicted on this matter. The synoptics seem to say yes, while John seems to place it before.

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
10th of Nisan, 3790 Shabbat HaGadol Yeshua’s triumphal entry into Jerusalem ahead of the High Priest bringing in the Passover Lamb. The people have chosen Him, not knowing that is not for kingship but for lambship sacrifice.

11th of Nisan, 3790 Temple casting out the money exchangers in the Temple.

12th of Nisan, 3790 Yeshua ministers in Temple 'The Blemish Check" interrogated by Pharisees, Scribes and Sadducees.

13th of Nisan, 3790 Fourth day in the "house" inspection of the Korban “Pesach” lamb [Lamb of God] Decision made He must die.

Evening starts Nisan 14 Last Supper in the House with the Upper Room "Teaching Passover by Rabbi" At God's command, Moses instructed us to teach our children about the Exodus.

14th of Nisan, 3790 Fast of the First Born Ta'anit Bechorot

Yeshua on the cross – Passover Lamb is sacrificed in temple Erev Pesach

Yeshua is put into the grave sunset Nisan 15th starts Feast of Unleavened Bread

So maybe it is a "teaching Passover" that some Rabbis do.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
10th of Nisan, 3790 Shabbat HaGadol Yeshua’s triumphal entry into Jerusalem ahead of the High Priest bringing in the Passover Lamb. The people have chosen Him, not knowing that is not for kingship but for lambship sacrifice.

11th of Nisan, 3790 Temple casting out the money exchangers in the Temple.

12th of Nisan, 3790 Yeshua ministers in Temple 'The Blemish Check" interrogated by Pharisees, Scribes and Sadducees.

13th of Nisan, 3790 Fourth day in the "house" inspection of the Korban “Pesach” lamb [Lamb of God] Decision made He must die.

Evening starts Nisan 14 Last Supper in the House with the Upper Room "Teaching Passover by Rabbi" At God's command, Moses instructed us to teach our children about the Exodus.

14th of Nisan, 3790 Fast of the First Born Ta'anit Bechorot

Yeshua on the cross – Passover Lamb is sacrificed in temple Erev Pesach

Yeshua is put into the grave sunset Nisan 15th starts Feast of Unleavened Bread

So maybe it is a "teaching Passover" that some Rabbis do.

Yes, as I have been saying for years here, it was a Seudah haMafsekhet.

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0