Visit site
✟481,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
you may be the only other person i know who doesn't watch TV...
Haven't had tv for about 3 years - had it for 2 years before had to cancel it again.
Have netflix, but now the wii died. :D

It's up to the dvd's sent and the computer that chooses if it wants to run the program. ;)

At least i can pick what i want rather than sitting there flippin thru all the stations 10 times in a row only to find nothing worth while is on.:D

But boy do i miss EWTN, the history channel and the discovery channel.

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
never heard of St E

i don't mean to be all negative or anything, but can't help thinking:

wasn't it kind of a bad sign for you that your intended WAS willing to live toghethr b4 marriage??

hmm...

Elisabeth Leseur is not canonized yet. the study of her case for canonization was suspended during war time. her husband was a staunch atheist who gave her a hard time at times but in the end, after she passed away, he found and read her secret diary, converted and became a catholic priest.

regarding my hubby, i know the situation is not ideal but he respects my faith and what comes with it. what i put him through can't be very easy for an agnostic to be put through. he comes to mass whenever his shift work allows him, he supports my participation in the church choir... he does not want to get in between me and my God.

sure, it would be much easier to have a hubby that share the same faith but it seems my whole life, i never did things the easy way. beside, aren't his chances of salvation greater this way? so i trust that God allowed us to be together for a reason.

Upvote 0

GrowingSmaller

Muslm Humanist
Apr 18, 2010
✟49,085.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
:congratm: Absolutely despicable!
You know I thought that in the name of art laughing at obscene things might be consistent with faith. But I was attendind a C of E service today (not as a communicant), and the reading was from Ephesians 5:

But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks.
[snip]
passage touching my heart said:
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit[b]is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord. 11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. 13 But all things that are exposed are made manifest by the light, for whatever makes manifest is light. 14 Therefore He says:

“ Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light.”
quotes from Bible Gateway

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Elisabeth Leseur is not canonized yet. the study of her case for canonization was suspended during war time. her husband was a staunch atheist who gave her a hard time at times but in the end, after she passed away, he found and read her secret diary, converted and became a catholic priest.

regarding my hubby, i know the situation is not ideal but he respects my faith and what comes with it. what i put him through can't be very easy for an agnostic to be put through. he comes to mass whenever his shift work allows him, he supports my participation in the church choir... he does not want to get in between me and my God.

sure, it would be much easier to have a hubby that share the same faith but it seems my whole life, i never did things the easy way. beside, aren't his chances of salvation greater this way? so i trust that God allowed us to be together for a reason.

:) God bless you and your hubby. I am sure He has already. May He continue to do so.

Your post is so nice to read. Respect is a big plus - in any relationship.

Edit: Oh about Lady Ga Ga, to be OT, I don't care for her. Her wearing meat I must say was uck but I don't pay attention to her unless she is thrown into the news.

Upvote 0