Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone know where I can get some? I mean some lab reports, not some bleeding host miracles. That could be helpful too, but since I'm not a biologist and I don't have a lab or even a microscope, I wouldn't know what to do with them.

Lutherans don't necessarily pay much attention to things such as this, though we do believe and confess that the bread and wine of the Supper is the real flesh and blood of Jesus. We differ from our Roman Catholic brothers and sisters in that we don't try and give any explanation for how bread and wine can be Jesus' body and blood, only that it is because He says that it is. The language we use is that "in, with, and under" the bread and the wine (because, of course it's still bread and wine) is the real, true, actual, and indeed literal body and blood of Jesus. How? We don't know. We just believe that when Jesus says "this is" He meant "this is", and don't try and explain it away or over-complicate it through lots of philosophy and speculation. It is what it is because Jesus said that it is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Which isn't to say that such miracles can't happen, it's just that even if they do happen they aren't important. What is important is what Jesus Himself says, "This is My body" and "This is My blood".

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0