Kyle Rittenhouse Case starts

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Given Rittenhouse carrying that weapon to a protest, if anyone had shot him, would they also be able to claim self defense?
Only if he had attacked them first.
Rittenhouse did not shoot anyone who wasn't attacking him. I don't know why so many people see that as irrelevant.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Only if he had attacked them first.
Rittenhouse did not shoot anyone who wasn't attacking him. I don't know why so many people see that as irrelevant.
Were they attacking him becaues they felt threatenned because he had a gun?

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Were they attacking him becaues they felt threatened because he had a gun?
If they felt threatened they should run in the opposite direction, that would be the logical thing to do. Who attacks somebody who is holding a gun? I think there's a fair chance Rosenbaum was trying to commit suicide, and Rittenhouse was handy. In any case, according to police statements there were a LOT of people out there that night who were armed.

This may be going to far, but Rittenhouse was out there trying to help. Maybe he was misguided, but he was trying to help (scrubbing off graffiti, putting out fires, rendering medical aid, protecting the car lot). I think there was a demon spirit active that night, that recognized Rittenhouse as a minor trying to help, and led those people to attack him.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If they felt threatened they should run in the opposite direction, that would be the logical thing to do.
Good advice for Rittenhouse for most of that evening.

Who attacks somebody who is holding a gun?
ANOTHER person with a gun.
I think there's a fair chance Rosenbaum was trying to commit suicide, and Rittenhouse was handy. In any case, according to police statements there were a LOT of people out there that night who were armed.
And yet nobody shot Rittenhouse AFTER he shot two people.

This may be going to far, but Rittenhouse was out there trying to help. Maybe he was misguided, but he was trying to help (scrubbing off graffiti, putting out fires, rendering medical aid, protecting the car lot). I think there was a demon spirit active that night, that recognized Rittenhouse as a minor trying to help, and led those people to attack him.
I think he wanted to shoot someone. That may be going too far but.....it is what it is.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Were they attacking him becaues they felt threatenned because he had a gun?

Rosenbaum took out after him because Rittenhouse took a fire extinguisher to the dumpster they just lit on fire.

Rosenbaum it seems to me should have been left in the mental hospital he was released from that day. All the witnesses (and video shown of him) that talked about him clearly showed the man was deeply troubled, and dangerous. He was going around threatening people, and just trying to fight everything. I think they need to look at that hospital for possibly liability IMO. He clearly wasn't in his right mind.

Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That whole deal was just strange. The Prosecution uses this evidence after that part of the case was over, and then hands the defense a low res video while they held on to the high res.

They were trying to state that it compressed during emailing, but the defense showed that the file name changed as well. I guess drones have file names connected to the model and location, etc. Its a long character name, and what the defense received wasn't anything close to it. IE: cut off for example to shorten file name. It was specific file name, and that was after the prosecution stated they didn't alter it.

That was indeed fishy.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think he wanted to shoot someone. That may be going too far but.....it is what it is.

Doesn't sound like you listened to much of the trial then. Normally, if you want to shoot people? You approach them, sneak up on them - that type of thing. You don't run from them.

He was foolish going there, but because of all the film - and the prosecution's OWN witnesses giving testimony that sided with the defense? It wasn't that hard to put the pieces together. It was just that bad, and that DA was awful. The defense IMO wasn't great either, but it is what it is.

Regarding Mr. Bicep guy? Rittenhouse had plenty of opportunities to shoot him which he acknowledged, and Mr. Bicep guy said he didn't shoot him. It wasn't until he pointed his own Glock at his head did they shoot him. I think the witnesses that spoke about Rosenbaum helped that aspect on his part of the case, because none of the video was very clear. They spoke about how he went for the gun, and lunged at him like he was on a football team. Prosecution Forensics confirmed the stipple on his hands, and the gunpowder on his body that lined up with what they saw. I have never heard of stipple before, and I guess that is what blows out of the gun at the closest range. I don't the skateboard guy was even in dispute that it was justified the way it was presented - along with the video.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums