Visit site
✟12,812.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just wanted to drop a line to say that we here in Northeast Ohio had a rare and wonderful oppurtunity on Thursday night last as the Kursk Root icon of the Virgin of The Sign was on displat for veneration by the faithful at St Archangael Michael Serbian Orthodox Church in Akron.
My wife and I along with several other members of our parish and roughly 200 others gathered to celebrate the Akathist to the Most Holy Mother of God and venerate this marvelous wonderworking icon. I was in awe, realizing that I had been priveleged to venerate the same icon that was involved in the healing of our family patron St. Seraphim of Sarov .
Have any others on this board been able to venerate this holy icon?
His unworthy servant,
Eusebios.
:bow:

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please, if you hear of any wonderworking icons being brought to a church, let us know by posting a note on the Orthodox Calendar of Events so that those near you will be blessed also.

Another wonderworking Icon will be venerated in New York next weekend in the OCA churches. Please see the Orthodox Calendar of Events for more information.

March 11-14, 2004 ..... The Wonderworking Tikhvin icon of the Mother of God to visit New York City - post 9 of the Orthodox Calendar of Events thread

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.