Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I went to a soap making class once and found out that soap is made from tallow animal fat (mostly Pork)
I tried to use vegan soaps but I feel that the antibacterial properties in commercial soap to be helpful.
Since I'm not "eating" the soap do you all think it's ok to use commercial soap even if it might have pork fat in it?
Thanks in advance,
Ronit

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Dt 14:8
and the swine, for it is bisecting the hoof and cleaving the cleft of the hoof, yet it is not stirring up the cud; it is unclean to you. From their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcass you shall not touch.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
and the swine, for it is bisecting the hoof and cleaving the cleft of the hoof, yet it is not stirring up the cud; it is unclean to you. From their flesh you shall not eat, and their carcass you shall not touch.
ok thank you :)
I need to get back to making my own soap

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Through electrolysis, I've been making my own NaOH from salt water, in preparation for making my own castile soap; but I haven't made any soap yet....so much to do.
Yeah but I need those hard Anti bacterial properties

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I went to a soap making class once and found out that soap is made from tallow animal fat (mostly Pork)
I tried to use vegan soaps but I feel that the antibacterial properties in commercial soap to be helpful.
Since I'm not "eating" the soap do you all think it's ok to use commercial soap even if it might have pork fat in it?
Thanks in advance,
Ronit

My interpretation is narrower, and yes, I do believe that since you're not eating the soap, you're okay. If it makes you feel better to find cleansers that don't use pork fat, feel free to do so.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
My interpretation is narrower, and yes, I do believe that since you're not eating the soap, you're okay. If it makes you feel better to find cleansers that don't use pork fat, feel free to do so.
I've tried all the naturals and I've even made my own But i am big fan of Dial and Safeguard :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

To me, this would mean coming across a dead pig somewhere and physically handling the remains. You may feel differently about how to interpret that, and that's fair enough. :)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks in advance,
Ronit
You could try Aleppo soap. It's an ancient soap from Syria. I can't 100% confirm the ingredients though so make sure you check.

Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you :)
There's also Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap. I used that for a while. Both soaps I've mentioned can be used for hair, skin and shaving. They're old school and versatile. Pine tar soap isn't the most "feminine" smell though, if that matters.

Upvote 0

pinacled

walking with the Shekinah
Apr 29, 2015
United states
✟171,798.77
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thanks in advance,
Ronit
The common ingredient of fatty acids in both liquid and solid soaps come from vegetable oils.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Some soaps are indeed made from tallow, but vegetable oils and hydrogenated vegetable oils are more common. Palmolive brand soap generally uses palm oil, for example (hence the name). Check the ingredients for "tallowate" when you purchase.

I feel that the antibacterial properties in commercial soap to be helpful

According to the FDA, there is no benefit to having triclosan in soap. Soap itself is antibacterial (soap, together with rubbing, tears apart bacterial cell membranes). My understanding was that the FDA had banned triclosan in at least some kinds of soap.

See 5 Things to Know About Triclosan

Last edited:
Upvote 0