"Kosher Jesus"

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
There are rabbinic Jewish leaders who seem to want to claim Jesus "back" from Christianity, and strip Him of His uniqueness etc. I am seeing hints of this here and there.
Claim Him back....:thumbsup: That is a good sign.. Our boy is coming home to His own... :clap:... but they need to understand that He is the Lord, the Messiah, the Ruler and they will have to give up some traditions to take on His Authority and live the Way, the Truth, and the Life. It is a different school of Judaism than they may be use to.:amen: Gentiles are not second class citizens in His Kingdom.:bow:

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Claim Him back....:thumbsup: That is a good sign.. Our boy is coming home to His own... :clap:... but they need to understand that He is the Lord, the Messiah, the Ruler and they will have to give up some traditions to take on His Authority and live the Way, the Truth, and the Life. It is a different school of Judaism than they may be use to.:amen: Gentiles are not second class citizens in His Kingdom.:bow:

I wonder, have there been any Non-Hebrew Rabbi's in Orthodox Judaism in the past 2000 years? If so, then who were they?

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
MichaelTheeArchAngel said:
I wonder, have there been any Non-Hebrew Rabbi's in Orthodox Judaism in the past 2000 years? If so, then who were they?

What do you mean by "non-Hebrew?" :) The same as non-Jewish?

Upvote 0

ChavaK

להיות טוב ולעשות טוב
May 12, 2005
US
✟158,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I have heard of it yes but I haven't and will not be reading it. I have zero interest. I have some other feelings about it too but I'll just keep those to myself.
I'm not much interested either....not because I'm worrying about it influencing me into conversion ;) but it just isn't a subject that catches my attention.
However, I can see many Christians being interested in it.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
For this thread, I thought it would be interesting to note a few things about this book, besides it's contents.

It was published in Israel by Gefen Publishing House

There are many comments in the beginning, one of interest is from Dr. Michael Brown that says the book could be titled, America's most famous Rabbi meets the most famous Rabbi of all time.

Bible quotations are taken from the NIV version

The Typesetting was done by a David Yehoshua

Here is Rabbi Botech website where you can keep up with the news about the book

www.shmuley.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gerat_Tzedek

Old Newbie
Jun 7, 2011
Yucaipa, CA
✟7,729.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
That bad...:o

I probably shouldn't have assumed everyone knew that one of the books he wrote is titled, "Kosher Adultery." The title is just a shtick. The book is really about married couples reinvigorating their sex lives by reintroducing such things as seduction and jealousy. It really is a fabulous book.

Upvote 0