Konichiwa from an Athiest

May 21, 2009
Japan
✟7,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Greetings from the land of the rising sun.

I'm a Canadian expat living in Japan.

About me:

I was born and raised Roman Catholic, was an alter boy and a youth group leader.
I started having a lot of questions about my faith and was never satisfied with the answers.

I stopped attending church when I was 18 and latched on to logic and reason, through my love for science, and started to see how my religious beliefs were unfounded.

I finally became an open atheist this year and feel pretty darn liberated!

So why am I here??

I have spent sooo much time on atheist forums that I thought I should re-investigate the theist side of things. And just out of interest.

I try to keep an open mind but :bow: to reason and evidence.

I'm looking forward to interesting and civil discussions.

Cheers!

Reactions: Beckyy25

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
760631s8ucjkcl9v.gif

Welcome to CF! Please let me know if there's any way I can assist you in getting to know this amazing community of faith and discussion. :)

Take care!

~Tati
Co-Chief Angel of the CF Angels Ministry

PS I'm a Catholic, who teaches science and I have my college degree in biology education. My love of science has never effected my faith in God--- it makes me realize what an awesome Creator He is instead to have such a detailed world for us to live in. I'm hoping you can realize this as well :)

Upvote 0

VividViolet

every day is a miracle
Oct 20, 2005
California
✟1,182.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The best evidence I can offer you are the multitude of prophesies from the Bible that came true. The second best evidence is the answer to the question, "Where did love come from?" God bless you, even though not a believer. We all have to have our questions answered, so I certainly understand where you are coming from. (Been there, done that.) Have a great time on these forums! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 21, 2009
Japan
✟7,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF! Please let me know if there's any way I can assist you in getting to know this amazing community of faith and discussion. :)

Take care!

~Tati
Co-Chief Angel of the CF Angels Ministry

PS I'm a Catholic, who teaches science and I have my college degree in biology education. My love of science has never effected my faith in God--- it makes me realize what an awesome Creator He is instead to have such a detailed world for us to live in. I'm hoping you can realize this as well :)

And I'm a planetary geologist working in Japan. So what?

Argument from authority or appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, where it is argued that a statement is correct because the statement is made by a person or source that is commonly regarded as authoritative.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2009
Japan
✟7,642.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Japan, eh? AWESOME! How is it, there? How are the people? I heard they tend to be quite xenophobic.

Been in Asia for about 12 years, Japan for 6. Wow...6 years.
I wouldn't say quite xenophobic, people have changed alot.
The Japanese are not very sociable or comfortable around each other....some of them are actually more comfortable around us gaijin.
I have a love/ like relationship with Japan. Far better than my love/hate relationship with China!
And my wife is Japanese, so can't complain...she won't let me! Haha!

Cheers!

Upvote 0