Visit site
✟1,372,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is going to be in raw form for now, as I am praying this one through, but I had a vision this afternoon of a Koala bear and then a clown with a big grin on his face and then I heard the song, "Tears of a Clown," playing in my mind -

Smokey Robinson - Tears Of A Clown Lyrics

Right after this vision I saw someone I know and love with that same clown grin on his face that looked as though he was covering something up. It was so weird. I believe this one is personal, though I am not closing any doors here. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the relationship between a Koala bear and a clown that was crying tears on the inside because he had lost a love. Praying for the Lord to bring the pieces together.

J

Jeff4life

This is going to be in raw form for now, as I am praying this one through, but I had a vision this afternoon of a Koala bear and then a clown with a big grin on his face and then I heard the song, "Tears of a Clown," playing in my mind -

Smokey Robinson - Tears Of A Clown Lyrics

Right after this vision I saw someone I know and love with that same clown grin on his face that looked as though he was covering something up. It was so weird. I believe this one is personal, though I am not closing any doors here. Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the relationship between a Koala bear and a clown that was crying tears on the inside because he had lost a love. Praying for the Lord to bring the pieces together.

Does the person that you know and love joke around/smile like a clown? Maybe on the inside he is covering up a great hurt.

Cheers,

- Jeff

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,372,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The day the Lord gave me this vision, he also spoke to me through these two passages of scripture in Isaiah:

Isaiah 3:3, 8-9:
…clever enchanter…
Jerusalem staggers,
Judah is falling;
their words and deeds are against the LORD,
defying his glorious presence.
The look on their faces testifies against them;
they parade their sin like Sodom;
they do not hide it.
Woe to them!
They have brought disaster upon themselves.

Isaiah 5:20-21:
Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
and clever in their own sight.

Yes, the clown is sad, but not sad in the sense of repentance and sorrow over his sin. The picture was one of hiding what was underneath and pretending one thing on the outside while being something else on the inside, not just one who tries to cover up his sorrow, but more sinister than that - one who is trying to cover up sin. The idea was one of a clever enchanter who was acting as though everything was ok when it clearly was not.

The Lord has given me several subsequent messages that I believe are very much related to this clown and the Koala bear. The one characteristic I noticed about the Koala bear is that it sleeps a lot, and this first devotional here is taken from Proverbs 6 about the sluggard who needs to wake up from his sleep and who needs to repent of his sin - lies, deceit and sexual sin.

The LORD Hates: http://www.christianforums.com/t7610925/

This second devotional, taken both from the book of Jude about false teachers who pollute their own bodies and also from Revelation 14 concerning God's judgment against Babylon the Great for her adulteries.

Judgment with Fire: http://www.christianforums.com/t7610897/

As well, the Lord led me to the story of Ananias and Saphira and how they had sold a piece of property but how they had pretended to give all the money from the sale of the property to the apostles. The property was theirs and the money was theirs, so the sin was not in giving only part of the money, but the sin was in the fact that they said (they lied) they had given it all, but they had held back some for themselves. The Lord, though, was not giving this story to me in the sense of a married couple doing this together, but the focus was solely on the man. These were the words that were jumping out to me:

"Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart (only I was hearing "his heart") that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the..."

The idea here is that this person is lying to the Holy Spirit of God by claiming to have given all of something, but is holding back some for himself. The theme of all these passages and devotions is two fold:

1. This person (clown) is a liar and a deceiver
2. This person is involved in some kind of serious sin and he is unwilling to repent, and so rather than come clean and confess his sin, he is retreating into sleep, but he needs to wake up.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,372,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A koala bear is very friendly and calm (peaceful) maybe he represents the opposite of the clown

Interesting thought here. I got the impression that the Koala bear and the clown were the same person, so that would fit since I also got the impression that this was someone who was one thing on the outside and another on the inside, but more than that, someone who is deceitful, a liar, manipulative, etc., so two characterizations which are opposite of each other comprised in the same person would fit this characterization I believe the Lord was giving me here. I do believe the Lord is applying this more universally to false teachers, i.e. shepherds who feed only themselves, but whose own lives are corrupt, but have an outward appearance of goodness. He gave me a tune a couple of days ago that was very solemn, and today he gave me words to the tune that I believe goes along with this same message. Perhaps this is to be applied wherever the shoe fits: Wake Up! - YouTube

Upvote 0

C8-@

Infant
Jul 5, 2010
Nowhere
✟10,072.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sue

I think that there may be deceit and deception on both sides if you'll permit me to elaborate.

Whilst the Koala may seem cute and cuddly and totally innocent it is in fact perhaps as two-faced as the clown. It isn't a bear, it's a marsupial, which may have other significance I don't know. After giving birth they carry/hide their offspring in a pouch which they can conceal/cover over at will like a drawstring bag.

The young one remains inside for 6 months whilst it grows, suckling milk and learning to eat the bitter eucalyptus leaf pulp secreted by its mother. The reason Koala's sleep/hide/retire for so long is because the food/leaves they eat have very poor nutrtional value, therefore take a very long time to digest and are in fact toxic to most other species.

Koala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What stood out to me in the words of the Smokey Robinson song Tears of a Clown was the word 'Pagliacci' which is an opera about a cuckolded husband who kills his wife for having an affair. He murders her on stage during a performance they are giving, this is a play within a play and so there is much deception and duality involved also. In addition to this the author of the opera was accused of stealing it/plagiarism from another play.

Pagliacci - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if the clown represents a man's deceit and perhaps a cuckolded husband also maybe the koala represents a woman's deception and concealment? So I am also wondering if their is an undisclosed child somewhere as well?

A face behind a face, a play within a play, a 'bear' within a 'bear'!

Certain other words stood out to me in your second post, sexual sin, adultery, bitter for sweet (may be a reference to the Koala's eucalyptus pulp and milk?) The words of the scriptures you posted suggest to me that someone you know may be publically parading the secret of their sin elsewhere.

I hope this helps, sorry if it proves to be a red herring!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,372,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sue

I think that there may be deceit and deception on both sides if you'll permit me to elaborate.

Whilst the Koala may seem cute and cuddly and totally innocent it is in fact perhaps as two-faced as the clown. It isn't a bear, it's a marsupial, which may have other significance I don't know. After giving birth they carry/hide their offspring in a pouch which they can conceal/cover over at will like a drawstring bag.

The young one remains inside for 6 months whilst it grows, suckling milk and learning to eat the bitter eucalyptus leaf pulp secreted by its mother. The reason Koala's sleep/hide/retire for so long is because the food/leaves they eat have very poor nutrtional value, therefore take a very long time to digest and are in fact toxic to most other species.

Koala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What stood out to me in the words of the Smokey Robinson song Tears of a Clown was the word 'Pagliacci' which is an opera about a cuckolded husband who kills his wife for having an affair. He murders her on stage during a performance they are giving, this is a play within a play and so there is much deception and duality involved also. In addition to this the author of the opera was accused of stealing it/plagiarism from another play.

Pagliacci - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if the clown represents a man's deceit and perhaps a cuckolded husband also maybe the koala represents a woman's deception and concealment? So I am also wondering if their is an undisclosed child somewhere as well?

A face behind a face, a play within a play, a 'bear' within a 'bear'!

Certain other words stood out to me in your second post, sexual sin, adultery, bitter for sweet (may be a reference to the Koala's eucalyptus pulp and milk?) The words of the scriptures you posted suggest to me that someone you know may be publically parading the secret of their sin elsewhere.

I hope this helps, sorry if it proves to be a red herring!

Hello C8 - Nice to see you back! Thank you for your comments. This makes a lot of sense and puts some more pieces together for me. I know this is about deception and I know it is about concealment.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,372,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sue

I was working my way up through this thread when I noticed this, which I think possibly fits with your description of the Koala bear - "I do believe the Lord is applying this more universally to false teachers, i.e. shepherds who feed only themselves, but whose own lives are corrupt, but have an outward appearance of goodness."

Upvote 0