Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I know that I am saved by grace through faith in Christ. I know that he died for my sins. I know my wife did not suffer. I know she is in the presence of the Lord. I know there is no more pain in her body. I also know that we had a plan to grow old together that left me an incredible void. I know that it has only been 40 days sine her death. 40 days closer to the day that I see her again. I know what I'm supposed to do on some level but it is very hard to want to do life. Please pray. Thank you. Kent

Rom10:9

Saved by Grace through Faith
Feb 4, 2022
Oklahoma
✟10,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I want to clarify that yes Christ is sufficient. I am hurting from the loss. I did not want people to get the wrong idea, to be a bad witness. Knowing is only part. We walk by faith not by sight. Christ is our anchor in the storm. I am a work in progress. Learning to lean on the Lord and not my own understanding. His grace is sufficient...

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know that I am saved by grace through faith in Christ. I know that he died for my sins. I know my wife did not suffer. I know she is in the presence of the Lord. I know there is no more pain in her body. I also know that we had a plan to grow old together that left me an incredible void. I know that it has only been 40 days sine her death. 40 days closer to the day that I see her again. I know what I'm supposed to do on some level but it is very hard to want to do life. Please pray. Thank you. Kent
What do you think she would want you to be doing now? Do you have children that you need to help, even if they are adults they can use help. Do you have your estate in order so that when you go to join her it will be easy on your children to do those things that you would like them to do?

Reactions: Rom10:9
Upvote 0

Ice_Bear

Jun 25, 2022
Corvallis, Oregon
✟15,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
we had a plan to grow old together that left me an incredible void

I just lost my wife to cancer earlier this month. Although we had more warning than you, we still always planned on growing old together as best friends and never gave up hoping for a miracle to the very end. I have no answers, but I will pray for you and I can tell you I feel the same. I know her pain is gone and she is happy, but that doesn't stop the pain and the incredible loss I feel from the separation. I keep holding on to the fact that I know she would not want to be the cause of my giving up. God Bless You!

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just lost my wife to cancer earlier this month. Although we had more warning than you, we still always planned on growing old together as best friends and never gave up hoping for a miracle to the very end. I have no answers, but I will pray for you and I can tell you I feel the same. I know her pain is gone and she is happy, but that doesn't stop the pain and the incredible loss I feel from the separation. I keep holding on to the fact that I know she would not want to be the cause of my giving up. God Bless You!
I understand how you feel, you are walking around and now and then you walk into and emotional landmine, it hurts, but you know that your wife is far better off and no longer suffering and you know that she would want you to go on with life and she would want you to do those things that would make you happy until you meet again. Reach out to your family strengthen them and allow them to strengthen you.

Upvote 0