• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Kindly requesting for prayers for my severe depression

OutOfPlace_Christian

Jun 4, 2016
South Africa
✟19,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good day, brothers and sisters in Christ from all over the world. I hope you are all doing well, or at least surviving. I wanted to kindly ask for a moment of your day to pray for me. To pray for God to touch my depressed mind and provide me with some strength, peace of mind, and divine joy to keep going and not cut my time short prematurely, as it gets too heavy sometimes along with life's issues. It's been about 14 years of fighting (Yes, I have seen pastors, yes I have seen psychologists, yes to whatever else you think I haven't thought of trying in the last fourteen years), but by God's grace, He has kept me going. All the credit and glory honestly goes to Him. However, I am human, and I do get weary sometimes. I would really appreciate your prayers, and may God bless your kind hearts.

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I pray in the name of Jesus that our Heavenly Father sends the Holy Spirit to touch you with care and compassion to help lift your mood, your soul and feelings to renewed heights.

Lord, no counsel nor medication can achieve what your glorious touch can accomplish.

God be with you

David

Upvote 0

Tionbai

Sep 12, 2019
Oslo
✟14,667.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good day, brothers and sisters in Christ from all over the world. I hope you are all doing well, or at least surviving. I wanted to kindly ask for a moment of your day to pray for me. To pray for God to touch my depressed mind and provide me with some strength, peace of mind, and divine joy to keep going and not cut my time short prematurely, as it gets too heavy sometimes along with life's issues. It's been about 14 years of fighting (Yes, I have seen pastors, yes I have seen psychologists, yes to whatever else you think I haven't thought of trying in the last fourteen years), but by God's grace, He has kept me going. All the credit and glory honestly goes to Him. However, I am human, and I do get weary sometimes. I would really appreciate your prayers, and may God bless your kind hearts.
Hello, dear friend. I can feel the pain behind the strength in your message. It is clear that you have been through a lot of emotional pain, but you are choosing joy and gratitude. I thank God for your heart.

My friend, please keep your beautiful heart, and remember that it is okay to be vulnerable and honest with Him about how you feel. God does not expect you to go on in your own strength, but to lean on Him for His. It is okay to feel weak and allow Him to be strong for you.

I wish I could give you a hug and some sisterly love. I pray that God gives you rest and peace and covers you with His presence of love and protection. I pray that God will lead people in your path that sees you and makes you feel seen and understood and gives you that feeling of warmth and safety that you have been missing.

Much love, and God bless you so much. Remember that you are so valuable and your life matters. God is not done with you. :heart::heart::praying:

• Agree
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Paulus59

Nov 8, 2016
Australia
✟96,401.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have been battling chronic illness for some years now and depression has been a large part of that battle. I spent over 10 years in deep depression from which I slowly emerged so I know the struggle you go through. Depression is a soul destroying and terrible thing to deal with. Don't give up and I hope that you are able to get the rest you need so you can recover. I will pray for your healing.

God be with you and heal you in the name of Christ Jesus...........Amen.

Victor.

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,626.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praying now!

Lord God I Iift up OutOfPlace_Christian to You right now and I pray for Your intervention in their current situation and for complete healing and deliverance from all symptoms of depression. I pray for all symptoms of mental illness to go right now in the name of Jesus! I take authority over all depression and I command it to go right now in the name of Jesus, I speak life over their mind, brain, and emotions in Jesus' name and I speak peace over their mind, brain, and emotions in Jesus' name!
g

• Prayers
Reactions: Paulus59
Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,626.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey, an idea- if you are struggling you may want to do this. Get some anointing oil and anoint the door to your house/apartment and pray this prayer. "Lord God I anoint this door in the name of Jesus and I pray for a hedge of protection around my house/apartment and that nothing evil would be able to get through this door." This is going to help you alot! I have done this myself in my apartment and there is now a profound difference in the atmosphere in my apartment! If you do not have any anointing oil you can make your own! Just do this- get a cup and fill it with vegetable oil or olive oil, then lay your hands on it and pray that God's power and anointing will be on it and that the oil will become anointing oil. You can also anoint the door to your bedroom and pray as well for a double hedge of protection!
Besides anointing the door you can also anoint yourself for healing if you want if you need it! Just put some oil on your forehead and pray "Lord I anoint myself for healing in the name of Jesus and I pray for complete healing of anything wrong in my mind and body!" I experienced healing when I did this!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lord, I pray for this soul on his emotional journey. May the Lord guide you into his truth and show him the way out of your pain. May He guide you in ways to subdue the depressed mind and provide emotional healing for the broken heart. Dear Lord, please bring good relationships into this one's life to support him in his struggle and help him on his way. Amen.

Upvote 0