Killing Jesus

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God made the heavens and the earth. So things in the heavens first then the earth.

Spiritually speaking if you say you are done with someone and are not willing to listen to them, you killed them. When Adam and Eve decided that they were done with God and were not going to listen to Him, thus they ate what He had told them not to and tried to hide from Him, they killed Him spiritually speaking. And that came back on them.

However, I am not talking about Adam and Eve but us today. Jesus Christ is still the Word of God (not your Bible), the person of God who has the words of God. Jesus explained that all things the Father has are His, which includes the words of God.

So if we decide we are done with God, we are not going to listen to Him, we are going to lean on our understanding of whatever we read or see, instead of seeking Him by faith we are Killing Jesus.

God is omni-present and Jesus (the Word) was in the beginning with God and is God. So have we listened to Him today, or are we not willing to listen to the instructions of the Lord and thus killed Him?

There is a reason that He had to come to earth and die on the cross for all man kind - and it is because all man kind have killed Him. Maybe today we can reconsider and give Him life in our lives for at least a brief period of time today? What is He telling you now?

Reactions: RaymondG

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes I wonder if God emptied Himself into man....Christ the light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world......a light hidden under a bushel waiting to be uncovered.....revealed..

An uncovering which can only be done in silent, stillness..... darkness, for it is stated that they that sat in darkness saw great light.

After which, there is no more I, but Christ that liveth in us.......

I wonder

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
'Thy will be done in earth as it is in heaven'.

Jesus set the example and taught that the governance of the Father, not the governance of man, was what we were to follow, to consign ourselves to. The whole Bible speaks of the failures of man to follow the will of the Father. The end of days is about focusing on the governance of man over the governance of the Father and how that will be reversed once and for all in the end. Yet Christianity seems to want to focus on something else. Could it be that it had to revise teaching the governance (Kingdom) of the Father when the religion itself teamed up with the governance of man to become a governing world power itself?

Reactions: jacks and K2K
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God made the heavens and the earth. So things in the heavens first then the earth.

Spiritually speaking if you say you are done with someone and are not willing to listen to them, you killed them. When Adam and Eve decided that they were done with God and were not going to listen to Him, thus they ate what He had told them not to and tried to hide from Him, they killed Him spiritually speaking. And that came back on them.

However, I am not talking about Adam and Eve but us today. Jesus Christ is still the Word of God (not your Bible), the person of God who has the words of God. Jesus explained that all things the Father has are His, which includes the words of God.

So if we decide we are done with God, we are not going to listen to Him, we are going to lean on our understanding of whatever we read or see, instead of seeking Him by faith we are Killing Jesus.

God is omni-present and Jesus (the Word) was in the beginning with God and is God. So have we listened to Him today, or are we not willing to listen to the instructions of the Lord and thus killed Him?

There is a reason that He had to come to earth and die on the cross for all man kind - and it is because all man kind have killed Him. Maybe today we can reconsider and give Him life in our lives for at least a brief period of time today? What is He telling you now?
We don't continue to kill Jesus. He died once. We kill ourselves when we refuse (to listen to) Him.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't continue to kill Jesus. He died once. We kill ourselves when we refuse (to listen to) Him.
"If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Hebrews 6:6 KJV"

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Hebrews 6:6 KJV"
Anyone can play bible ping-pong...

Romans 6:10 (KJV) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.
(Heb 9:27-28)

Reactions: K2K
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone can play bible ping-pong...

Romans 6:10 (KJV) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.
(Heb 9:27-28)
Many believe Lazarus died twice and enoch never died.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He did die once, but He die for all (past, present, and future) If His death was only about a thing of the past then it was not for all. If it was for all, then we killed Him as much as those before us!!! And this is what we miss!!

We like to say He died for our sins and yet fail to realize that our sin is not listening to Him and following Him! Have we not read that Abram was considered righteous simply because He heard the word of the Lord in a vision and believe it was God talking to Him? Yet we don't listen to Him by faith and think ourselves to be considered righteous because He died once. We say to ourselves, 'I did not kill Him', when we need to be saying to ourselves 'I killed Him just like those before me.' so we can then accept His awesome forgiveness and start listening to Him.

Do we not know that we (you - me - and all people) killed Him? If you don't understand that you don't understand that He truly did die for you personally!! If you are thinking that He died once so you didn't and don't kill Him, you don't even understand you sin against Him!

I remember reading something about Hitler and him blaming the Jews for killing Jesus. Hitler didn't understand that He was killing Jesus, because he was not seeking the Lord and what He had to say!

The first words I heard from Him were "Read Your Bible" and weird spiritual things began happening in my life. One of the strange things that happened was when I got to the gospel and the story of the cross. When I read each gospel story I wound up weeping because somehow an understanding that 'I killed Him' came to me. At that time it didn't quite make sense to me, but I knew somehow I killed Him. That was twenty years ago and I have come to know Him. We talk. Now I understand that we all (including me) killed Him because we don't listen to Him by faith. He stands there trying to get our attention but we refuse to listen to Him, much of the time.

Now if my wife was standing there trying to talk to me I would listen to her unless I wish she was not there and just started ignoring her because I didn't want her there. You understand that would kill my marriage? You understand that if you judged my heart I would be spiritually killing her by not want her there with me. Yet we do that with the Lord and pretend our heart is right with God.

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen to the instructions of the Lord.

Maybe this concept is a little deep for some, but spiritually speaking, you kill Him when you refuse to listen to Him! That is why He took on flesh and went to the cross for all man kind. It wasn't for all man kind if it we today didn't also kill Him. He said, "Father forgive them" - that was for us today too because we kill Him spiritually speaking by refusing to listen to Him

Oh - BTW - we do also kill ourselves when we don't listen to Him, because His words are spirit and are life. Just like Adam and Eve killed themselves when they decided not to listen to Him, we also kill ourselves. But that is why He took on flesh and became the sacrificial lamb for all of us.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many believe Lazarus died twice and enoch never died.
Many also believe Jesus didn't physically rise from the dead. We have to go by what Scripture says...

Hebrews 9:27 (KJV) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He did die once, but He die for all (past, present, and future) If His death was only about a thing of the past then it was not for all. If it was for all, then we killed Him as much as those before us!!! And this is what we miss!!
Yes He died for all our sins...ONCE.
We like to say He died for our sins and yet fail to realize that our sin is not listening to Him and following Him! Have we not read that Abram was considered righteous simply because He heard the word of the Lord in a vision and believe it was God talking to Him? Yet we don't listen to Him by faith and think ourselves to be considered righteous because He died once. We say to ourselves, 'I did not kill Him', when we need to be saying to ourselves 'I killed Him just like those before me.' so we can then accept His awesome forgiveness and start listening to Him.
I do listen to Him through both His Word and Spirit which do not contradict each other. (He even died for the sin of His children not listening to Him as WE ought).

Do we not know that we (you - me - and all people) killed Him? If you don't understand that you don't understand that He truly did die for you personally!! If you are thinking that He died once so you didn't and don't kill Him, you don't even understand you sin against Him!
Please don't assume things about me. He died for sins, ours included...ONCE.

I remember reading something about Hitler and him blaming the Jews for killing Jesus. Hitler didn't understand that He was killing Jesus, because he was not seeking the Lord and what He had to say!
Don't be ridiculous, Hitler didn't kill Jesus...Notice the 5 parties' Scripture names?
for truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place. (Act 4:27-28)

The first words I heard from Him were "Read Your Bible" and weird spiritual things began happening in my life. One of the strange things that happened was when I got to the gospel and the story of the cross. When I read each gospel story I wound up weeping because somehow an understanding that 'I killed Him' came to me. At that time it didn't quite make sense to me, but I knew somehow I killed Him. That was twenty years ago and I have come to know Him. We talk. Now I understand that we all (including me) killed Him because we don't listen to Him by faith. He stands there trying to get our attention but we refuse to listen to Him, much of the time.
He willingly went to Calvary to redeem us from our sins.

Now if my wife was standing there trying to talk to me I would listen to her unless I wish she was not there and just started ignoring her because I didn't want her there. You understand that would kill my marriage? You understand that if you judged my heart I would be spiritually killing her by not want her there with me. Yet we do that with the Lord and pretend our heart is right with God.
You may break her heart and kill your marriage but not listening to your wife does not (physically) kill her.

Maybe this concept is a little deep for some, but spiritually speaking, you kill Him when you refuse to listen to Him! That is why He took on flesh and went to the cross for all mankind. It wasn't for all mankind if it we today didn't also kill Him. He said, "Father forgive them" - that was for us today too because we kill Him spiritually speaking by refusing to listen to Him
That is some strange theology and does a disservice to Jesus' actual death and shedding of His blood for the remission of our sins. You are trivializing His death.

Oh - BTW - we do also kill ourselves when we don't listen to Him, because His words are spirit and are life. Just like Adam and Eve killed themselves when they decided not to listen to Him, we also kill ourselves. But that is why He took on flesh and became the sacrificial lamb for all of us.
On that, I can agree. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes He died for all our sins...ONCE.

I do listen to Him through both His Word and Spirit which do not contradict each other. (He even died for the sin of His children not listening to Him as WE ought).

Do you listen like you should? If so, then what sin could have you made? The fact is that we don't listen to Him like we should! We all have sinned - so we all killed Him! And when tomorrow is today, are you going to listen to Him like you should? Paul explained that he did the very thing he did not want to do - sin - and that is why indeed He went to the cross. So tomorrows actions when they come are included in the reasons He died on the cross. So when you do not listen to Him like you should (when you like Paul do the things you don't want to do because the presence of evil is in you) you are killing Him!

Please don't assume things about me. He died for sins, ours included...ONCE.

I am "assuming" that you are a person included in the statement that all have sinned and falling short of the glory of God. If that upset you then read your Bible. And yes - ours included - I did not say otherwise. We kill Him, today by not listening to Him - though He indeed died once for people's sins past, present and future

Don't be ridiculous, Hitler didn't kill Jesus...Notice the 5 parties' Scripture names?
for truly in this city there were gathered together against your holy servant Jesus, whom you anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever your hand and your plan had predestined to take place. (Act 4:27-28)

So what is a "Gentile"? - Amazing that you write that He died for the sins of all people and don't include Hitler in all people? Still Hitler doesn't appear to have listened to Jesus Christ at all - but you say you hear from Him so you have access to understanding that your sins also put Jesus on the Cross.

He willingly went to Calvary to redeem us from our sins.

Yeah He did - and you notice that you wrote 'redeem us from our sins'. That wouldn't be correct if your sins didn't add to Him being on the cross. You killed Him! Of course not you only. Me too. Our sins killed Him. We kill Him, but He forgave us then for what we do now (kill Him).

There is value in understanding this. Hitler didn't understand this so felt it was alright to blame others (the Jews) and kill them for what they did to Jesus. The Crusaders had the same issue. But if we truly understand that we kill Him by our sins, then it is not ok. So we try to do things right, though like Paul we are doing to do the very things we don't want to do. We press forward seeking the voice of the Lord and trying to listen to Him - because "He willingly went to Calvary to redeem us from our sins! You wrote correctly, do you understand what it means if you don't think your sins also killed Him?

You may break her heart and kill your marriage but not listening to your wife does not (physically) kill her.

Did you miss the fact I explained 'spiritually speaking? It seems so. However, God judges the heart so spiritually speaking counts!

Mat 5:21,22 You have heard that the ancients were told, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT MURDER' and 'Whoever commits murder shall be liable to the court. But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court...

That is some strange theology and does a disservice to Jesus' actual death and shedding of His blood for the remission of our sins. You are trivializing His death./QUOTE]

I am 'trivializing His death'??? Well that was not the reason I wrote this piece. Quite the opposite in fact!!! If you didn't understand that you really misunderstood the OP.

Him and I were talking about this subject this morning. The problem was that people, including me, often fail to understand that their actions today are the reason He died on the cross! In other words, people today are "trivializing His death" by not thinking that they too are responsible for Him going to the cross. We kill Him by not doing things right today! But if we think that He died once in the past and we have forgiveness so we can now do whatever we want, then we don't associate our actions with the cross.

On that, I can agree. :)

Yes - Adam and Eve killed themselves by not paying attention to what He had told them. We are the same way. You know, Jesus didn't actually have to come down out of heaven and take on flesh! You understand that He did that because we (all of us) sin and fall short of the glory of God. Still He did take on flesh knowing how people are - that we people are killers of the Word of God (Jesus) That is to say, we don't listen to Him. Oh, maybe we hear something at sometime but Adam and Eve had heard something at sometime and still ate what He told them not to eat. Then they hid from Him so they wouldn't have to hear from Him. We are the offspring. We do the same thing. Still He loved them and so let Himself be killed by them.

So how to people fail to realize that we kill Him daily? Yeah - He die once - but God and His actions transcend time. He died because we kill Him today. We are suppose to listen to His voice everyday called "Today" but we don't - not like we should. So it is that we kill Him today!

If He died 2000 years ago for your sins "Today" then you kill Him "Today" and everyday called "Today" So we need to start listening for what He says "Today". So let us not say "Oh He died once sometime in the past so it doesn't mean we had anything to do with it "Today". That is "trivializing His death".

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you listen like you should? If so, then what sin could have you made? The fact is that we don't listen to Him like we should! We all have sinned - so we all killed Him! And when tomorrow is today, are you going to listen to Him like you should? Paul explained that he did the very thing he did not want to do - sin - and that is why indeed He went to the cross. So tomorrows actions when they come are included in the reasons He died on the cross. So when you do not listen to Him like you should (when you like Paul do the things you don't want to do because the presence of evil is in you) you are killing Him!
Show me a verse in Scripture that says we physically kill Jesus when we don't liten to Him. With billions of people in the world He would be dying every second.
I'm "assuming" that you are a person included in the statement that all have sinned and falling short of the glory of God. If that upset you then read your Bible. And yes - ours included - I did not say otherwise. We kill Him, today by not listening to Him - though He indeed died once for people's sins past, present and future
That doesn't upset me. What upsets me is your persistence in pushing your twisted idea of killing Jesus when we don"t listen. Nothing can be further from the truth.
but you say you hear from Him so you have access to understanding that your sins also put Jesus on the Cross.
I hear from Him through His Word, and I see nothing in Scripture that says we physically kill Jesus when we don't listen to Him.You can't equate our sinning with the daily killing of Jesus, that's lunacy. I can't even continue this crazy conversation...a time waster.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Show me a verse in Scripture that says we physically kill Jesus when we don't liten to Him. With billions of people in the world He would be dying every second.

First - God is spirit!! Why do we only think if physical terms? Can we not even understand that when people do things wrong it still gets to Him?

1Co 15:3

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

How is it we read that He died for our sins, and not realized that we kill Him with our sinning?

This is an important thing to realize! But maybe we thought that not listening to Him was ok?

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen to the instruction of the Lord

Refusing to listen to the instructions from the Lord makes you a "false son" a "rebellious people"

It is written that all unrighteousness is sin!

So what's right and what's not right? If you come up to a stop sign, should you turn to the right, left, or go straight? What's the right thing to do?

Is 30:21 Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right of to the left.

Have we ever actually listened to Him for instructions when coming up to a stop sign?

The Lord sometimes take me out to yard sales on Saturday mornings. I can go just about anyway and find yards sales at some point, but He starts telling me when to turn right, left, or go straight and things get really interesting. I could give you hundreds of interesting stories just from listening to Him tell me when to turn to the right or to the left. He uses that time to get me closer to Him and to help me understand how He is wants to be involved in my life in the little thing.

So what if you go right when you should have gone left and would have if you were listening to Him? You sinned!! Your sins right then and there was part of why He took on flesh to die on the cross. You killed Him. Yes - He died once - but it was because you personally killed Him!!!! And still we keep not listening to Him!

Fortunately, we are counted as being righteousness because we believe in Him, and not whether we got everything right. His mercy and grace are incredible. Still our not listening to Him, and thus doing things wrong, are (current tense) the reason that He took on flesh and went to the cross then!!!

If we really understand that then wouldn't we seek Him and what He has to say to us more often???

YOU - WE - KILLED HIM! And that because we sin when we don't do things right and you don't even know what is right, only He does. But if you believe He is the Word of God and He is there and never leaves you, then you will be open to hearing from Him and indeed you will seek His voice throughout the day. But if you say in your heart that He died and is either still in the ground or perhaps He is in some far away place called heaven, so that you can and need to lean on your understanding

1 Jn 1:8,9 If we day that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness, If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

So what is happening when we first read that He died for our sins and then say that we did not kill Him? Haven't we just said in our heart that we don't sin. This is not the truth. Maybe we just need a better understanding? So I wrote the OP - yet even that was done because He asked me to, if you care to believe. That doesn't mean I am the truth - please go talk to Him and listen.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First - God is spirit!! Why do we only think if physical terms? Can we not even understand that when people do things wrong it still gets to Him?

1Co 15:3

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

How is it we read that He died for our sins, and not realized that we kill Him with our sinning?

This is an important thing to realize! But maybe we thought that not listening to Him was ok?

Is 30:9 For this is a rebellious people, false sons, Sons who refuse to listen to the instruction of the Lord

Refusing to listen to the instructions from the Lord makes you a "false son" a "rebellious people"

It is written that all unrighteousness is sin!

So what's right and what's not right? If you come up to a stop sign, should you turn to the right, left, or go straight? What's the right thing to do?

Is 30:21 Your ears will hear a word behind you, "This is the way, walk in it," whenever you turn to the right of to the left.

Have we ever actually listened to Him for instructions when coming up to a stop sign?

The Lord sometimes take me out to yard sales on Saturday mornings. I can go just about anyway and find yards sales at some point, but He starts telling me when to turn right, left, or go straight and things get really interesting. I could give you hundreds of interesting stories just from listening to Him tell me when to turn to the right or to the left. He uses that time to get me closer to Him and to help me understand how He is wants to be involved in my life in the little thing.

So what if you go right when you should have gone left and would have if you were listening to Him? You sinned!! Your sins right then and there was part of why He took on flesh to die on the cross. You killed Him. Yes - He died once - but it was because you personally killed Him!!!! And still we keep not listening to Him!

Fortunately, we are counted as being righteousness because we believe in Him, and not whether we got everything right. His mercy and grace are incredible. Still our not listening to Him, and thus doing things wrong, are (current tense) the reason that He took on flesh and went to the cross then!!!

If we really understand that then wouldn't we seek Him and what He has to say to us more often???

YOU - WE - KILLED HIM! And that because we sin when we don't do things right and you don't even know what is right, only He does. But if you believe He is the Word of God and He is there and never leaves you, then you will be open to hearing from Him and indeed you will seek His voice throughout the day. But if you say in your heart that He died and is either still in the ground or perhaps He is in some far away place called heaven, so that you can and need to lean on your understanding

1 Jn 1:8,9 If we day that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness, If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

So what is happening when we first read that He died for our sins and then say that we did not kill Him? Haven't we just said in our heart that we don't sin. This is not the truth. Maybe we just need a better understanding? So I wrote the OP - yet even that was done because He asked me to, if you care to believe. That doesn't mean I am the truth - please go talk to Him and listen.
I have news for you. We fall continually fall short of God's glory in thought, word and deed. It is only by the grace of God we are accepted and not consumed.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have news for you. We fall continually fall short of God's glory in thought, word and deed. It is only by the grace of God we are accepted and not consumed.

That's not new for me - We fall short! Yet that means death! So someone who did and said only what the Father told Him had to be sacrificed for us! Our falling short meant death to Him. We killed Him! So now have we forgotten what are sinning now and at this time meant? It meant and means (because we still are falling short and in need of that sacrifice) that we are the ones Killing Jesus. It might mean we have to understand a bit about what God transcending time means. Still, if we truly realize that our sinning today meant Him dying on the cross, in that we are the ones who caused his death, then are we now not going to at least make a strong effort to stop our unrighteousness? Are we not going to start listening to Him to find our the right thing to do?

That is what this thread is about. We are killing Jesus by our sinning and understanding that should help us stop sinning and start listening to Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
then are we now not going to at least make a strong effort to stop our unrighteousness? Are we not going to start listening to Him to find our the right thing to do?
That is the equivalent of trying to convince a bunch of politicians that putting the will of the people ahead of their own best interests is the way to go. They won't take a stand against themselves any more than mankind wants to give up our will in favour of God's.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's not new for me - We fall short! Yet that means death!
No. It means sinning.
So someone who did and said only what the Father told Him had to be sacrificed for us! Our falling short meant death to Him. We killed Him! So now have we forgotten what are sinning now and at this time meant? It meant and means (because we still are falling short and in need of that sacrifice) that we are the ones Killing Jesus. It might mean we have to understand a bit about what God transcending time means. Still, if we truly realize that our sinning today meant Him dying on the cross, in that we are the ones who caused his death, then are we now not going to at least make a strong effort to stop our unrighteousness? Are we not going to start listening to Him to find our the right thing to do?

That is what this thread is about. We are killing Jesus by our sinning and understanding that should help us stop sinning and start listening to Him.
We are killing no one except ourselves by our sinning. We don't kill God as God is unchangeable.
The only way we can stop sinning is through the death of Jesus Christ.
I am done on this thread. Go ahead and have the last word. I can't continue or I will surely get banned.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is the equivalent of trying to convince a bunch of politicians that putting the will of the people ahead of their own best interests is the way to go. They won't take a stand against themselves any more than mankind wants to give up our will in favour of God's.

Yes - This is exactly our problem as people. It is really called repentance or lack of it!!

If we continually take a stand for our position instead of seeking the Lord and His position it is because we don't want His reproof.

So what really happened at the cross?

We know Jesus didn't do anything wrong. He healed the sick and preached the Kingdom of God. Yet even when the people were given a choice between Him or Barabbas, the people knowingly want the release of Barabbas instead of Jesus. 'The People' that is us. It is how we are. We killed Him.

You killed Him with your sinning. All unrighteousness is sin not just what you think is sin. So you might think it is ok to look with lust at someone if you don't actually get into a physical relationship, but He explained that was not the case. We might think it is ok to be angry with someone if we don't physically hit them. Yet Jesus explained "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty" (Mat 5:22)

So we don't understand that spiritual implications because we think only in physical terms. We say to ourselves "They killed Jesus 2000 years ago - not me" but He went to the cross because of out sins" WE killed Him - we must understand that or what do we think repentance is about?

Jesus is the Word of God and He said He would never leave us, so what do we hear from Him, Today? Because you must certainly be hearing from Him 'Today' since He is always with you and He stands at the door and knocks. He said all those who seek find. And it is written He is the Teacher. So then, how is it we have not come to know we killed Him with our sinning now just as much as they did then, except that we refuse to listen to Him? That is what they did! That is why they did not know who He was!

Not all though, because Anna and Simeon knew who He was even though He was just a child then. So do you know Jesus Christ like Anna and Simeon. Do you listen to Him? His sheep hear His voice.

I went for a walk this morning with Him. We talked about a number things. He started by asking me if I thought we were friends. It is very hard for me to believe He is a friend of mine, because I still get so much wrong. Yet He asked who I would go for a walk with regularly if not a friend? So we also talked about my son's soccer team, my loosing weight this year, and He asked if I would post something also. I don't know if I got the something right, but people need to get to know Him and stop killing Him spiritually speaking by not listening to Him today.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are killing no one except ourselves by our sinning.

The above is the concept we have wrong!!!!!

We think we are killing nobody but ourselves by our sinning.

Romans 8-21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children

John 3:13 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son...

We are sadly mistaken if we think our sinning only effects ourselves!! It effect the whole world!! God created us for a purpose and if you are not listening to Him, so as to be doing what is right, then you are not fulfilling that purpose; which effects everything.

And if was because of that reason that God sent His only begotten Son, and the corruption of men (you, me, and all mankind) resulted in Him being put to death on the cross. That happened because men refused to listen to Him.

We are so drunk with our sinning that we are like the drunk driving a car(our body) who thinks he isn't doing anything wrong because he hasn't hit anyone yet. Still that same drunk has probably been late to work, done poorly when he did show us, messed up his marriage, wasn't helping at church or in other capacities, and certainly was not becoming the person God made him to be.

Oh someone will say -'I am not like that because I have worked hard, made lots of money, and helped out as I thought best' but was that what God wanted and did you do all that in the manner God wanted. Jesus said something about your righteousness exceeding the righteousness of the Pharisees.

So we don't repent because we don't think we are hurting anyone but ourselves. We don't even realize that the Lord of Lord, King of kings, made you for a purpose and you don't know what it is for today unless you have talked to Him. You killed Him, but He will forgive you if only you believe in Him! Yet do you understand that you are not believing in Him if you are not at least trying to get instructions from Him and getting His reproof! He is still standing at the door knocking with His voice, waiting for us to open the door and listen. Yet know, He also said He reproves those He loves. (Rev 3:19:20)

God so love the "WORLD" that He gave His only begotten Son to die for our sins - which included all those saying to themselves that they were only killing themselves without thinking about the effect on the "World" they were having. We kill Him with our sinning. Yet His words are spirit and are life - so are we even going to try and make up for out sinning by trying to listen to His words. He rose again and we can hear from Him, if we seek Him by faith and listen to what the Spirit of God has to tell us. But first you need to repent for killing Him, otherwise you won't seek Him because you will still be thinking that you are not wrong because you are only killing yourself.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The above is the concept we have wrong!!!!!

We think we are killing nobody but ourselves by our sinning.

Romans 8-21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children

John 3:13 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son...

We are sadly mistaken if we think our sinning only effects ourselves!! It effect the whole world!! God created us for a purpose and if you are not listening to Him, so as to be doing what is right, then you are not fulfilling that purpose; which effects everything.

And if was because of that reason that God sent His only begotten Son, and the corruption of men (you, me, and all mankind) resulted in Him being put to death on the cross. That happened because men refused to listen to Him.

We are so drunk with our sinning that we are like the drunk driving a car(our body) who thinks he isn't doing anything wrong because he hasn't hit anyone yet. Still that same drunk has probably been late to work, done poorly when he did show us, messed up his marriage, wasn't helping at church or in other capacities, and certainly was not becoming the person God made him to be.

Oh someone will say -'I am not like that because I have worked hard, made lots of money, and helped out as I thought best' but was that what God wanted and did you do all that in the manner God wanted. Jesus said something about your righteousness exceeding the righteousness of the Pharisees.

So we don't repent because we don't think we are hurting anyone but ourselves. We don't even realize that the Lord of Lord, King of kings, made you for a purpose and you don't know what it is for today unless you have talked to Him. You killed Him, but He will forgive you if only you believe in Him! Yet do you understand that you are not believing in Him if you are not at least trying to get instructions from Him and getting His reproof! He is still standing at the door knocking with His voice, waiting for us to open the door and listen. Yet know, He also said He reproves those He loves. (Rev 3:19:20)

God so love the "WORLD" that He gave His only begotten Son to die for our sins - which included all those saying to themselves that they were only killing themselves without thinking about the effect on the "World" they were having. We kill Him with our sinning. Yet His words are spirit and are life - so are we even going to try and make up for out sinning by trying to listen to His words. He rose again and we can hear from Him, if we seek Him by faith and listen to what the Spirit of God has to tell us. But first you need to repent for killing Him, otherwise you won't seek Him because you will still be thinking that you are not wrong because you are only killing yourself.
Thanks for your opinion, I just happen not to agree with most of what you are saying. I hope that is ok with you.

Upvote 0