Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Wow, I was going to say this is a really old thread someone brought up, but it was one of the original posters! How about that? You mentioned in your earlier post you said
Neither me nor my husband are responsible or unselfish enough to take care of a child, nor do we have the desire to (hey, at least I am honest).

Now that you have one, have you found yourselves more responsible and unselfish? How is it going? Do you enjoy being a parent? Is it what you thought it would be?

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never say never, lol. God has a great way of shutting our mouths when we have the gall to make grand proclamations about ourselves or our lives. Been there!

FWIW I already had a child when I got married, and we will not be having any more. Neither of us enjoy loud, busy, raucous environments, and one child who can talk your ear off is quite enough for us, thank you :) Also because we met later in life (34 and 43 years old) and at that point, starting over with a newborn is a scary concept lol.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
34 is "later in life"??

If you're talking about having kids, it is. It's not "too late" by any means, but it's not 25 anymore :) I didn't say I was OLD... just "later in life" as far as thinking about starting a family.

Upvote 0

mixaleena

Feb 17, 2003
Visit site
✟15,377.00
Faith
Christian
Well...God put me in charge of the nursery at our church and while I adored those babies... I was not quite ready to take one home. Then God changed that too a year or two later and we began actually trying to conceive. 2.5 years later I got pregnant. Had a great pregnancy, horrible delivery and horrible post partum...coupled with a child who cried CONSTANTLY. Thankfully he slept through the night pretty early, but with the ppd and ptsd from the delivery and an EXTREMELY STRONG WILLED child...I have ZERO intention on doing it again. I adore my son...but he is difficult. People/teachers are always telling us 'wow, he has ALOT of energy' and 'He certainly is a handful'. When he was about 2 I had a literal nervous breakdown due to hormonal issues and other previous problems with anxiety. Prayer, medication and our church helped us through that horrible time, but my body just can't handle the fluctuations. Nor do I EVER want another c section! So...all that being said...I love my son...it is NOTHING like I thought it would be...and I do not want to birth any more unless it is absolutely God's will for our life. Although we would love to adopt...hope that answers your question!

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Plenty of women and men have healthy children way past the age of 35.

I was 38 and Melissa was 31 when we conceived Mikayla. So far she is healthy, other than the pyloric stenosis when she was 5 weeks old, she hasn't been sick. She even just got her first ear infection last week.

Upvote 0