Keyes: Cheney's Gay Daughter Is a Sinner.

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, he's right about two things. She is a sinner. We all are. She's also a hedonist. Hedonism is defined as "Pursuit of or devotion to pleasure, especially to the pleasures of the senses".

So, I'm not sure what the problem is? Perhaps his delivery? At least he didn't lie. I'm a sinner too. So is he.

Upvote 0

Law of Loud

Apparently a Librul Moonbat <[wash my mouth][wa
Aug 31, 2004
Seattle
✟10,493.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
Well, he's right about two things. She is a sinner. We all are. She's also a hedonist. Hedonism is defined as "Pursuit of or devotion to pleasure, especially to the pleasures of the senses".
drfeelgood said:

So, I'm not sure what the problem is? Perhaps his delivery? At least he didn't lie. I'm a sinner too. So is he.

I hardly believe you are qualified to judge here as a hedonist Dr. Feelgood. If you are going to take her homosexual tendencies to mean a "Pursuit of or devotion to pleasure, especially to the pleasures of the senses", then I insist that all men and women are guilty of this charge. If you are going to label something so trivial as that (especially when it is likely that you have little knowledge of whether she actually practices homosexuality), as hedonistic, then I am hedonistic, and almost all other humans are hedonistic in our heterosexuality.

The problem with what Keyes said is that he didn't state that everybody was a sinner. He very specifically targeted Cheney's daughter, as if that is the worst of all sins. God forgive me if I am wrong, but I am saying that it is no greater than any other.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does he know she is a hedonist though? Simply because she is gay makes her a hedonist?
tulc(who thinks the Republicans of Illinois should have stuck with the candidate they asked after Ditka said no. But I guess Spongebob Squarepants said he was too busy with his show to run, so they got Keyes instead) :(

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Chi_Cygni said:
Ironic that someone with the name dr.feelgood is complaining about hedonists. Glasshouses my friend, glasshouses.
Perhaps before picking on my name it would have helped to establish where the name comes from. Then maybe you wouldn't look as silly as you do to me right about now. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
K

Kaan

And you know this how? I pray you're not so misguided as to assume she's a hedonist simply because she's gay. Not only would that be hypocritical, but just flat out ignorant.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
tulc said:
How does he know she is a hedonist though? Simply because she is gay makes her a hedonist?
The way I see it, and I can't answer for this other guy as I have NO idea what's going through his head, acting on homosexual tendencies is putting your flesh first, before the Bible. So, in that case, hedonism would be accurate.

And cudos on the Spongebob comment.. That was hilarious :p

Upvote 0

Chi_Cygni

Nov 10, 2003
From parts unknown
✟1,221.00
Faith
Anglican
drfeelgood said:
Perhaps before picking on my name it would have helped to establish where the name comes from. Then maybe you wouldn't look as silly as you do to me right about now. :)
LOL - now you're not going to tell me you're a Motley Crue fan are you? That's even worse.

Upvote 0
K

Kaan

The way I see it, and I can't answer for this other guy as I have NO idea what's going through his head, acting on homosexual tendencies is putting your flesh first, before the Bible. So, in that case, hedonism would be accurate.

And my fears have been proven true. She is not a hedoist simply because she's gay. If that were true, then you're just as much a hedoist as she is. Everytime you have sex, you're satifying your physical pleasures, making you just as much a hedoist as her.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Law of Loud said:
The problem with what Keyes said is that he didn't state that everybody was a sinner. He very specifically targeted Cheney's daughter, as if that is the worst of all sins. God forgive me if I am wrong, but I am saying that it is no greater than any other.
The rest of your post was answered in my address to tulc. However, this I wanted to comment on specifically. I completely agree with what it is you're trying to say here. You should not single one person out and becry that they are a sinner. All of us are equally sinful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Kaan said:
And my fears have been proven true. She is not a hedoist simply because she's gay. If that were true, then you're just as much a hedoist as she is. Everytime you have sex, you're satifying your physical pleasures, making you just as much a hedoist as her.
Your response makes me think you conveniently overlooked half of what I said. Heterosexuality is different. Acting on heterosexual tendencies is not operating in contravention of the provisions of the Bible.

My point to tulc stands. :)

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Chi_Cygni said:
LOL - now you're not going to tell me you're a Motley Crue fan are you? That's even worse.
I'm not going to tell you anything, actually. I'm just going to sit here and let you look silly. I find that far more comical. ;) :D

Upvote 0
K

Kaan

Your response makes me think you conveniently overlooked half of what I said. Heterosexuality is different. Acting on heterosexual tendencies is not operating in contravention of the provisions of the Bible.

Heterosexuality and homosexuality are different sides of the same thing. They are both inherently harmless (and if you disagree with that, I dare you to show me one risk in homosexuality that isn't a risk with heterosexuality) sexual oreintations.

And whether or not something is in or out of tune with the Bible has absolutely nothing to do with hedonism. Masturbation is a good example of hedonism. Homosexuality, like heterosexual is not inherently hedonistic.

Upvote 0