Kevin O’Leary says he will no longer invest in ‘loser’ New York after Trump verdict

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Really ?because his Twitter feed belies that with inflammatory impassioned language
i.e., you disagree with him so now his language is inflammatory???

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
14) Violate the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution (the prohibition of “excessive fines”) by having sympathetic judges level multimillion-dollar fines to bankrupt the opposition candidate during a presidential campaign. The more there is no victim of a crime, the higher fines should be leveled for “damages”.

This one fits right into the discussion.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
14) Violate the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution (the prohibition of “excessive fines”) by having sympathetic judges level multimillion-dollar fines to bankrupt the opposition candidate during a presidential campaign. The more there is no victim of a crime, the higher fines should be leveled for “damages”.

This one fits right into the discussion.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟66,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It’s to be expected from people who are consistently on the wrong side of almost every issue.
Remind me again where conservatives are putting their ideas into practice and showing the rest of us how it's done. Anywhere in the world. No, getting rich off extracting natural resources doesn't count.

Your energy policy is basically "drill oil" while dumping on anything related to efficiency or renewables, because apparently the only way to become "energy independent" is to pump stuff out of the ground faster than OPEC, not make them irrelevant altogether by sucking up all the free energy from the giant fusion reaction in the sky.

Your education policies are typically little more than vouchers that funnel money to rich people and church schools while not improving outcomes.

Your tax policy is just "less taxes" regardless of what we know about taxation and revenues.

Your health policy basically doesn't exist.

Your infrastructure policy basically doesn't exist.

I'd be really interested to know when the last time the right wasn't on the wrong side of an environmental issue. You guys have been ignoring climate change long enough that industry is just working around you.

You'll complain about biased media, yet every chance you have to start something for yourself, you make something far worse.

You're not as war-hawky as you used to be, which is good, but now there are large factions on your side simping for autocrats.

I thought you might've had an immigration policy, but your guys tanked the last deal. At a minimum, the right's immigration policy has long been exclusionary, which, among other problems, deprives depopulating areas of people they need to remain sustainable.

Your civil rights policies is essentially just demonizing the minority du jour until they manage to claim whatever legal rights they were seeking, then backing off a bit and trying to pretend as if your argument was only ever an academic one and not a bunch of vitriol.

Your gun policies have crossed the point of absurdity, where states are removing reasonable restrictions just to virtue signal.

Your crime policies aren't any better than blue states, despite all the finger-pointing you like to do at Chicago.

Your election integrity policies are transparently disingenuous.

And now your party seems to have developed an affinity for tv hucksters whom you can't shake even after they engage in criminality in public.

You know the reason you guys are losing college-aged professionals isn't because colleges make us liberal, right? It's because the Republican party is a clown show and its policies -whatever they are- are asinine. We do things like read books to get a sense of how stuff works, and then we look at the stuff coming from your side and see that it's nonsense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder how liberals will spin, or attempt to try to refute, those facts and analysis from Jonathan Turley.
What's to refute? It's mostly opinion.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If President Obama or Nancy Pelosi or Hillary Clinton once valued a property different that a judge's valuation that they would receive similar treatment?
If they inflated the value of multiple properties in order to get better loan rates, and devalued them to get better tax rates (including lying about details, like the square footage of the property), repeatedly, over decades, I would certainly hope they get the same treatment.

Breaking the law is breaking the law. I don't care who does it, everyone should be held accountable.

-- A2SG, Trump is no exception.....

• Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If they inflated the value of multiple properties in order to get better loan rates, and devalued them to get better tax rates (including lying about details, like the square footage of the property), repeatedly, over decades, I would certainly hope they get the same treatment.

Breaking the law is breaking the law. I don't care who does it, everyone should be held accountable.

-- A2SG, Trump is no exception.....
The lenders do their own estimates, as per Trump's contract. This is a fabricated charge--the law was not broken accept by the judge.

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The lenders do their own estimates, as per Trump's contract. This is a fabricated charge--the law was not broken accept by the judge.
The charge was not fabricated, and the judge did not break the law. You keep throwing these accusations around, and you've been proven wrong several times over.

I'm gonna take a couple guesses here: You're not a lawyer. Nor are you experienced in NY financial law. So your inability to understand the legal issues involved is understandable. What isn't understandable is your inability to realize this.

-- A2SG, face it....Trump isn't worth the worship you're paying him, dude....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,913.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Actually I copied the 8th Amendment word for word but couldn't change the font for some reason and I took off the bolding. The twisting of the law to get Trump is illegal, and it should be chilling to every American. It is not a coincidence that these cases are being brought up during election season. This is unusual punishment, which is a violation of our Constitution, and most unbiased observers would agree.
Yes, you copied it. Good job, you know how to copy/paste it. I could copy my recipe for fluffy pancakes here and it would have as much to do with this case as your post.

I'm sorry, but running for office doesn't make you suddenly immune from prosecution. It's not something that can be used to delay (which seems to be a regular Trump tactic, though not exclusively his). This does nothing to punish him as far as elections go. He's as free to go about doing so, there is no right in the US to campaign.

And you claiming the law was twisted is just an outright lie. There's nothing honest about that statement, it's a lie.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,369.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Isn't he also a very successful businessman in real life?
Therefore, he should be familiar with business and economic laws.
Yes, he should be. But apparently not.
In Trump's case it appears his knowledge of the laws was acquired in order to work around them. At least when Nixon declared "I am not a thief", he spoke in reasonably articulated sentences. I could almost forgive Trump being a fraud, but his egregious abuse of the English language is a step too far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

And you claiming the law was twisted is just an outright lie. There's nothing honest about that statement, it's a lie.
The truth is the law has been twisted to "get Trump." The two-tiered justice system is becoming more and more evident to the American people. As Turley wrote in the post by BPPLEE:

"Even the New York Times agreed that it could not find a single case in history where this statute was used against an individual or a company that did not commit a criminal offense, go bankrupt, or leave financial victims."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,680.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The truth is the law has been twisted to "get Trump." The two-tiered justice system is becoming more and more evident to the American people. As Turley wrote in the post by BPPLEE:

"Even the New York Times agreed that it could not find a single case in history where this statute was used against an individual or a company that did not commit a criminal offense, go bankrupt, or leave financial victims."
How exactly has it been twisted. And before you bring up the NYT thing again, it's worth pointing out that simply because there is no known case of a law being used in a particular way before doesn't mean it's being twisted. Those three things are not required according to the text of the law in question.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟143,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How exactly has it been twisted. And before you bring up the NYT thing again, it's worth pointing out that simply because there is no known case of a law being used in a particular way before doesn't mean it's being twisted. Those three things are not required according to the text of the law in question.
It would be like using sodomy laws to go after someone

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0