Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you know of someone somewhere that does not know the story of Jesus then let me know. If I do not personally go to talk to them there are plenty of people ready, willing and able to go anywhere in the world to serve as a missionary to tell people about the Good News that we can be redeemed through the Precious Blood of Jesus.

14"This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come. Matt24

The world is a big place joshua.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just what is my religion? I know plenty of people that do not like religion and will tell people every chance they get that they do not have a religion they have a relationship. There is sufficient and perhaps even substantial evidence that shows that healthy relationships are essential to good health. So it is healthy to have a healthy relationship with the God that created us. It is unhealthy to have a unhealthy relationship with God. Yet I believe the atonement is two fold. Jesus died to reconcile us with the Father, He also died to reconcile us with each other.

Without God it is just the blind leading the blind. My brother happens to have a PhD in Psychology and has even worked as a director. He is pretty disfunctional as far as I am concerned. In fact he admits that one third of the people improve, one third stay the same and one third get worse no matter what they do to try to help them. That is why we need to turn to the God that created us so we can be restored to His purpose and intent for us. Man made religion may do more harm then good, but a relationship with the Living God that Created us is always good.
I really don't care if you call what you have religion or relationship, I'm still going to refer to it as a religion. That you feel like the word has some negative connotation sounds like a personal problem I do not have. However, not one bit of your post addresses my original one about how plenty of people have had no exposure to Christianity, and will live their entire lives never being exposed to it.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are no Eskimo's that do not know about God. My son happens to be "married" to a Native American Alaskan. He has been to their village plenty of times.

Again can you show me someone somewhere that does not know about the Good news of Jesus in the Bible.
-_- the quote the other person brought up is from the past, obviously. As for groups that have never been exposed to Christianity, isolated groups of people in Africa, Asia, and some islands would qualify for that.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
There are morethat have, i think, in one way or another.
Alive now? Yes, that might be true, in the barest of senses (knowing Jesus's name and the term Christianity). But as for the past, given how long humans have been around, far more have died with no exposure to Judaism, Christianity, or Islam, than have died after being informed about any of those faiths.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-_- the quote the other person brought up is from the past, obviously. As for groups that have never been exposed to Christianity, isolated groups of people in Africa, Asia, and some islands would qualify for that.
I attended a church for 10 years that actually leases a 747 airplane and they make many trips to every country in Africa. The reason for their own plane is that they can go to areas where it is impossible to fly in using a commercial flights. So if you can show me anyone in all of Africa that has never heard the message of Jesus Christ then let me know were so we can send someone to go talk to them. There are no isolated groups in Asia. Everyone in
Asia has heard the gospel. We have been to Asia, we have been to Africa. Missionaries are being sent to the whole world and the gospel is being preached to all the nations. Even it is a standard joke among the atheists that the missionaries came, took our money and left a Bible. So even the atheists testify that Christianity has been preached to the whole world. The church takes missions very very serious. I know a girl that has been to some of the coldest areas in Russia. I know a girl that was a missionary in Bethlehem Israel the city Jesus came from. A friend of mine from the Kingsmans mens group at the church has been on mission trips to India. Another friend of mine was a missionary to Stockholm for a year. I just can not imagine any part of the world that has not heard about the sacrifice Jesus made for us when He went to Calvery to pay the price for our sins.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I attended a church for 10 years that actually leases a 747 airplane and they make many trips to every country in Africa. The reason for their own plane is that they can go to areas where it is impossible to fly in using a commercial flights. So if you can show me anyone in all of Africa that has never heard the message of Jesus Christ then let me know were so we can send someone to go talk to them. There are no isolated groups in Asia. Everyone in
Asia has heard the gospel. We have been to Asia, we have been to Africa. Missionaries are being sent to the whole world and the gospel is being preached to all the nations. Even it is a standard joke among the atheists that the missionaries came, took our money and left a Bible. So even the atheists testify that Christianity has been preached to the whole world. The church takes missions very very serious. I know a girl that has been to some of the coldest areas in Russia. I know a girl that was a missionary in Bethlehem Israel the city Jesus came from. A friend of mine from the Kingsmans mens group at the church has been on mission trips to India. Another friend of mine was a missionary to Stockholm for a year. I just can not imagine any part of the world that has not heard about the sacrifice Jesus made for us when He went to Calvery to pay the price for our sins.
Obviously, if there weren't any people that had never been exposed to the bible, there wouldn't be much point to having missionaries.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Why are you all posting on such an old thread? Hovind has been out of jail, paid for the crime, over and over again on trumped up charges that were worth nothing, but spent as much time in prison as a rapist would have for them. Our society is calling evil good and good evil to an extreme.

How were the charges "trumped up"? He was a tax fraud, and there is zero doubt about it. When you make a whole bunch of deposits just below $10k, you can't pretend that you didn't know what you were doing.

If he had plead guilty right away, he probably would have served a much shorter sentence.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

You haven't given any facts or scientific sources so that doesn't apply to you. You've just made a bunch of personal claims nobody can verify. So give me some facts about missionaries in N Korea. Not from 50 yrs ago but from the present.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Just what is my religion? I know plenty of people that do not like religion and will tell people every chance they get that they do not have a religion they have a relationship. There is sufficient and perhaps even substantial evidence that shows that healthy relationships are essential to good health. So it is healthy to have a healthy relationship with the God that created us. It is unhealthy to have a unhealthy relationship with God. Yet I believe the atonement is two fold. Jesus died to reconcile us with the Father, He also died to reconcile us with each other.

Without God it is just the blind leading the blind. My brother happens to have a PhD in Psychology and has even worked as a director. He is pretty disfunctional as far as I am concerned. In fact he admits that one third of the people improve, one third stay the same and one third get worse no matter what they do to try to help them. That is why we need to turn to the God that created us so we can be restored to His purpose and intent for us. Man made religion may do more harm then good, but a relationship with the Living God that Created us is always good.

[ri-lij-uh n]
noun
1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

Christianity is a religion by definition and you identify as a Christian, so it is your religion. A Christian is a follower of Christ by definition, which is a relationship, so it is a religion composed of people who are in a relationship with Christ.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Alive now? Yes, that might be true, in the barest of senses (knowing Jesus's name and the term Christianity). But as for the past, given how long humans have been around, far more have died with no exposure to Judaism, Christianity, or Islam, than have died after being informed about any of those faiths.
And that's why some purport the Bible is written for these times, because there are billions of people now, and global communication helps also.

I don't think God will blame an unbeliever for never having heard the story.
That would be silly i.m.o.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
And that's why some purport the Bible is written for these times, because there are billions of people now, and global communication helps also.

I don't think God will blame an unbeliever for never having heard the story.
That would be silly i.m.o.
You would hope so, but then, why spread your religion if you guarantee the salvation of people by keeping them ignorant of scripture? You save more by keeping silent; forget about biblical encouragement to spread scripture, because nothing says you will have a worse afterlife if you and others don't do that.

Think about it. If you were to encounter a group of people that had never been exposed to any biblical concepts, what would benefit them more in the long run: teaching them about the faith and inevitably having some individuals not believe it and go to hell, or saying nothing, and allowing the surely reasonable god to pardon them all for their ignorance? Shouldn't salvation be more important than spreading scripture?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To every country in Africa? I dont belive you, do you have any idea how big Africa is? How many countries it contains?
Of course I do. The pastor is 94 years old and he is still going to different countries in Africa holding Crusades. Also we have been involved with http://www.christembassy.org/2015/Home/

Even my sister in law went to one of Paster Chris healing crusades in Africa. People need healing and the news that people are being healed at these crusades spread to all the people everywhere.

"Through an anointed ministry spanning over 25 years, Pastor, teacher, healing minister, television host and bestselling author Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (PhD) has helped millions experience a victorious and purposeful life in God’s word. He is the author of the bestseller Rhapsody of Realities, the number one daily devotional around the world. Several millions of copies of the best-selling daily devotional and Bible-study guide have been distributed in over 242 countries in over 402 languages of the world including Afrikaans, Arabic, Cantonese, Croatian, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Icelandic, Italian, Mandarin, Myanmar, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili…and still counting! New languages are added regularly, making the devotional accessible to many more in different parts of the globe, thus bringing the richness of God’s Word into their lives. Little wonder the devotional, oftentimes, is referred to as the, “Messenger Angel”. Presiding over an ever-widening network of Christ Embassy Churches and campus fellowships on all five continents, Pastor Chris also pastors one of the largest congregations in Africa. He holds massive teaching and healing crusades like the Higher Life conference and Night of Bliss with crowds of over 3.5 million in a single night’s event."

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That does not say "every country in Africa" as you claimed.
I have already answered this question many times to explain to people the extent the Church goes to in preaching the gospel to the whole world. We want to know if there is anyone anywhere that has not heard the gospel preached to them. There are people that take the call to evangelize the entire world very, very, very serious.

Even we are here trying to help skeptics and scoffers to understand the truth. It would not even make any sense to do that if we did not believe. If we did not believe with our whole heart the message God has given us to take to the lost and those destine to perish. Paul talks about the sacrifice he made in his day:

Paul's Sufferings and Service
25Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep. 26I have been on frequent journeys, in dangers from rivers, dangers from robbers, dangers from my countrymen, dangers from the Gentiles, dangers in the city, dangers in the wilderness, dangers on the sea, dangers among false brethren;27I have been in labor and hardship, through many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.…2cor11

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jay Follett

Mar 6, 2016
UK
✟1,705.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
There is always a counterfeit. You can not have a counterfeit if there were not something real to try to copy or duplicate.
They are all counterfeits, they all play the same game and the people fall for it the way they always have, there is a mug born every minute, ignorance fuels it and education kills it.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is always a counterfeit. You can not have a counterfeit if there were not something real to try to copy or duplicate.

The "real" ones should take up James Randi's challenge, then use the money they win for charitable purposes.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are all counterfeits, they all play the same game and the people fall for it the way they always have, there is a mug born every minute, ignorance fuels it and education kills it.

It is very difficult to go beyond the placebo effect, but you do not really have to. The placebo effect alone is beneficial. In fact a LOT of Medical doctors sell little more then a placebo effect. Even there is surgery today that has little more then the placebo effect. The body has an amazing ability to be able to heal itself, only you need to set up the right conditions.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The "real" ones should take up James Randi's challenge, then use the money they win for charitable purposes.

Too late. The challenge had end dates that were always extended until recently:

http://web.randi.org/the-million-dollar-challenge.html

http://web.randi.org/home/jref-status

JREF Status
9/1/2015

Since James Randi's retirement earlier this year, the Board has considered how to continue the Foundation without his direct involvement.

The Board has decided that it will convert the foundation into a grant making foundation.

Starting in 2016, we will be making grants to non-profit groups that we believe are promoting activities that encourage critical thinking and a fact-based world view. We expect to make a small number of grants each year totaling approximately $100,000 per year. We will NOT accept suggestions, applications or proposals for these grants. We hope they will come as a pleasant surprise to the recipients, just as Randi's MacArthur foundation grant was a pleasant surprise to him.

As we will only be making grants in the future, we think it appropriate to stop accepting memberships and donations. Any donations received before December 31, 2015 will be tax deductible.

We plan on continuing the Million Dollar Challenge as a means for educating the public about paranormal claims, but the process for consideration of claims has been changed effective September 1, 2015. No application submitted under the previous procedures or relying in whole or in part on the previously published terms of the Challenge will be considered.

Over the years, we have spent a great deal of time dealing with claims ranging from yet another dowsing claim to some VERY eccentric and untestable claims. The overwhelming majority refused to fill out the application or even state a claim that can be tested. Some of them show up in person and demand to be tested while they wait. We can no longer justify the resources to interact with these people.

Effective immediately, JREF will no longer accept applications directly from people claiming to have a paranormal power. Previously available Application Forms shall not be used and will be rejected without any review of the contents. We anticipate providing minimum required protocols for the preliminary test early next year. No one should make any effort to pursue the Challenge until those minimum required protocols are issued. The only exception is that any established psychic may contact JREF via email to be tested directly (preferably with an independent, third party TV crew.)

It's been a great nineteen years and we thank you for your interest and support.

The Board of Directors of
The James Randi Educational Foundation

Upvote 0