Maryland
Visit site
✟10,083.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
that is right tm

it is real sad how so many Pastors and ministers are putting so much time and energy into criticising! I wonder how much finances goes into books and websites aimed at attacking other ministries in comparison... what a waste, it go be so much better spent in reaching people!

sadly Christians love to criticise anything that does 'does not fit their mold'

We should be willing to break and change 'our mold' to line up with the BIBLE! but many would rather hold to theirs than change and go with the Word.

God Bless

years ago I was involved in apologetics, studying the watchtower org etc.
my conclusion was this, to debate theology seems to wear down a persons spirit, and conversions were slim. seeds planted perhaps.

not too long ago I was involved in debating with Hersey hunters, here is one of my videos. it turns out the person I was debating is actually an atheist, quoting word for word out of Christianity in crisis. OK right!!!LOL

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=cdad370f47f20610e2e2

I have come to the conclusion I will do what God commands us to do in His Word, and then the people will get saved and healed. and throw away theology and philosophy. God's Word is the truth, the rest is religion.
and people are getting healed and saved in the name of Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tm2cruz

Jesus Freak - Yeshua is my Best Friend
Nov 13, 2008
Canada
Visit site
✟15,834.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
years ago I was involved in apologetics, studying the watchtower org etc.
my conclusion was this, to debate theology seems to wear down a persons spirit, and conversions were slim. seeds planted perhaps.

not too long ago I was involved in debating with Hersey hunters, here is one of my videos. it turns out the person I was debating is actually an atheist, quoting word for word out of Christianity in crisis. OK right!!!LOL

I can't view the vid...

I have come to the conclusion I will do what God commands us to do in His Word, and then the people will get saved and healed. and throw away theology and philosophy. God's Word is the truth, the rest is religion.
and people are getting healed and saved in the name of Jesus.

Yeahhh!!!
Thanks for posting this video! God is really great eh? ;)

Upvote 0

tm2cruz

Nov 13, 2008
Canada
Visit site
✟15,834.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Bob Yandian has a wonderful sermon where he talks about simply putting forth the truth and letting the truth expose the error.

If people see how wonderful Christianity is, you won't need to defend it from the heresies which don't produce a life of victory and peace.

I agree but we can't expect all of them to believe us eh?

"that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke: “ Lord, who has believed our report?And to whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?”"
-John 12:38

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Let me first state I have no quarrel with a person's belief and if that includes WOF teaching so be it. many of my friends here on CF call this their denomination. I also extensively read and studied Kenneth Hagin's teaching. I respect his Faith and His great dependence on the Word of God for all direction in His life. As a former Baptist like myself (now spirit filled) I could clearly recognize that he had a respect and love for God's word and believed the Lord when He spoke of the Holy Spirit's ministry to the believer. We even had the joy of hearing him when he ministered here in Vancouver. He even prayed for my son who was born with Spina Bifida. It was a great blessing to me. it is so important to press into God and allow His Holy Spirit to direct our lives and our prayer focus. However, I have had many issues with teachers that have followed him and so formed a WOF denomination seperate from the charismatic and pentecostal movements. Our church in the early 80's in the midst of revival was presented with the prosperity and healing teaching of the Wof presuasion. Unfortunately it was not presented in a balanced and way at that time, choosing to focus exclusively on our part in confession and claiming and little on the sovereignty and will of the Lord. Any time this was discussed a very leagalistic postition of "Well it is in the Word so it must be your lack of faith" was presented. Many baby Christians were injured spiritually at this time as they prayed and saw no immediate answere to their prayers. They were not taught about patience and long suffering and pressing in with Faith as our examples in Hebrews 11 did. Recently from t he world they were drawn in by the promise of health wealth and what not. They lacked the other spokes of the wheel of balanced teaching to keep their Faith rolling on the right path. It is true "we have not because we ask not" but it is also true that we often "ask amiss" as James states in his letter. I recommend reading that entire letter so won't insert scripture reference at this time. This doctrine did great damage to our church that was in revival at the time and as I said many new believers were turned away as they saw the cold and legalistic way these teachings were presented. We had numerous guest speakers form Rhema and other WOF centres in the states visit our church and the gospel seemed very worldly focused most of the time. The big car the best house always wealthy healthy etc. There are other diffuculties I have as well as with their understanding of the doctrine of the atonement. I would not cry heresy but I do not agree that it is the closest thing to Biblical Christianity. Peace gratefulgrace

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ijust realize that I am on the Wof forum If I am not allowed to share here I apologize I thought this was jsut a general Spirt filled fourm. gratefulgrace

I forgive you, gratefulgrace.

Hugs-2.jpg

Reactions: gratefulgrace
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it not depressingly sad that a man of God who gave his life to the ministry, who contributed so much to the kingdom of God, and who has blessed untold millions with his ministry.... that this man of God and all that he has done is reduced to a single phrase on a heresy hunter website, and based on some obscure misquoted and misinterpreted word, is signed off a heretic.
What a sad word we live in. What sick people live in this world who will attempt to do such a thing to this man who I consider the father of the faith of many people living today.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is it not depressingly sad that a man of God who gave his life to the ministry, who contributed so much to the kingdom of God, and who has blessed untold millions with his ministry.... that this man of God and all that he has done is reduced to a single phrase on a heresy hunter website, and based on some obscure misquoted and misinterpreted word, is signed off a heretic.
What a sad word we live in. What sick people live in this world who will attempt to do such a thing to this man who I consider the father of the faith of many people living today.

It's sedition in my books and it scripture tells us that those who commit sedition and gossip are not included in the Kingdom. Sooooo... I don't pay any mind to heresy hunters. They have forfeited their reward.

Upvote 0

tm2cruz

Nov 13, 2008
Canada
Visit site
✟15,834.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ijust realize that I am on the Wof forum If I am not allowed to share here I apologize I thought this was jsut a general Spirt filled fourm. gratefulgrace

No, I like it... We're in the "Word of Faith" forum so it should be fine. By the way, I totally agree with you because some of them thinks it is all about ourselves so it turns out selfish. Can you give me more scripture reference about Word of Faith and about asking God what is really biblical and what aren't? I only have one scripture that explains everything about what you're talking about. Matthew 6:33...
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
The point is, if we're doing God's kingdom stuffs and His righteousness, all our needs for the kingdom stuffs will be supplied. Like sowing and reaping. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tm2cruz

Nov 13, 2008
Canada
Visit site
✟15,834.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Well, unfortunately... They're just limited by their own human theologies... They just love to criticize to make themselves pure. They're like trying to say they're the only denomination that follows God. So sad eh?

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I ended up very confused and went to a seminar about 1982 put on by a visiting Bible Teacher sorry I can't remember the name. It was called In the Secret of His Presence. It really explained lots to me and made me realize that we must never put the blessing or request for blessing ahead of the personal relationship with the living God. It is only in His presence that we receive the direction for our lives in accordance with His word to fuel out faith. Then it is true Faith and not presumption. This may be old news to many in the Wof denomination but it cleared up much confusion at the time. Merry Christmas to All. gg.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.