Keep a word, Drop a word

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hard Water (which we have about the hardest any place in America has and it eats through faucets every 3 to 6 years and destroys dish washers and washing machines in 3 to 6 years. We cannot drink it, but use it for bathing and washing things. :( )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rhawk

I'm a CAT-HOLIC, proud cat parent & Catholic.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Montana
✟420,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Can't they treat the water? It seems outrageous to live in a developed country and not be able to drink the tap water.
If you know hardness levels in grains, most common areas with "hard water" have 4 to 12 grains. About the best water softener you can get will handle at most 20 grains, but not make it perfect. Our well was tested by 2 well companies and cullagen and all were shocked at 261 grains and 2 rechecked! Not possible to "soften" it. It is not hard to live without drinking from the tap. We use distilled water for the cats and cooking and bottled water for drinking. You get used to it. Better than if I lived in northern Alaska where permafrost prevents wells being dug and if you are out of a town with water supplied by pipes, you wither have a huge tank you have filled OR you live without running water.

Good Luck -> Good Trade

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.