Kansas Militia Members Known as 'The Crusaders' Wanted to Kill Muslims

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Kansas Militia Members Known as 'The Crusaders' Wanted to Kill Muslims
The plot to bomb an apartment complex housing Somali immigrants in western Kansas was just the beginning of a plan by three militia members to “exterminate cockroaches,” a prosecutor told jurors Thursday.

“Defendants wanted to send the message Muslims are not welcomed here — not in Garden City, not in Kansas, not in America,” prosecutor Risa Berkower said.

Defense attorney dismisses Kansas militia members' violent, racist conversations as 'locker room talk'
Three Kansas militia members are accused of plotting to blow up an apartment complex housing Somali immigrants they called “cockroaches” — but the defense attorney dismissed their violent conversations as “locker room talk.”

Gavin Wright, Patrick Stein and Curtis Allen are charged with conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction to detonate truck bombs in the meatpacking town of Garden City, 220 miles west of Wichita.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I thought locker room talk is about sexual harassement and not about bombing attacks.
i think its more like depraved and crass bragging that ends up being more true than what is said outside the locker room.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I'm starting to wonder what kind of locker rooms people are having these conversations in...

That's a phrase that's going to be utterly meaningless in a other 3 years. If they were trying to build bombs, or had been learning to build bombs, or bought bomb materials...or really any combination of two of those...then this was a good arrest and these idiots deserve some jail time.

I don't think it's necessary to wait until the moment they're leaving a bomb at an apartment complex to put a stop to their actions. Sadly, a jury might think otherwise.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have to be honest...

If I believed even 50% of the dribble that is spouted over and over again on Fox News and Alt Right Wing Radio and Podcasts day in and day out...

Then it makes a lot of sense to take "the War" to Muslims and to kill all the Muslims in the US...

What I mean is this, words have meaning, words have power. If you say over and over again, "Muslims are evil, Muslims are trying to destroy America..."
If you HONESTLY believe it, then actions such as these are a natural and logical consequence.

Words have power, beliefs have power, and when people believe vile rhetoric meant to be polarizing and rally the troops, yada yada yada, then crap like his happens.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2018-3-28_10-42-17.jpeg

This thread has went through a clean-up of
flaming/goading and off-topic posts; please do not post these kind of posts.
Carry on.

Upvote 0