Feb 21, 2012
✟437,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
To be fair, VP isn't typically a big deal type of position unless the President dies in office. There are exceptions like the Bush Administration's which was half run by Cheney. She has been assigned an issue, but it's extremely complex and she hasn't touched it because it would ruin her political capital in the future. Better to do nothing about it and claim a behind the scenes effort later.

Remember a guy named Mike Pence? He was the window dressing for the Christian vote. Remember all the stuff he accomplished? Me neither.

Well except one thing. He refused to lie about the election for Trump. Despite the scandal of January 6th...you rarely hear any appreciation for the integrity of Pence. He did the right thing, when it benefitted him least and the US most. He had to know no one was going to thank him. He did it anyway.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
To be fair, VP isn't typically a big deal type of position unless the President dies in office. There are exceptions like the Bush Administration's which was half run by Cheney. She has been assigned an issue, but it's extremely complex and she hasn't touched it because it would ruin her political capital in the future. Better to do nothing about it and claim a behind the scenes effort later.

Normally that would be true, but there have been questions of Biden's mental competence and those questions rather than diminishing have grown. Biden was always a gaffe machine, but he is looking more and more like an old man in the highest office of the land with only half his engine cylinders firing.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"It’s clear that you’re not working with somebody who is willing to do the prep and the work," the staffer said. "With Kamala you have to put up with a constant amount of soul-destroying criticism and also her own lack of confidence. So you’re constantly sort of propping up a bully and it’s not really clear why."

quote from a staffer in a recent Washington post article

Kamala Harris is a 'bully,' former staffer tells the Washington Post

Kamala Harris described as a 'bully' and 'soul destroying' boss
In what way is this important at all? Might as well be an article on what someone thinks about what color of tissues she uses to blow her nose. Why would/should/does anyone care at all?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Normally that would be true, but there have been questions of Biden's mental competence and those questions rather than diminishing have grown. Biden was always a gaffe machine, but he is looking more and more like an old man in the highest office of the land with only half his engine cylinders firing.
On his worst day Biden is a mental giant compared with EX President Trump.

• Agree
Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not sure if it's just a disgruntled former employee or if it's legit...

Can't say I'd be terribly shocked either way.

I assume most politicians at the federal levels are bullies. (basing that on their behavior that I've observed) You don't get to those levels of political power without "stepping on a few people", bending the truth, and have a bit of a "ruthless pursuit of career goals".

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
On his worst day Biden is a mental giant compared with EX President Trump.

That may be a tad generous. Let's just go with "slightly less terrible" in the interest of objectivity lol. They've both had some pretty bad days based on the footage I've seen.

I'm pretty sure neither of them could win a 6th grade spelling bee or pass a 9th grade algebra test.

I think there's a strong case to be made that perhaps a maximum age for getting elected could be more beneficial than the minimum age at this point. Not that I'm particularly thrilled at the idea of a 22 year old running the country, but I think there are also drawbacks to putting a person in such a position when they're at the age where most people need reminders to take their blood pressure medication.

When the founders were setting age requirements for federal elected offices, given what the life expectancy was back then, I can't imagine they could fathom that there could be 2 people in their mid-upper 70's competing for the top job in the land.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That may be a tad generous. Let's just go with "slightly less terrible" in the interest of objectivity lol. They've both had some pretty bad days based on the footage I've seen.

I'm pretty sure neither of them could win a 6th grade spelling bee or pass a 9th grade algebra test.

I think there's a strong case to be made that perhaps a maximum age for getting elected could be more beneficial than the minimum age at this point. Not that I'm particularly thrilled at the idea of a 22 year old running the country, but I think there are also drawbacks to putting a person in such a position when they're at the age where most people need reminders to take their blood pressure medication.

When the founders were setting age requirements for federal elected offices, given what the life expectancy was back then, I can't imagine they could fathom that there could be 2 people in their mid-upper 70's competing for the top job in the land.
I would think that each major party could find younger candidates. But of the two, Biden is the mental giant. No contest.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I would think that each major party could find younger candidates. But of the two, Biden is the mental giant. No contest.

There are younger (much much better candidates) for both sides, but I don't think either party is necessarily striving for "better" just who they think can win.

I would still have to respectfully disagree with regards to the other part. I don't think Biden is necessarily all that much smarter or more coherent than Trump. I think Biden is less of an ego-maniac, so at least had the foresight to listen to advisors on certain things, as to where Trump is more the type who will just keep firing people until he finds someone who tells him his poop smells like roses.

I don't see "intelligence" and "delusion" as being on the same spectrum.

I basically had to grit my teeth to vote for Biden this last time around. Trump is clearly more delusional, but I don't think being delusional is necessarily a direct reflection on overall intelligence levels.

Steve Jobs was pretty delusional about some things, but he wasn't a "stupid" guy per say.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are younger (much much better candidates) for both sides, but I don't think either party is necessarily striving for "better" just who they think can win.

I would still have to respectfully disagree with regards to the other part. I don't think Biden is necessarily all that much smarter or more coherent than Trump. I think Biden is less of an ego-maniac, so at least had the foresight to listen to advisors on certain things, as to where Trump is more the type who will just keep firing people until he finds someone who tells him his poop smells like roses.

I don't see "intelligence" and "delusion" as being on the same spectrum.

I basically had to grit my teeth to vote for Biden this last time around. Trump is clearly more delusional, but I don't think being delusional is necessarily a direct reflection on overall intelligence levels.

Steve Jobs was pretty delusional about some things, but he wasn't a "stupid" guy per say.
Steve Jobs isn’t running. If Trump were as smart as Biden, He would have had a 70% approval rating and won in a landslide with 400 Electoral votes.

Upvote 0