✟12,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone!! ^_^
I'm currently wondering if there are any K-pop groups that make songs/dances that I could listen to/dance to in good conscience.

Before I followed Christ, I loved K-pop very, very much. I did spend an inordinate amount of time watching K-pop related content back then, but as I became a Christian, I began to watch less and less, and certain things began to bother me more and more.

There are extremely evil things about the K-pop industry that everyone knows about, everyone who's a fan will talk about how utterly corrupt and terrible it is... but do little to nothing about it, and keep funding the efforts of the companies.
Performers are objectified, sexualized, and demeaned by their own companies. The fans are insane... they foster unhealthy and idolatrous obsessions for these K-pop performers. I mean, they're called "k-pop idols" after all, and that's what many people treat them as: idols to worship. It's modern idolatry at its finest. It's honestly sickening, but money-hungry companies encourage this for more and more profit. Several K-pop performers and others involved in this industry have hurt themselves and even committed suicide because of the horrible treatment they receive.

With the way that a lot of women in this industry are stripped of their dignity and humanity and treated as objects, I'm unsurprised that I often viewed myself in a very negative light during the period when I was consuming this content the very most.

These are obviously NOT what I liked K-pop for. But before I became a Christian, the other horrible things did not bother me. The excessive use of the Lord's name in vain, the suggestive dance moves and lyrics, the crude language, and the immodest and skimpy clothing characterize many groups. So many of these performers are looked at as sexual objects to pick apart. It's revolting.

There are many singers in the industry who are nominally Christian, but their fruit indicates otherwise. One singer, in particular, is playfully nicknamed a "church girl" by fans for her supposed Christian faith, but sings about having sex with whoever she pleases and thinking little of it.

Anyway.. while I despise these things, I do really enjoy certain aspects of K-pop! I love the genre and how the music sounds. If you're familiar with the genre, I'll give you a sense of my taste: I love songs like Secret by WJSN, The Fifth Season by Oh My Girl, Impurities by Le Sserafim, and Bad Boy by Red Velvet. These songs are just.. so good.. their smooth composition, magical sound, and fusion of different genres is so lovely!
I also absolutely love K-pop dances!! I love learning sharp, complex routines. Dance is really the only type of exercise I truly enjoy!!! I learn songs like "Guerrilla" by Ateez and "Antifragile" by Le Sserafim.

Those aspects of K-pop are truly great.
It's totally fine if you guys don't have any suggestions, I haven't been listening to K-pop or learning choreographies for a few months now just from disillusionment and a desire to glorify God with my free time. However, if you all know of any groups that perform modestly and do not dishonor God with their music or dance, that would be MUCH appreciated!! It would be great if a few members are Christian, too. Also, I don't want to listen to any group under a company that mistreats its employees. No way am I funding that or giving any of those videos any views.

The group Gfriend fits most of these criteria, but I don't love the suggestive themes in some of their songs, such as Apple. But, 5 out of 6 members of that group are Christian!
I could just listen to them, but if you guys have any other ideas (or general opinions), that would be awesome!
I don't mind if they're merely K-pop adjacent, either. But I would love to learn new dance routines.

Thank you all very much for reading!

Reactions: jintercession

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My son does.. I love the music .. all music but all of music as Christ would say has no life in it does not ever speak talk about Him who made all and loves the world. So.. I listen to music that always as creation does gives Him glory in some way.. like Praise Album, Top Christian contemporary, Top Christian Rock..haha Or some new Jewish Christian singers or from other nations or Christian Rap or just classical on and on.

See truth what we don't want to see is if He is not in there life they are wicked, unrighteous enemy's of God. What has biz does the light have with darkness? I was saved for many years listening to Acid Rock.. I remember the day at work listening to it.. see God will say nothing do nothing but just one day that desire vanished.. my heart wants ALL of Him.. I can't be part in this world and part with Him. I remember in this bible study when I was like 15 she was praying for me and said "I see these black albums" (Dating my self) you should get ride of them. They were you kiss kansas, Styx, Bosten.. and they were not worshiping the devil lol. I at first didn't get rid of them weeks later she still saw them and so I did. See I never told her I had any. It was like them praying for me one night I had this huge wart in side my palm so as they were praying just before he stopped praying said "and lord even the ones between his toes". I never even told my mom about those. About a week later they all vanished and ever came back.

We do tend to look at things like music as if it worships the devil duh its bad but.. if its not for GOD they are against Him. But I can boldly say don't take my word for anything for all anyone has to do is ask the Father about it....but like anything if we do not mean it will not change when He answers He will say nothing for He knows our heart. To see that my Father gets all the glory in everything I do.. its just with in me...luke 11 13. He gave His life so I might be with Him forever. Why would I listen to something that does no care about Him at all.. they are not His not HIs friends but of the world which Satan is the god of.

Upvote 0