JWST evidence: Big Bang never happened? (as classically told)

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
With that, I am in full agreement. We just don't know. There's an awful lot we don't know. Thus, the assertion that God depends on our cooperation before he can do what he ordained from the beginning to happen, is (to me) bunk. He is not just on a level above us. He is of a different 'order' of being than we are. HE caused.
Amen! So how odd that we would ever say to God "your Word cannot be true since it does not conform to my speculation about how you do what you say you did"

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hubble Finds Hundreds of Young Galaxies in Early Universe
NASA - Hubble Finds Hundreds of Young Galaxies in Early Universe

The James Webb Space Telescope has only been watching the sky for a few weeks, and it has already delivered a startling finding: tens, hundreds, maybe even 1000 times more bright galaxies in the early universe than astronomers anticipated.

“No one was expecting anything like this,” says Michael Boylan-Kolchin of the University of Texas, Austin. “Galaxies are exploding out of the woodwork,” says Rachel Somerville of the Flatiron Institute.
Science | AAAS
The "reason" that they would not expect galaxies to simply "pop into existence" even given the idea of BB singularity - is a good thing to look at.

Meaning the implications for this finding should be taken seriously.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Amen! So how odd that we would ever say to God "your Word cannot be true since it does not conform to my speculation about how you do what you say you did"
I hear a 'such as' coming...

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The "reason" that they would not expect galaxies to simply "pop into existence" even given the idea of BB singularity - is a good thing to look at.

Meaning the implications for this finding should be taken seriously.
None of this calls into question the Big Bang itself.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Science now, just like religion, has now developed an "orthodoxy" now that is now no longer open to even hearing about any kind of changes or newer ideas to any of their long held ideas or theories, etc.
[/QUOTE]

Hm... plate tectonics, punctuated equilibrium, epistasis, epigenetics, dark matter...

All those new ideas while I was studying science. So it appears you're wrong.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
@The Barbarian

They are wrong about the universe.

And time will prove me right.

God Bless!
I can respect a person who says that they follow their beliefs in spite of the evidence. I think it's a bad idea, but it shows character.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I can respect a person who says that they follow their beliefs in spite of the evidence. I think it's a bad idea, but it shows character.
There is a duplicate thread/topic on this, in the physical and life sciences forum about this that I am posting in right now, so maybe you should check there if your truly interested about it, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
What bothers me about Big Bang Theory, as it has been explained to me by some unbelievers, is the preposterous notion that particularity can come of raw 'chance'. They speak of a homogenous period soon after the first expansion, that eventually began to present 'chance' accumulations and dispersions. HOW? Chance cannot, by definition, cause anything. At least one writer was more honest, though poetic, (which isn't usually quite honest), in that he trusted what science has always depended on —cause-and-effect: He said something like, "The seeds of all we see now were sown in the Big Bang." Chaos theory* is not fact, but a description of the facts for which we just don't know the causes; we can't crunch the numbers.

What the unbeliever can't bring himself to look at, is the simple fact that the particularities we see now, are the result of particularities at start-up, which fact necessarily demands explanation the scientific community won't provide.

There is no such thing as 'chance' or 'random' except in the "I don't know" of the human mind. I have come to detest the dual use of the terminology of 'chance' and 'random' which all true scientists admit mean only, "I don't know", yet they will turn around and use it as causative principle in their descriptions of the beginnings.

*I do delight in Chaos Theory, by the way. I particularly love the fact that in any 'chaotic' system, there are always limits to the excursions.

Upvote 0