South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please tell me where in the bible you find that.
oh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.
Joh 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.
Joh 1:5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
Joh 1:6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him.
Joh 1:8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.
Joh 1:9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
Joh 1:11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John *testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'"

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Nicene Creed is wonderful and all, but it was written by men.
As was the Holy Scriptures.
The Scriptures were written by those chosen by YHWH to write them, but the Creeds of Christendom interpreted what they themselves "felt" was correct. Big difference. :wave:
For example, where in the Creeds does it say there has to be a "Pope"?

http://www.scripture4all.org/

Ezekiel 29:3 "Speak, and say, 'Thus says 'Adonay Y@hovih : "Behold Me!, On you, O Pharaoh/Par`oh king of Egypt/04714 Mitsrayim, the Dragon/tanniyn, the Great who lies in midst of his rivers, which he says to Me, 'My River and I, I made for me [Revelation 12]

Mark 14:53 And they led away Jesus unto the chief-priest, and come together to Him do all the chief-priests, and the elders, and the scribes;

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For example, where in the Creeds does it say there has to be a "Pope"?

Uh, I'm Orthodox, not Roman Catholic, and I'm not sure what the Pope has to do with any of this.

What part of the Creed is not inspired of God ?

Upvote 0

jesusfreak3786

Senior Veteran
Sep 27, 2004
New York
✟17,712.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

qeon vs qeos In greek the words used for God in this verse are not the same. One means lesser god and the other means God as in Jehovah. Here is another way of putting it.

When the Apostle John wrote John 1:1, he used two forms of the Greek word for God. This is a very important point, when translating the verse into English. There's "θεον" (qeon) and there's also "θεος" (qeos).

Even to an untrained eye, it's clear that the final letter of the word is different. Yet, most modern English translations simply translate both forms as "God", even though there's a slightly different meaning. The only real linguistic difference between the two forms, is that 'qeos' is accusative and is 'qeon' nominative.

Curiously, the form 'qeos' is also used at 2 Corinthians 4:4 in reference to Satan. Yet, that isn't translated into English as "God", but as "god". So that raises the question — why do they translate it with a capital G in John, and a lower case G in 2 Corinthians?

Shouldn't it be translated the same way in both cases, even though one refers to Satan and the other to Jesus? If Jesus gets a capital "G" with that word, then Satan should too.

It is a clear case of mistranslation.

Joh 1:2 He was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.

Notice all things came to be, through him not by him.

Joh 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.
Joh 1:5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
Joh 1:6 There came a man sent from God, whose name was John.
Joh 1:7 He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through him.
Joh 1:8 He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.
Joh 1:9 There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.
Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.
Joh 1:11 He came to His own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,

And CO-HEIRS with him, a son. (sons or daughters receive an inheritance, you cannot be your own heir)

Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Joh 1:15 John *testified about Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has a higher rank than I, for He existed before me.'"
[/quote]

All these other verses are in agreement that Jesus is God son.

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The only real linguistic difference between the two forms, is that 'qeos' is accusative and is 'qeon' nominative.
Other way around. If you can't get basic Greek grammar right, why should we believe you about the translation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jesusfreak3786

Senior Veteran
Sep 27, 2004
New York
✟17,712.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Other way around. If you can't get basic Greek grammar right, why should we believe you about the translation?
O.K. Then educate me as to how those translations don't apply.

And while your at it will you please explain to me why the word used to supposedly prove that Jesus and Jehovah are one is also used to refer to Satan also.

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
O.K. Then educate me as to how those translations don't apply.

And while your at it will you please explain to me why the word used to supposedly prove that Jesus and Jehovah are one is also used to refer to Satan also.
I don't even get the point you were trying to make with θεος vs. θεον. Nominative vs. accusative has to do with the grammatical form of the sentence, not any translational difference. Nominative is used for the subject of the sentence, while accusative is used for the object of the sentence.
Have you studied much Greek?

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't even get the point you were trying to make with θεος vs. θεον. Nominative vs. accusative has to do with the grammatical form of the sentence, not any translational difference. Nominative is used for the subject of the sentence, while accusative is used for the object of the sentence.
Have you studied much Greek?
please answer her question concerning why the same word (theos)is used for satan,Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
please answer her question concerning why the same word (theos)is used for satan,Thank you.
Same as with the English word "god" - generic word. Also used for pagan gods and such. Context determines use.

Upvote 0
J

JustHuman1

So accourding to Trinitarian translation satan is also equal to Jesus since all it takes is for scripture to call you GOD and poof you are one with all the other gods and become one god made up of several gods.
If all it takes is to have theos refer to you to be part of the godhead
( I like this new God we all now have called God head)
oops but then the scriptures never say we must worship one godhead alone do they?
It doesn't take a Koine Greek major or Hebrew major to smell something fishy with the whole how many gods does it take to make one God theory

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lets not forget that according to their 'logic'...Moses is God also(may God forgive me for typing this)
Exodus 7:1 says, “And the LORD said unto Moses, ‘See I have made thee Elohiym to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.’”

Upvote 0

PattyOfurniture

Aug 15, 2007
Florida
✟16,524.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christianity is defined by The Church... and she speaks through the seven Ecumenical Councils.

The creed you agree to when you singed on to this forum is Christian.

JW are most assuredly outside Christianity.

Forgive me...
The most saddening thing about this post is that I do not see the phrase "the word of God","Gods word",or even the Bible.this is how upside-down things are today,this is beyond sad.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.