Tennessee
✟22,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Gonna keep it short: Me and my family was invited to church after some things happened that led us to have a pastor pray for me anyways once they invited us to church we go the following service and I get convicted and start to cry and apologize for sins that I have done and while I was crying or rite when I stopped crying I felt like warm and a perfect peace inside of me and felt weightless like I was floating, i was just wondering if this was for sure the holy ghost? I didnt speak in tounges when it happened I have recently but not until 7 years later that I spoke in tongues. So what do I call this experience ? Thanks for reading any comments are appreciated. God bless.

• Friendly
Reactions: Heartofsilver

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Gonna keep it short: Me and my family was invited to church after some things happened that led us to have a pastor pray for me anyways once they invited us to church we go the following service and I get convicted and start to cry and apologize for sins that I have done and while I was crying or rite when I stopped crying I felt like warm and a perfect peace inside of me and felt weightless like I was floating, i was just wondering if this was for sure the holy ghost? I didnt speak in tounges when it happened I have recently but not until 7 years later that I spoke in tongues. So what do I call this experience ? Thanks for reading any comments are appreciated. God bless.
I've had similar experiences. Sometimes for no apparent reason. If we have a load of guilt and we confess the sin, it can feel like a weight lifting off. I had that when I was first born again. If you still love the Lord Jesus and you are not feeling somehow superior on account of your experience, it is very likely the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In Yahuweh's(the Creator) Presence, In Yahushua's(Jesus') Presence, what will we feel like ? Peace? Joy? Terror? Fright? Warmth? Freezing?

Mostly Peace, of course, for everyone destined to be resurrected in Christ Jesus.

Cleansing tears, openly confessed sins, repentance, truth, trusting and relying on the Father, all may be accompanied with feelings, but this does not ever mean to follow the feelings. Feelings and emotions are unreliable. Useful sometimes, but unreliable - not to be trusted. Not to be counted on.

He whose mind is stayed upon Christ, is kept (guarded, protected) in perfect peace.

The strength of our joy is our daily abiding, being echad, one, living in union with Jesus and with the Heavenly Father .

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

It is called being forgiven by God the Father, of the sins that you have committed. The weightless and the peace confirm that those sins are lifted from you.

Reactions: Justin D
Upvote 0

Justin D

Jun 7, 2019
Tennessee
✟22,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've had similar experiences. Sometimes for no apparent reason. If we have a load of guilt and we confess the sin, it can feel like a weight lifting off. I had that when I was first born again. If you still love the Lord Jesus and you are not feeling somehow superior on account of your experience, it is very likely the Holy Spirit.
what was your born agian experience like? How do you know you was born agian if you dont mind me asking?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
what was your born agian experience like? How do you know you was born agian if you dont mind me asking?
Good question, Justin. First up, I realised that I was not going to make it into heaven. I did not meet God's standard of absolute perfection. I found out then what it means when people say, "My heart sank". I said, "What can I do?". Then the person who witnessed to me told me that Lord Jesus had died for my sins. He said a good deal more than that, but he made it clear that I could be forgiven because of what Jesus did for me on the cross. I accepted Christ and what He had done for me right then. Immediately, I felt a load of guilt lift off me. I'd not realised I'd felt guilty because I'd never felt any other way. I also had a sense that this was what I'd been searching for. Again, I did not realise that I was searching. In the weeks that followed, I began to have a desire to study the Bible. Before I was born again, I could not read the Bible. I could read everything else, but not that. I also wanted to know God's will. I had no idea that God had plans that He wanted to implement here on earth. I wanted to be with other Christians and I even started going to church as often as I could. That was a miracle.

There is a part of our make up that is known as the spirit. We are born with this and it is the us. We are not just a mind or emotions. There is something deeper. The spirit of man is dead to God. When we are born again, it is the spirit that is made alive. The spirit is where the Lord Jesus comes to live. We have a new ability within to know spiritual reality. The eyes give us knowledge of the physical world. We can see colours, shapes, movement and the glories of God's creation. The mind is able to think, reason, interpret and imagine. It "sees" and makes sense of what we see and hear. The spirit has a similar function but of God's realm, the Spirit. I knew that I had changed. I did not understand it at all. After some time, I began to learn what had happened by studying God's word and listening to preaching, reading Christian books and so on.

Reactions: Justin D
Upvote 0