Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have been reading about David in Samual. I thought I would make a general comment about God, and man’s heart. Firstly God does not make mistakes, if He has called you to a thing He believes you can do it, but we need to wisely consider the way we go about His call. Saul was not chosen as a mistake God said when Saul failed to rule wisely:

1Sa 13:13 And Samuel said to Saul, "You have done foolishly. You have not kept the commandment of the LORD your God, which He commanded you. For now the LORD would have established your kingdom over Israel forever.​

God said He had planned to use him in the same way as David, God said He would have established his kingdom over Israel forever. This was a reference to being of the lineage of Christ. Disobedience robbed Saul of this honor. This failure shows us how we, as people should never cease to rely closely on the LORD for His plan for us is great if we continue in Him, yet even the best man for the job can fail. David’s defeat of Goliath shows us another thing, God certainly knew David’s heart, that David had a heart of “massive” faith. David also had a heartfelt love for God, writing many of the Psalms. Yet now let’s look at the sad side of human nature, even the faith-filled, worshiping David fell into sin. Don’t be surprised if even the greats are not perfect, having fears, and doubts. But we should honor the faithful, and remain faithful in our own hearts.

God never overlooked sin, but we must remember that none of us will be perfect. Remembering to forgive one another in the same way Christ forgave us, not focusing on the “persons” faults, but allowing for growth as God forgave David:

Col 3:13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.

Last edited: