✟22,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have this best friend....
I dated him last year, and things were a mess.
I jumped in too soon after another relationship.
I went on a break with him back in April because I had alot to figure out. Throughout the summer, we kept in touch and hung out a few times but if we ever talked about dating again, it was always "later".

Well, school came back and I kind of thought that maybe we would get back together because my heart was mostly fixed and things were better, but we didn't. There was still some apprehension there, but we are at least like best friends.

All fall, we've gone in and out ... sometimes he thinks maybe there could be a relationship but I don't know....earlier on (a few months ago) I made a post about how I was considering getting back together but there were things we would have to change that were challenges.

sometimes I do but he doesn't. This is kind of frustrating. We still really care about eachother, but there are hindrances.

His job is taking over his life, and he says he needs to balance his time. He also wants to work on personal problems.
I respect that he needs to work on stuff, but its hard to be patient.

I have some problems also.... my fuze is a little short and so is my faith sometimes, thats one thing I want to fix.

Its hard for me to get motivated to change mine.
I know if we could straighten all that out, I think that God would put us back together...I just get that feeling.
But how to get there without freaking out?

What we really need is focus.... we need to sit down and read our bible together, pray together, not hang out too much, but make quality of the time when we do, and really respect each other... but that's hard when he's stressed out from work
and I'm stressed out from school.

I feel like I'm losing him.
He says I'm not....

but last year, he would have done anything to have a chance with me. I was shutting him down because I was broken-hearted from someone else. I've said and done things I regret.

Now all the things I did wrong seem to be biting me in the butt because even though the problems with him now are not my fault,
his uncertainty about anything is painful.

I dunno what to do.:(

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds to me like he's using you for what he can get and when he wants to get it. If it isn't right you have not the power to make it work.

Look elsewhere. There's plenty of fish in the sea!!!

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

“ Believe “ in Greek is a verb and has three components which are: hearing, accepting, and then " ACTING " upon that which you have accepted. X Even though you can't see him, GOD is there!!! O ( click on the x and drag to the O ) ( then see who is with you ) steven

Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2007
✟15,202.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It sounds like you guys are putting a lot of pressure on yourselves.

God's timing is perfect. If He wants you guys to be together, you will be...but not until you're both ready. Until you can support eachother in the way that you both need. Be a sister in Christ, stay in prayer, and have peace in knowing that God is in control.

If you find it too difficult to be around him without more, you need to take some time away.

Blessings!
FIHH

Upvote 0