• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just Found Out My Former Husband Has Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenny35

Jan 23, 2004
✟117.00
Faith
Christian
Please, someone pray for me. I have just found out that my ex-husband has died. We divorced when our daughter was a baby (she is now 14). I tried for a long time to find out where he was, to no avail. We never heard from him. Finally, a few days ago, I hired an online detective agency and got the report yesterday evening. The report listed his family (I hadn't heard from them either) and I called his mother to confirm. She said he died loving me and that he stayed away all these years because he thought that's what I wanted.

I have been praying for the restoration of my marriage for so long, and standing on the promises of the Lord and believing Him to heal my marriage and now this. I had to tell my daughter that her dad has died. I am also a cancer patient and very sick. I'm all she has.

I feel like my heart is going to break right now. I can't even begin to know how to deal with this. The grief is overwhelming. I have loved my husband since I was nineteen years old and we were young newlyweds. He passed away two years ago, just before his 35th birthday, of a massive heart attack. I feel like dying inside. Please someone please pray for us.

tj179

Spirit filled
Nov 8, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟190.00
Faith
Christian
Jenny my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your daughter. I have 2 daughters to an ex wife that also passed away 3 years ago at the age of 36. It was hard to take but we have worked through it and my relationship with my daughters has grown.
Look to the Lord for peace and comfort and remember as hard as it is to figure out why, Gods plan is always a first class plan.
Jenny, Keep your head up. Jesus loves you and will take care of you.
Love and prayers,
Tom

Upvote 0

Worddancer

Dec 29, 2003
Midwest, US
✟9,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh how incredibly tragic! To think it seemed just a misunderstanding that kept you apart after the divorce . . . I can't begin to imagine what you're going through (although I have been divorced ~ the idea of seeing that my ex had died wouldn not hit me the same as it has you, but it would be a bit unsettling) . . But will pray for your comfort and for your health, and especially for your child.

Reactions: faerieevaH
Upvote 0

jenny35

Jan 23, 2004
✟117.00
Faith
Christian
tj179 said:
Jenny my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your daughter. I have 2 daughters to an ex wife that also passed away 3 years ago at the age of 36. It was hard to take but we have worked through it and my relationship with my daughters has grown.
Look to the Lord for peace and comfort and remember as hard as it is to figure out why, Gods plan is always a first class plan.
Jenny, Keep your head up. Jesus loves you and will take care of you.
Love and prayers,
Tom
Thank you for your prayers. I'm sorry to hear that you have been through the same experience. I am trying so hard to just hold on to Jesus. God bless Tom. Thanks.

Jenny

Upvote 0

jenny35

Jan 23, 2004
✟117.00
Faith
Christian
Worddancer said:
Oh how incredibly tragic! To think it seemed just a misunderstanding that kept you apart after the divorce . . . I can't begin to imagine what you're going through (although I have been divorced ~ the idea of seeing that my ex had died wouldn not hit me the same as it has you, but it would be a bit unsettling) . . But will pray for your comfort and for your health, and especially for your child.
Thank you for your prayers. We are hanging in there but it's so hard. Even though my husband died two years ago, for us it just happened. God bless you.

Jenny

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.