Aug 4, 2010
New Jersey
✟16,980.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
... just PART of the evidence for the "Big Bang"

Ah, you must have grown up in LA? And been a night owl?

:)

correct! well, not LA, grew up in anaheim.....and i was a night owl, but not really by choice, LOL....on fridays and saturdays, my mom would want me to stay up with her and watch old movies and play cards with her....

i also had a thing where i could not be the last one asleep - there had to be even just one adult still up when i went to bed, otherwise i thought something bad would happen.....if i was the last one up, i would lay there and imagine all kinds of horrible things, lol.....(thankfully i don't do that anymore, grew out of that, thank God!)

Upvote 0

CaliforniaJosiah

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2005
✟206,695.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

I have a pass to Disneyland. Been there HUNDREDS of times, since I was younger than I can remember.

I have very fond childhood memories of that place, but probably my fondest memory is when I was 15. There was this (very cute) girl I liked - and my first "date" was at Disneyland. Well, if you could call it that. My parents didn't allow "dates" in the traditional sense at that age and well, I couldn't have driven there anyway. So, my whole family (including older sibs) went along (sigh). Originally, her parents were going to coming along too (double sigh!!). NONETHELESS, we held hands and got to... express ourselves.... in the numerous dark places we both knew about around the Magic Kingdom. Finding ways to ignore my sibs (especially older brother) and those wonderful dark places just made it all the better. I wonder what Klara is doing these days..... BTW, I still think Disneyland a great date place... and have enjoyed it in that role several times over the years.

I have the TV on whenever I'm home. I turn it on first thing in the morning, I turn it off last thing at night. Weird thing: I RARELY watch it. It's just background din. Keeps me company, I guess. I do watch a bit of the Today Show in the morning and I occasionally watch the Science Channel or Nova or History or Discovery... but mostly, probably 80% of the time, I don't even know what's on. It's just on. Not very "green" of me (especially since it's a 42 inch flat screen - they take a lot of juice, I understand).

I'm not a night owl, but I don't sleep much, either. I typically wonder off to bed around midnight and I just get up about 6:00. Automatically. My "clock" just works like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Flipper

Flippant Dolphin
Feb 19, 2003
✟12,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
i was just talking about this last night with darev and the kids, i don't even know what made me think of it....

anybody under the age of, say, 40, probably won't even know what i'm talking about - but it used to be that tv stations had a set "broadcast day", and around 2 or 3 in the morning, they would say something like "KTTV has completed it's broadcast day.....(and then a bunch of stuff about how they broadcast).....KTTV will resume broadcasting at 6AM...." etc and so forth.....then they would play the national anthem amid scenes of the flag waving, and then it would abruptly go to "snow", meaning "static" (think carol anne in poltergeist)....

i would absolutely FREAK OUT when i would hear them say that they were ending their broadcast day, or hear the national anthem, because i knew the snow was coming, and that absolutely SCARED ME TO DEATH!!! i totally thought the house or the world was going to blow up or something....

thankfully tv stations don't do that anymore - or i would probably still freak out about it, lol....

I remember that, and it did used to freak me out too! Especially the symbol of our local PBS station. I would have nightmares about it.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't even know there was a new Voltron!? Blasphemy! I grew up on the Lionbots and robeasts, King Zorkon, Haggar the Witch, the mice, Prince Lotor, and some awesome 80's music! :cool::thumbsup:

I take it you don't like the new version? I actually enjoy both (and have both DVD box sets), if you look at them as separate entities and not one as a re-boot of the other.

That being said, thinking of a show my son likes -- Original Voltron hands down. That new Voltron Force thing is just bad.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You don't have to have a dramatic story to tell. It could be as simple as this one:

I don't really care for ice cream. (Yes, I know that makes me un-American!)

O.K. On the lighter side:

When I was young, I failed my first driving test. Of course, the fact that I very nearly hit the Policeman's car while attempting to parallel park didn't help. Yikes! I was so upset, I didn't try again, until after I graduated from college.

Keep in mind, things were different back in the 70's. I wouldn't have had a car to drive anyway--until I graduated, got a job, and bought one myself.

After I graduated, I passed my second driving test. I was so thrilled!

About 7 years later (I was married by then,) my husband and I moved to California. So, I only needed to take a written test to get my CA driver's license. And---you guessed it: I failed the written test! I hadn't studied. I thought, "How different can it be from Texas?" The answer: all kinds of different. It was the rules about bike lanes that did me in. The lady, who told me I missed one too many on the test, took pity on me, and passed me anyway.

And they say people with a college education aren't special. lol.

Anna

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lprdgecko

Jan 15, 2012
Tennessee
✟7,809.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Two things:

I can't fall asleep unless I've checked under my blankets to make sure there are no spiders or bugs hiding at the foot of my bed... I've never actually had that happen to me (though there was a really scary house centipede - the things you find crawling in a basement - ON my bed one day...), I am just paranoid and really scared of bugs.

Cleaning out the lint trap in the dryer used to almost make me gag. I'm not as bad as that anymore, but it still grosses me out a little bit... No clue why, it's just fuzz... I'm just a weirdo, I guess ;)

Upvote 0

Anna Scott

May 29, 2009
Texas
✟21,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Two things:

I can't fall asleep unless I've checked under my blankets to make sure there are no spiders or bugs hiding at the foot of my bed... I've never actually had that happen to me (though there was a really scary house centipede - the things you find crawling in a basement - ON my bed one day...), I am just paranoid and really scared of bugs. . .

Lprdgecko,

Well, if you live in Texas, that's not so strange. We have those little geckos everywhere. Sometimes, they will run in the house, when you open the door. When my son was small, he would catch them and release them outside again. One time I had one in my bedroom. I couldn't catch that rascal. I would go to sleep hoping I wouldn't wake up with the gecko on my face. Yikes! I did finally catch him and put him outside. On the plus side, I never had a gecko try to sell me car insurance.

We have many critters in Texas. Gotta check your boots and shoes before putting them on. lol.

Anna

Upvote 0

MissesDenim

Less Bitter on My Sweet Please.
Mar 16, 2012
USA NY
✟15,553.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Two things:

I can't fall asleep unless I've checked under my blankets to make sure there are no spiders or bugs hiding at the foot of my bed... I've never actually had that happen to me (though there was a really scary house centipede - the things you find crawling in a basement - ON my bed one day...), I am just paranoid and really scared of bugs.

Cleaning out the lint trap in the dryer used to almost make me gag. I'm not as bad as that anymore, but it still grosses me out a little bit... No clue why, it's just fuzz... I'm just a weirdo, I guess ;)

Lol I understand the Bug thing. I do that everytime I enter a foreign room or place. I know I am unable to do dishes if there is floating food in there. Or someone puts a dirty dish without me thoroughly rinsing it off. I would have to get a pair of clamps or a spoon to pull the drain up so it can drain out then make the dish water all over again lol Good thing I have a dish washer now \^.^/ and I agree with the dryer thing too, its just collected lint but its lint I rather not have to touch >_<

Upvote 0

Lprdgecko

Jan 15, 2012
Tennessee
✟7,809.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Lol I understand the Bug thing. I do that everytime I enter a foreign room or place. I know I am unable to do dishes if there is floating food in there. Or someone puts a dirty dish without me thoroughly rinsing it off. I would have to get a pair of clamps or a spoon to pull the drain up so it can drain out then make the dish water all over again lol Good thing I have a dish washer now \^.^/ and I agree with the dryer thing too, its just collected lint but its lint I rather not have to touch >_<

Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

doulos_tou_kuriou

Located at the intersection of Forde and Giertz
Apr 26, 2006
MinneSO-TA. That's how they say it here, right?
✟17,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I literally have a phobia of infestation. So I'm not scared of bugs, I'm scared that they brought friends. My wife laments every time I find a gnat in the kitchen or ant by the door because she knows I will begin an obsessive hunt through the house to make sure there are no more of them.

A few weeks ago she found some kind of bug in our flour that apparently can live in it, and she debated whether or not to tell me. She did, and I went on to throw out every open box of cereal because she mentioned this bug can live in that too.

Upvote 0

Lprdgecko

Jan 15, 2012
Tennessee
✟7,809.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I literally have a phobia of infestation. So I'm not scared of bugs, I'm scared that they brought friends. My wife laments every time I find a gnat in the kitchen or ant by the door because she knows I will begin an obsessive hunt through the house to make sure there are no more of them.

A few weeks ago she found some kind of bug in our flour that apparently can live in it, and she debated whether or not to tell me. She did, and I went on to throw out every open box of cereal because she mentioned this bug can live in that too.

I know what you mean about those flour bugs... We had some a few years ago in a brand new bag of flour that my mom had bought... Yuck.

I'm like you with the "bugs bringing friends" thing... Though even if it's just one bug I'm still scared of it... We have these really creepy house centipede things that live in our basement at home. Since we had our basement finished a few years ago, they've been seen less and less, but about once every couple of months one comes out of hiding and scares the living daylights out of me, especially since I know it has friends that are hiding somewhere in the storage rooms... *shudder*

Upvote 0